After Jiri vs Rakic, will people finally admit that Alex got an early stoppage privilege vs Jiri?

There's no minimum time that you need to be unconscious before something counts as a KO. If the ref doesn't see it (like in the Jiri/Reyes fight), that's one thing, but if they do, it's their job to stop the fight.

Remember Stann/Sakara? Sakara was only out for an instant, but everyone was so impressed that Stann stopped as soon as he realized Sakara was unconscious, and no one thought it was a bad call.
3stan.gif

If you like a fighter, sure, I understand you wanting them to have a chance to keep fighting. But a KO is a KO.

Wait, based on what exactly? Because Jiri got up immediately after the stoppage? So did Hill but nobody would say it was a bad stoppage. You guys need to let this go

I could be remembering it wrong but didn't Jiri himself say that it was a good stoppage because he was indeed out?
Yes he said that. Jiri also said he was KO'd by Reyes by the upkick. Reyes was the real champ.

Yes he said that. Jiri also said he was KO'd by Reyes by the upkick. Reyes was the real champ.
did the ref stop the fight when he was KOd by the upkick? im not sure what your point here is.

ref stopped fight when poatan ko'd jiri. jiri said it was good and legitimate stoppage because he was indeed KO'd. not sure why this is hard to understand for some people.

If anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt it's Jiri.

My GF was going on and on how Jiri is done for against Rakic.

I told her to belive in Jiri-Sama

She now is beliver.
My friend asked me who I think will win in the first round when Rogan was acting like Jiri was finished from a couple of leg kicks

I told him Jiri is a wild man and it will come out of nowhere

He now is believer too

did the ref stop the fight when he was KOd by the upkick? im not sure what your point here is.

ref stopped fight when poatan ko'd jiri. jiri said it was good and legitimate stoppage because he was indeed KO'd. not sure why this is hard to understand for some people.
Point is Jiri is chinny, Reyes should been real champ and refs aren't stopping fights to protect fighters. UFC is dying.

Yes, he said it himself. But there are some nuthuggers that will say Prochazka is lying...about himself, lmao

lets be real here, the guy doesnt remember the fight

<Dany07>

one thing that is certain is that he can take quite a bit of damage, way more than expected

however, he's not getting past hands of stone Poatan

I’ve rooted for Alex since he came into UFC. Wanted him to dethrone Adesanya and I was glad when he did. I had money on Alex to beat Israel in first UFC matchup, and even then I would’ve liked the ref to
Give Israel another chance to recover during the standing TKO. But it was still a more valid stoppage than vs Jiri.

Last night, Alex finished Hill legitimately. When Alex fought Strickland, he put Sean out legit.

Yes, Alex rocked Jiri badly. Jiri was not done, just because he went limp for a split second and fell back during the TD attempt.

The ref should have given Jiri another few seconds chance at recovery. It's likely that Jiri couldve hip escaped full Mount and regained half guard on a kickboxer with limited grappling top control.

that is all. jiri vs alex 2 needs to happen this year or in 2025.

If you finally agree to grow up I'll consider it.

Jiri looked like a punching bag last night and was getting tuned up.

Fortunately Rakic is the level of guy you can get away with that. He hadn't fought in a full year and was coming off knee surgery and still was casually out classing Jiri who's game plan is rely on his chin and try and land something wild.

Alex nearly kicked Jiri's legs off and when he went for the 'wild man' routine after getting nowhere with kickboxing or grappling, he immediately got ping-pong dropped. Then he got dropped a second time and fell flat into full mount.

The referee saved him from more serious brain trauma. Alex would murder him again in a rematch.

What about this fight shows that Jiri/Pereira was early? Did Rakic put Jiri on the floor and he recovered? I don't believe so.

Jiri is technically awful. The forum loves him because he likes to put himself in bad positions and try to work from there. I don’t think he is ever going to try to learn how to check the kicks.

My friend asked me who I think will win in the first round when Rogan was acting like Jiri was finished from a couple of leg kicks

I told him Jiri is a wild man and it will come out of nowhere

He now is believer too

No fucking clue how he does it.

Especially at that weight class.

I don't think anyone has had the same kind of will as Jiri since like Frye or Enson.

His chin shouldn't hold up

Well one thing is consistent on slumdong,

The dumbass ass threads the pop up after fight cards.

Jiri was out from the elbows when he stopped from grabbing Alex's legs. It was over.

Back