Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
GMH0qQCbQAAIPqs

So Kenny Omega is definitely working people with these twitch streams lol he was asked who he would like to induct him into a hall of fame if it happened and he didn't mention The Young Bucks at all. Just mentioned Kota, Sami Zayn, and Kurt Angle. He also said he's ready to fight on Wednesday lmao

Worked for WWE at Wrestlemania lol
Not even close to the same for a lot of reasons.

I enjoy AEW but when your ppv was set up for 6000-6500 and your competitor does 10-15k on Monday nights.... You should focus on promoting yourself.

I enjoy AEW but when your ppv was set up for 6000-6500 and your competitor does 10-15k on Monday nights.... You should focus on promoting yourself.
And I really enjoyed the whole neck brace thing. He had created great publicity and a chance to increase positive awareness of his brand.

He did promote AEW in that video. That was the whole point. It's possible to promote your company, take a shot at a competitor, and have fun too. Do you think Tony Khan getting all this attention over the draft isn't drawing eyes towards AEW?

The whole reason AEW is a thing is because The Elite are brilliant wrestlers, who have fun, while being trolls. It got them deals with Hot Topic, it got All In to be a massive success, a TV deal on mainstream TV in a prime time spot, two extra shows, and the most success a promotion has had outside of WWE this century.

The thing they need to do is actually capitalise on it and not waste it lol which is easier said than done, I guess

He did promote AEW in that video. That was the whole point. It's possible to promote your company, take a shot at a competitor, and have fun too. Do you think Tony Khan getting all this attention over the draft isn't drawing eyes towards AEW?

The whole reason AEW is a thing is because The Elite are brilliant wrestlers, who have fun, while being trolls. It got them deals with Hot Topic, it got All In to be a massive success, a TV deal on mainstream TV in a prime time spot, two extra shows, and the most success a promotion has had outside of WWE this century.

They actually started laughing during the interview about how much he was plugging AEW. It nearly became obnoxious. Nobody wants to mention that. The majority of the conversation was about promoting AEW. Then he threw out the Harvey Weinstein line and people went "He isn't promoting his product. ". He totally was lol

They actually started laughing during the interview about how much he was plugging AEW. It nearly became obnoxious. Nobody wants to mention that. The majority of the conversation was about promoting AEW. Then he threw out the Harvey Weinstein line and people went "He isn't promoting his product. ". He totally was lol
I laughed when they asked him on the condition of his neck and he responded with "you'll have to tune in on Wednesday to find out" lmao

Do you think Tony Khan getting all this attention over the draft isn't drawing eyes towards AEW?
I think he was drawing eyes and then he brought up something people probably remember from when they were a kid and are now just as likely to check out.
You need to watch it as a person not invested in AEW or wrestling in general. It's not that he didn't do the one thing, it's that he brought up something else too.

Nobody besides AEW fans are going to think the shot at WWE was cool. It only serves to remind non-wrestling people they are a less successful wrestling promotion and WWE is out there.

Independent wrestling was hotter than ever with more people known than ever....WWE sucked... There was a guy willing to pump money in

It was great timing and the right people. CM Punk gave them a big boost after that. How have they grown their audience since the time around All In by any metric?

Independent wrestling was hotter than ever with more people known than ever....WWE sucked... There was a guy willing to pump money in

It was great timing and the right people. CM Punk gave them a big boost after that. How have they grown their audience since the time around All In by any metric?
With more people known than ever? I think you're getting your time frame mixed up because 99% of those guys were already signed by WWE and were in NXT.

How many big names on the indies outside of The Elite that started with the company are still here today? Janela is gone, Kazarian is gone, Santana and Ortiz are no longer a thing, Allie, Awesome Kong, Jimmy Havoc are all gone. None of them would have been game changers for starting a promotion either.

It really was just Jericho and The Elite, and Jericho isn't an indie guy.

As for what a more casual audience thinks, I don't know if they'll see AEW as a little league making pathetic shots at the big leagues or not. The only negative reception I've seen is hardcore fans saying casuals will hate it and it won't look good outside of the wrestling bubble. I haven't actually seen any casuals complaining at all. That seems to be a common thing though, like Orange Cassidy gets the exact same criticism yet he's something that attracts the eye of casuals.

All In was less than a year ago and was one of the largest attendances in wrestling history. Yeah, they're in a slump right now, but again I've seen the exact same complaints before All In.

AEW is always dying, nobody is gonna turn up, nobody is gonna watch the program, WBD will cancel them, out of business by February.

With more people known than ever? I think you're getting your time frame mixed up because 99% of those guys were already signed by WWE and were in NXT.

How many big names on the indies outside of The Elite that started with the company are still here today? Janela is gone, Kazarian is gone, Santana and Ortiz are no longer a thing, Allie, Awesome Kong, Jimmy Havoc are all gone. None of them would have been game changers for starting a promotion either.

It really was just Jericho and The Elite, and Jericho isn't an indie guy.

As for what a more casual audience thinks, I don't know if they'll see AEW as a little league making pathetic shots at the big leagues or not. The only negative reception I've seen is hardcore fans saying casuals will hate it and it won't look good outside of the wrestling bubble. I haven't actually seen any casuals complaining at all. That seems to be a common thing though, like Orange Cassidy gets the exact same criticism yet he's something that attracts the eye of casuals.

All In was less than a year ago and was one of the largest attendances in wrestling history. Yeah, they're in a slump right now, but again I've seen the exact same complaints before All In.

AEW is always dying, nobody is gonna turn up, nobody is gonna watch the program, WBD will cancel them, out of business by February.
I didn't say they were dying, I didn't say nobody is going to watch. I said they're not growing. I said that mentioning WWE was a bad move and the rest was good. I'd love more people to watch and for it to grow, I don't think they're doing a good job in that. That's pretty much it.

You don't need to dump your purse of AEW arguments at me. Maybe it's my fault for responding to the first batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back