Television AHSOKA Live-ActionSeries (Premieres Aug. 23, 2023)

That episode was amazing.
This should have been the sequels

On this front a bit of positive news is that this Andromeda Galaxy introduces a possibility for the protagonists who weren't in the ST to be off far away doing something else. Opposed to having failed which is the logical conclusion of where the ST leaves off. As many fans say "even if this is good it leads to the STs world which sucks". This story telling device allows them a path around that. Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

On this front a bit of positive news is that this Andromeda Galaxy introduces a possibility for the protagonists who weren't in the ST to be off far away doing something else. Opposed to having failed which is the logical conclusion of where the ST leaves off. As many fans say "even if this is good it leads to the STs world which sucks". This story telling device allows them a path around that. Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

And by Protagonists I mean Grand Admiral Thrawn :)

He doesnt have to die so Snoke can run the first order....

Thought they did a good job of showcasing why Ahsoka was so disenchanted with the force and the Jedi order. Removed a lot of the campy Clone Wars cartoon sentiments to show that she has a lot of PTSD and resentment for being used as a soldier, and that her time in the Order was not spent as a student of the force, but as a weapon to be pointed in a direction and used. The realization that if not for Anakin teaching her in this way she likely would not be alive. Killing Anakin inside of herself also kills her. But she seems to be accepting wholeheartedly once again that she is a Jedi, and that the mysticism surrounding the force and the Order is something she has to reach out to.

Last edited:
Don't know about badass pilot. I don't think they showed him dogfighting like Mando and Bo Katan. I would have guessed Carson is more like highway patrol.

As a pilot he's clearly not in the same league as Anakin, Luke, Mando, etc. but I mean the guy is still an X-wing fighter pilot and a war vet. IRL fighter pilots have to make it through extensive selection and training - they're like special forces. And they have to pull Gs and handle extreme conditions in the cockpit that they have to be in good shape to tolerate. I guess it's possible and fair point the dude is pulling highway patrol at this point in his career, but a fighter pilot looking that out of shape would be like an army guy in uniform with a Ranger tab and an SF scroll rocking a beer gut and gassing out running a 5K.

But that aside, the actor (Paul Sun-Hyung Lee) is doing a good job. Apparently the role was written specifically for him after Filoni's wife became a fan of some Canadian sitcom about a Korean grocery store owner that Lee was starring in.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Carson_Teva

Last edited:
Great episode, really enjoyed the last couple. I was worried early on in the season but trending really well.

Kinda filler episode for me. Never watched the animated stuff so whatever.

This Ep 5(?) was like a fan service for the cartoon fans with the flashbacks featuring kid Ahsoka and various versions of Anakin. Moved a bit too slowly.

I really liked it, but can't argue with this - definitely felt like Clone Wars fan service (which isn't a bad thing). I also think they could have done more with the Anakin sequence. Like WTF with Ahsoka not wanting to fight? She literally was just fighting some overpowered asshole who threw her into the ocean. Then with the cheesy, "Live. Or die." I thought Ahsoka was about to go full Karate Kid II on his ass.

gkh2oz2qx3a81.jpg

Great episode, it's the first I'm gonna rewatch. Wasn't perfect and felt fan-service-y, but very satisfying still. It carries a lot more weight if you've watched The Clone Wars. I feel Episode 4 is a better episode, maybe even 3, but this one carried much more gravitas to me.

Anakin teaches Ahsoka to let go, helps her through what has to be some pretty heavy duty PTSD not to mention guilt from the Clone War and letting him down. I think it's fuckin' awesome that they took the time to address it at all, her and many other Jedi were child soldiers after all and Ahsoka didn't just take out droids, she probably killed at least dozens of people too, probably hundreds. Her entire adolescence was bloodshed and to top it off the Order that sent her to do those things stabbed her in the back, her master went on a killing spree, and it turned out everything she was fighting for was a lie and completely pointless. That is an immense burden to carry, it's a wonder she didn't have a psychotic break long ago.

What I wonder is if the battles were lacking visually to keep the budget down or are supposed to be a literal visual representation of "the fog of war." Perhaps both. While the show isn't perfect it's definitely not lacking for heart. Her character changed after too, like her personality came back. While I think that kind of trauma should've been explored for a longer time period I'm glad it was addressed and I suppose dying could be enough to shake the fog off.

