Albert Tumenov released????

Yeah. He is fighting for ACB now. Hopefully he will make more money, the UFC have a funny way of deciding who gets paid more. Good looks = more money, better talent and not so good looks, don't get it done.

He wasn't released, stop that. His contract with the UFC was up and someone else (ACB) offered more money. Simple as that.

To be fair, I like Albert too, prob more than some of the other cuts, but, like Horiguchi was like 7-1 in the UFC, Larkin was on a winning streak and had just destroyed Magny (who i think is like ranked top 5 or something at WW), were much worse imo than this.

Albert is still an exciting prospect in my mind, hopefully works on his TDD and grappling a bit because his striking is really good.

Ufc should have paid him more, 23 years old and this level of striking with small gloves... i mean guys cmon. Tumenov could destroy mcgregor, diaz, RDA and most others.

A lot can change in a year and a half.

To be fair, I like Albert too, prob more than some of the other cuts, but, like Horiguchi was like 7-1 in the UFC, Larkin was on a winning streak and had just destroyed Magny (who i think is like ranked top 5 or something at WW), were much worse imo than this.

Albert is still an exciting prospect in my mind, hopefully works on his TDD and grappling a bit because his striking is really good.
is larkin fighting somewhere else ?

Prettty obvious the new ownership doesn't view foreign fighters as a valuable commodity. Simple as that.

Wait, I thought this was Robbie Lawler...

Does Sherdog just not understand how free agency works or just looking for any excuse to shit on the UFC?

Remember when the UFC "let Cirkunov go" or "cut Cirkunov"...Now the guy is fighting at UFC FN: Stockholm in May
<{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}>

Ufc should have paid him more, 23 years old and this level of striking with small gloves... i mean guys cmon. Tumenov could destroy mcgregor, diaz, RDA and most others.

Tumenov could destroy McGregor, Diaz, RDA and most others in one night, with one hand tied to one foot.

He wasn't released, stop that. His contract with the UFC was up and someone else (ACB) offered more money. Simple as that.

But previously peep's contract expired and the UFC were able to keep them if for the most part.....But it is WME-IMG's fault coz they suck

Does Sherdog just not understand how free agency works or just looking for any excuse to shit on the UFC?

Remember when the UFC "let Cirkunov go" or "cut Cirkunov"...Now the guy is fighting at UFC FN: Stockholm in May
<{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}>

And you don't understand that the NEW UFC is paying less than the old UFC so yes more peeps will leave...

Wasn't his contract over? That means not released, he just got paid more. It'd be nice if they kept him but someone probably thought he was worth more than he did, it is what it is. Frankly it may be good for him, he has amazing striking but clearly needs to work that ground game. He's been subbed in back to back fights and I honestly didn't think Leon Edwards had a really good ground game or anything. Guy can bang with anyone and that's probably not going to change for a while. He's 25. If he fixes that ground game and comes back he can be a real contender and he's not one now.

They offered him a bag of peanuts which he didn't except and moved on.....still no official word on Larkin tho....

It's ok, they are going to spend the money they saved on opening up another WMMA division.

How do so many people not know what released means? Half of you should be sterilized so you are unable to spread your idiocy

Tumenov is a nasty striker and has champ potential IMO. Wonderboy got taken down and beaten up by Matt Brown and Tumenov is a lot younger than he was. So I hope he comes back at some point with a refined TDD and grappling game.

Back