AJ McKee goals

It's certainly possible but you have to remember right now WME is losing money, have massive debt to pay back and the UFC is it's cash cow. They'd surely like to avoid buying out another competitor if at all possible.

Right now Bellator is barely a blip on the radar but if they got aggressive and invested capital into the brand you might see the UFC start to get nervous if that capital yielded results.
I don't think they'll be buying anymore promotions. Not with all the lawsuits. WME is trying to save money not spend money.

Last time I can remember a non-UFC ranked that high was Fedor in 2010. I know Nemkov has gotten up to #3 on some boards.
Nemkov is #2 on Fight Matrix currently
Mousasi is #3 on Fight Matrix currently

And they have more in the top 5-10 (Bader, Davis, Corey, Amosov, Pitbull etc)

UFC won't buy Bellator with the lawsuit going on. They don't need to give them more ammunition. Plus they need these org to feed their own org, they can't sign everyone.

I do agree with some of you at some point it would be nice to see Viacom really make a push with Bellator by infusing more money into the product from both a talent and marketing standpoint. I thought with DAZN deal we may see that or a sale, but nope. They just seem so content doing the same thing over and over and it basically gets them nowhere and personally, the product has turned almost stale. I just have never seen or heard of any urgency within Bellator. They move to Paramount, sign a big DAZN deal, move to CBS sports to Showtime all with barely a blip of fanfare about it(a little with DAZN deal, but that probably was more on DAZN part than Bellators/Viacom). In the MMA landscape they are like a step above of if tree falls in the woods does it make a sound with no one around to hear it. It's getting to the point of if they don't care, why should we care as fans??? That just might be the reason for viewership falling over and over regardless of what the general TV view habits have changed over the years. Other sports still pull very good numbers and some better than ever.

I think Bellator maybe better served if they sold to somebody that wants to go out there and kick ass every day. Currently Bellator can't cash in on the most lucrative media deal in the world which is the US market. UFC USA media deals are worth more than the rest of the world combined. Not being able to cash in is probably the reason Bellator is going to be Bellator that we've all known for all to long.

UFC won't buy Bellator with the lawsuit going on. They don't need to give them more ammunition. Plus they need these org to feed their own org, they can't sign everyone.

I do agree with some of you at some point it would be nice to see Viacom really make a push with Bellator by infusing more money into the product from both a talent and marketing standpoint. I thought with DAZN deal we may see that or a sale, but nope. They just seem so content doing the same thing over and over and it basically gets them nowhere and personally, the product has turned almost stale. I just have never seen or heard of any urgency within Bellator. They move to Paramount, sign a big DAZN deal, move to CBS sports to Showtime all with barely a blip of fanfare about it(a little with DAZN deal, but that probably was more on DAZN part than Bellators/Viacom). In the MMA landscape they are like a step above of if tree falls in the woods does it make a sound with no one around to hear it. It's getting to the point of if they don't care, why should we care as fans??? That just might be the reason for viewership falling over and over regardless of what the general TV view habits have changed over the years. Other sports still pull very good numbers and some better than ever.

I think Bellator maybe better served if they sold to somebody that wants to go out there and kick ass every day. Currently Bellator can't cash in on the most lucrative media deal in the world which is the US market. UFC USA media deals are worth more than the rest of the world combined. Not being able to cash in is probably the reason Bellator is going to be Bellator that we've all known for all to long.
My guess/understanding is that this is a section 1 case not a section 2 case, but I'm not as involved in finding the details of the case as many people are.

Negotiating tactic? Moving to LW? Or Actually thinking of going to UFC?

Negotiating tactic? Moving to LW? Or Actually thinking of going to UFC?

Until proven otherwise I always treat these things as a negotiation tactic. Someone is talking to someone and proposing something and someone else is pushing for someone else, and it would be nice to be a fly on the wall to hear those discussions. Just because it's a negotiation tactic doesn't mean that the discussions can't sour and McKee couldn't even decide to leave eventually, but right now at this stage it's almost certainly a negotiation tactic.

Of course he never felt out of the fight, it ended so quickly that he never would have had a chance to feel in or out of it.

Fighting canelo??? Yeah I'm sure that a pretty unkown smaller mma fighter vs the best boxer in the world would be a huge event.......

What a weird thing for him to say

“For him to even get that opportunity to fight the UFC champion just obviously wouldn’t be fair,” Volkanovski told MMA Junkie. “Look at the row of killers that I had to verse to get to the top, to get to the champ. The same as the guys that are in the top 10, absolute killers in the UFC, and they got to fight each other to try and get to the top. No offense, but the competition, you got to be honest, it is a little bit different.

Last edited:

“For him to even get that opportunity to fight the UFC champion just obviously wouldn’t be fair,” Volkanovski told MMA Junkie. “Look at the row of killers that I had to verse to get to the top, to get to the champ. The same as the guys that are in the top 10, absolute killers in the UFC, and they got to fight each other to try and get to the top. No offense, but the competition, you got to be honest, it is a little bit different.

He responded so McKee won

He responded so McKee won
While I agree that there is obviously more competition and a tougher road to the belt in the UFC, Volk didnt go through a shark tank of contenders, by any means. Kennedy, Elkins, Mendes, and Aldo is not THAT impressive of a run. Aldo is and will always be an impressive W. But Volk seems to think that point fighting to a decision is equally valuable than finishing your opponents.

While I agree that there is obviously more competition and a tougher road to the belt in the UFC, Volk didnt go through a shark tank of contenders, by any means. Kennedy, Elkins, Mendes, and Aldo is not THAT impressive of a run. Aldo is and will always be an impressive W. But Volk seems to think that point fighting to a decision is equally valuable than finishing your opponents.
Aldo is his only impressive win in that streak. Mendes was coming from retirement and had only beaten Myles Jury and we all know Myles Jury from his Bellator run

also ya I find Volk boring but he is skilled, the same opinion I have on Gane. I predict this main event will be a bore fest unless Lewis catches Gane with a punch

Last edited:
I think if Bellator brought Pico up like they did with McKee, I think Pico would have been a better fighter.

I don't know if anyone can recover from those vicious finishes that Pico suffered early in his career.
Don't forget that Pico and his camp were the ones who wanted to be thrown to the wolves. Maybe if Bellator offered him the MVP route they would have a problem with it.
Said that I still think Pico is a top fighter in the making. Let alone his debut and a couple of brainfarts and he has been nothing but dominant so far.
And I'm usually the opposite when it comes to younger fighters when everybody talks about potential. Usually great fighter are great from the start. Pico has shown amazing skills except not moving his head.

BTW.. I'm loving all this McKee buzz but him talking about boxing GGG and Canelo is retarded.

I actually don't think his run is that much harder then McKee's. Harder? Yes, but not by some massive margin. Pitbull, Caldwell, Campos, Georgi & Curran isn't much worse then Max, Mendes, Elkins, Kennedy, Young.

I actually don't think his run is that much harder then McKee's. Harder? Yes, but not by some massive margin. Pitbull, Caldwell, Campos, Georgi & Curran isn't much worse then Max, Mendes, Elkins, Kennedy, Young.
UFC's FW division has a harder road to the top right now, than the road Volk took.

He also says that AJ doesnt deserve to fight him because he is from a different promotion (the whole "different levels" story). I find this interesting because he seemed more than willing to fight Pitbull, but he has changed his tune with AJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back