As far as how she stayed alive for so long underwater, who knows. I wish that was addressed better - even though she's a force user I think "mystery" did a little too much heavy lifting here but I'm okay with it I guess as Jacen said he heard her fighting so it does seem like she physically went to a different place and then was returned to the water.

Do I need to watch the previous episodes or should I just watch this episode with Anakin?

I had to look it up to be sure, but the actress that played young Ahsoka was the same one that played young Gamora in Infinity War. Nice touch. Filoni is the goat.

Also, Carson Teva looks too fat. FFS dude is supposed to be a fighter pilot badass.
I concur, but the first Star Wars movie is to blame for establishing this. Dude in the highest levels of Rebel fighters call sign was literally "Porkins" lmao

As an aside, Hayden was fantastic in this. Despite my heavy criticism of the prequels, namely their plot, he's a gangster and was perfectly cast as Anakin. Young Ahsoka is a G too.

So far Filoni put respect in Luke's name in Mando and did the same for Anakin here, atop of doing a great job at showing his slow turn in The Clone Wars. Filoni isn't perfect but he gets the big stuff right. Almost all of the good new cannon characters post prequels are him and his team's creation.

Edit: Outside of Andor.

I concur, but the first Star Wars movie is to blame for establishing this. Dude in the highest levels of Rebel fighters call sign was literally "Porkins" lmao

Lol forgot about that one but you're right. According to the Carson Teva wiki, they had the actor wear Biggs Darklighter's helmet during costume fitting but his character's codename was "Foodie Pilot."

As an aside, Hayden was fantastic in this. Despite my heavy criticism of the prequels, namely their plot, he's a gangster and was perfectly cast as Anakin. Young Ahsoka is a G too.

So far Filoni put respect in Luke's name in Mando and did the same for Anakin here, atop of doing a great job at showing his slow turn in The Clone Wars. Filoni isn't perfect but he gets the big stuff right. Almost all of the good new cannon characters post prequels are him and his team's creation.

Edit: Outside of Andor.

I didn't watch all the Clone Wars episodes but yeah, Hayden did a pretty great job bringing that to live action. But I hope they do another world between worlds sequence or at least him dropping knowledge as a force ghost, because they didn't accomplish much with him this episode other than fan service. I'm going to finish your training now. You have to fight. So you don't die. Gee thanks Master, now I know all your tricks.

Last edited:
Hayden Christensen is good actor shocker.
I didn't watch all the Clone Wars episodes but yeah, Hayden did a pretty great job playing the live action version. But I hope they do another world between worlds sequence or at least him dropping knowledge as a force ghost, because they didn't accomplish much with him this episode other than fan service. I'm going to finish your training now. You have to fight. So you don't die. Gee thanks Master, now I know all your tricks.

Seemed to me it was less about him imparting skill and more her confronting the legacy of being his student, maybe to move past being someone who isolates herself and deals with small problems because she fears what getting involved with wars will do to her.

They were a rebel armed force, sure they have ranks and shit, but I doubt they were turning trained pilots away because they didn't meet weight, PT and vaccination standards....

"Thank you for committing treason by deserting the Empire and forfeiting your life if you are caught, however due to Aliiance Weight and Body fat standards you are not fit for duty in this Rebellion. Should you lose the weight, please apply again in the future..." - Some Star Wars MEPS office...

They were a rebel armed force, sure they have ranks and shit, but I doubt they were turning trained pilots away because they didn't meet weight, PT and vaccination standards....

"Thank you for committing treason by deserting the Empire and forfeiting your life if you are caught, however due to Aliiance Weight and Body fat standards you are not fit for duty in this Rebellion. Should you lose the weight, please apply again in the future..." - Some Star Wars MEPS office...

You could argue as well I spose that SW has always given the impression G-force is not an issue, the Falcon doing all manner of crazy moves without people being thrown around so I guess the artfical grav tech cancels it out and without that you would not been to be super fit to be a fighter pilot.

Last edited:
I do think this highlights again that making stuff up about the Force to suit the plot is not inherently a bad thing, the problem with the sequels was it was in service of having Rey be a bland Mary Sue.

Back