Media Aldo was supposed to fight Cruz at 301

Cowboy Kurt Angle

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Jose Aldo confirms that Dominick Cruz was initially supposed to be his opponent at UFC 301. Aldo had heard that Cruz had an issue during his camp that forced him to withdraw, which led to the booking against Jonathan Martinez.

Cruz and getting injured the story of his career
https://x.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1783239576561025493?s=46

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron Bronsteter has the time to ask Aldo this, but not ask how Aldo's fighting at UFC 301 at all considering Aldo's supposed to be spending 6 months in the testing pool as a returning retired athlete.

The media sure does seem to be turning a blind eye to that obvious question of whether or not Aldo got an exemption.

(He did)

That would've been a better fight for the fans.

<mma3>

Winner of this fight vs Cejudo would be great regardless who wins. :)
Usually i'd be into it, but i HIGHLY doubt Cejudo would even entertain any fight that isn't a big name.
Think he knows he lost his title chance and just wants money fights IMO from his interviews

Damn, they actually were gonna give us another one we wanted badly

Here’s to hoping Aldo shuts down Martinez’s leg-kicks early as that has been his go-to attack lately

Wait.. he wants to box and also make a run at BW?

Also I would love to see him cripple Cruz with legkicks.

I think this years he is focused on boxing. He can't adapt himself in short period, Martinez will use that and outpoint him from kicking distance.

aldo shouldn't step into the octagon again, he did enough. the division is too loaded with assasins.

Back