Locked AEW CVIII: Savannah Bananas > Thunder Rosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that new live events guy starts booking AEW in smaller buildings. Just saw the WrestleTix post for here in Phoenix in a couple weeks. A year ago AEW did it's first show in Phoenix and configured the building for 7,000 tickets and sold it out. This year in the same building they're tarping off hard cam side and only set up for 5,200 and have only sold 3,600 with only 12 days until the show. They only come here once a year. They'll probably fill the 5,200 by show time, for a technical "sell out" but this is a massive NBA building. Phoenix has several buildings where 5,000 people filling that bitch would look amazing aesthetically.

100% expecting Okada to come out at Revolution and confront his former mentor Samoa Joe.

Only if he's rocking full Okato gear.

ieb8Knt.png

I hope that new live events guy starts booking AEW in smaller buildings. Just saw the WrestleTix post for here in Phoenix in a couple weeks. A year ago AEW did it's first show in Phoenix and configured the building for 7,000 tickets and sold it out. This year in the same building they're tarping off hard cam side and only set up for 5,200 and have only sold 3,600 with only 12 days until the show. They only come here once a year. They'll probably fill the 5,200 by show time, for a technical "sell out" but this is a massive NBA building. Phoenix has several buildings where 5,000 people filling that bitch would look amazing aesthetically.

Heard the old guy was booking place in California with a population of like 60k lmao

Going back to the OG venues every so often isn't a terrible idea either. The atmosphere at the daily place was solid and it never crossed my mind about the smaller crowd. Gotta build back up.

Meltzer was saying yesterday that with the new guy in they won't be running tiny markets anymore lol

Guess we won't be hearing Ruh-gina on our TV's ever again :(
Saskatchewaners in shambles.

(Was Ruh-gyna a big revelation to Americans on how its pronounced? lol)

They are running Bossier City, LA for Collision. A whopping population of 62,000 and will probably draw 2000ish. 3% of the total population, which isn't bad.

Whomever decided the run this town is a complete fucking idiot.

Saskatchewaners in shambles.

(Was Ruh-gyna a big revelation to Americans on how its pronounced? lol)

The gina part for sure. People here named Gina are usually pronounced Geenuh

Hearing Tony Khan on TV pronouncing it like vagina was definitely funny sounding.

Me watching:

The gina part for sure. People here named Gina are usually pronounced Geenuh

Hearing Tony Khan on TV pronouncing it like vagina was definitely funny sounding.

Me watching:

Yea, I get it.
Regina the female name is always said "Geena"
But Regina the city always rhymes with A FEMALES YOU KNOW WHAT.

They are running Bossier City, LA for Collision. A whopping population of 62,000 and will probably draw 2000ish. 3% of the total population, which isn't bad.

Whomever decided the run this town is a complete fucking idiot.

Bossier City is a suburb of Shreveport, so it's still a decent sized market, I'm shocked they didn't sell more. Shreveport has great wrestling history and was the Mid South hub back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back