AEW Dynamite XXXVI - AEW Takes over the Tri State Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone wants the Attitude Era back and those matches were usually 5 mins long and ended in DQ or run in lol

I want the promos back and the PPV matches. Aside from that, a lot of that era is lumped in with nostalgia, and rightfully so. I was a dumb kid. I get it.

Bryan wins, then Bryan loses the title match, then Hangman takes the belt from Kenny.
I was thinking Bryan loses, and Hangman returns at the very end to make the crowd go nutso. But that is total wishful thinking

They're just cramming too much shit into to two hours. Some of the matches should be longer.

Hard disagree on longer matches. That's what drove me away from wrestling in the first place. Every week on Raw: Here's a 20 minute nothing match where Miz/Ziggler/Sheamus/Ryback/Bad News guy/etc will trade wins and every match has 3 false finishes and nobody gets over. Save the long matches for the big shows.

Very much enjoyed the show this week. Great stuff. Built on everything for the Grand Slam shows which by the look of things are STACKED!!!

Cole vs Kaz was very good. As I suspected, Cole is a very good wrestler. With his considerable mic skills, he could be a huge deal. The 6 man should be great too.

MJF getting the crazy heat as usual. His ability to have crowds eating out of his hand is remarkable. They boo when he says "cut my music." That is something I haven't seen in a loooong time.

The sit-down with BP Jr was good. Dude is coming along very well. When he gets animated he really sounds like his dad. Only noticed that today.

While I enjoyed Christian ripping on Cole, god I wish it was JB who said it.

Cody is back. Great to see. Nice touch that he wore a suit so bright it could be seen from Mars. Giving Don Callis a run for his money there.

Anna Jay would rather have Tay in her corner than the DO. Me too.:)

The Jericho/Lambert segment was great! Fine use of both. Popped when I saw PVZ and Austin.

Jade vs Leyla was fine.

Andrade was OK. It's not just that he has a really strong accent, he also hasn't unlearned the crap WWE cadence. Both of those things are death for a promo.

Punk vs Hobbs it is. Loved the dream match tease for Punk vs Hook. "You think you're special..."

Darby vs Spears was very good. Darby over af. BAH GAWD the disrespect to Sting! Hyped for FTR vs Darby/Sting.

Bryan/Kenny segment was great. Bryan was never the best promo in the world, but it goes to show that in an unscripted environment anyone can excel. Just keep it simple! Should be a good match of course. Is it for the belt though?

Miro cut another good promo.

Main event was short and sweet. Just what it needed to be.
I said to my wife either last night or the night before that someone needs to do the My Way Punk vs Hook!

Hard disagree on longer matches. That's what drove me away from wrestling in the first place. Every week on Raw: Here's a 20 minute nothing match where Miz/Ziggler/Sheamus/Ryback/Bad News guy/etc will trade wins and every match has 3 false finishes and nobody gets over. Save the long matches for the big shows.
It isn't the 20 minute matches. It's the SAME 20 minute matches 3, or often more, freaking times.

RAW/WWE drove me away with three minute squash matches, 50/50 booking and the inability to make any secondary title worthwhile.

We're a picky bunch us wrestling fans, lol.

Isn't that the truth, lol.
But in this day and age, there are a lot of choices, it's not just the 90s with WCW and WWF or the 2000s with WWE, TNA and indies.
With the internet, you can access so many damn companies.

But some people will never be pleased. And will just bitch and moan for the sake of it.
Like stop watching wrestling already.

But in this day and age, there are a lot of choices, it's not just the 90s with WCW and WWF or the 2000s with WWE, TNA and indies.
With the internet, you can access so many damn companies.

But some people will never be pleased. And will just bitch and moan for the sake of it.
Like stop watching wrestling already.

I think WWE has put on some really good PPVs lately. The top of their card has been strong. The mid-card has been an issue and their tag team division is a mess.

I do think AEW has worked really hard to give everyone a program but I think theyre just shoe horning random things into they shows and it's hurting matches and momentum, the Dan Lambert thing being a good example. Yes he can cut a promo, but I would rather have a better, longer match on the card.

I'm good with the match length on Dynamite. Most of the matches on every episode are 10-15 minutes long. That's more than enough for me.

Their long 10-15 minute matches have actually been a detriment to the women's division. They've had a lot of shitty matches that could've been better if they were only 5, like Jade vs. Hirsch last night, that shit went way too long and I can say that for a lot of their women's matches, they get exposed bad going past a few minutes.

I'm good with the match length on Dynamite. Most of the matches on every episode are 10-15 minutes long. That's more than enough for me.

Their long 10-15 minute matches have actually been a detriment to the women's division. They've had a lot of shitty matches that could've been better if they were only 5, like Jade vs. Hirsch last night, that shit went way too long and I can say that for a lot of their women's matches, they get exposed bad going past a few minutes.

Well shit, apparently Jade vs. Hirsch was only 6 minutes last night, that shit dragged so bad it felt 10+ lol

Very much enjoyed the show this week. Great stuff. Built on everything for the Grand Slam shows which by the look of things are STACKED!!!

Cole vs Kaz was very good. As I suspected, Cole is a very good wrestler. With his considerable mic skills, he could be a huge deal. The 6 man should be great too.

MJF getting the crazy heat as usual. His ability to have crowds eating out of his hand is remarkable. They boo when he says "cut my music." That is something I haven't seen in a loooong time.

The sit-down with BP Jr was good. Dude is coming along very well. When he gets animated he really sounds like his dad. Only noticed that today.

While I enjoyed Christian ripping on Cole, god I wish it was JB who said it.

Cody is back. Great to see. Nice touch that he wore a suit so bright it could be seen from Mars. Giving Don Callis a run for his money there.

Anna Jay would rather have Tay in her corner than the DO. Me too.:)

The Jericho/Lambert segment was great! Fine use of both. Popped when I saw PVZ and Austin.

Jade vs Leyla was fine.

Andrade was OK. It's not just that he has a really strong accent, he also hasn't unlearned the crap WWE cadence. Both of those things are death for a promo.

Punk vs Hobbs it is. Loved the dream match tease for Punk vs Hook. "You think you're special..."

Darby vs Spears was very good. Darby over af. BAH GAWD the disrespect to Sting! Hyped for FTR vs Darby/Sting.

Bryan/Kenny segment was great. Bryan was never the best promo in the world, but it goes to show that in an unscripted environment anyone can excel. Just keep it simple! Should be a good match of course. Is it for the belt though?

Miro cut another good promo.

Main event was short and sweet. Just what it needed to be.

Miro and Fuego had a good match, will air on Rampage.

Well shit, apparently Jade vs. Hirsch was only 6 minutes last night, that shit dragged so bad it felt 10+ lol

Yeah I was going to say it was only like 5 minutes but when someone sucks at wrestling time slows down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back