Media Aldo was supposed to fight Cruz at 301

Did Aldo leave the testing pool? I know he was boxing.
Yes, he officially retired. You can check his testing history and he stopped being tested afterwards, as well as he left the rankings. Both of those require your notice to the UFC and USADA that you've retired and are no longer an active athlete with them, which Aldo obviously gave.
Is this a universal rule or a USADA rule? I don't know how much of that stuff is supposed to carry over after the transition. If that was a USADA requirement it sounds like that's out the window which was kinda the underlying sticking point with Conor and USADA's exit
The new drug testing program also requires returning retired athletes to spend 6 months in the pool.

5.7.3. An Athlete who gives notice of retirement to UFC, or has otherwise ceased to have a contractual relationship with UFC due to Athlete-Initiated Inactivity, may not resume competing in UFC Bouts until he/shehas given UFC written notice of his/her intent to resume competing and has made him/herself availablefor Testing for a period of 180 days before returning to competition. UFC may grant an exemption to the 180 days written notice rule in exceptional circumstances or where the strict application of that rulewould be manifestly unfair to an Athlete.

The media are all pretending they don't know what's going on here that Aldo is able to fight at UFC 301 simply because it's Aldo. None of them want to bring it up and "tar" Aldo's name by getting it officially known that he's been given an exemption to the 6 month rule.

But this is the bed they made when they made such a stinker in other cases or potential cases to the rule. You don't get to just suddenly think it's okay for Aldo when you previously bitched about Brock or Conor's potential skipping Which was always dumb, they were still being tested the moment they entered the pool, 6 months or not. You can check that website and see Aldo's been tested 5x since his return. Good enough for me, but I'm not one of the people who've bitched in the past about exemptions.

But yeah. Aldo's obviously been given one and nobody wants to get that officially on the record so they're all just pretending not to know it.

Aldo has already beaten top guys in that division he also fought merab and could not be taken down against him on 16 attempts.

Still plenty of work he can get done at BW imo

<PlusJuan>

and he would have ran through Cruz

<PlusJuan>

and he would have ran through Cruz
It'd be easy to pick aldo against cruz.. Huge fan of dominator though, would love to see a competitive technical fight.

Im not sure aldo could beat Merab or yan. but I definately think he could give song yadong, sandhagen, and Umar the bussiness.

If he wins this fight, he should call out Umar, then fight for the title.

It'd be easy to pick aldo against cruz.. Huge fan of dominator though, would love to see a competitive technical fight.

Im not sure aldo could beat Merab or yan. but I definately think he could give song yadong, sandhagen, and Umar the bussiness.

If he wins this fight, he should call out Umar, then fight for the title.
The Yan fight was competitive until he got caught at the end of the third or fourth. Didn't recover in between rounds and got finished.

And incase anyone wonders why Aldo is coming back for one match only, it’s because he had 1 fight remaining on his contract, they had no problem with him boxing but as soon as he said he was gonna box on the Tyson Paul card they blocked the boxing match

Hopefully they rebook it!

I want to see it please!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epsteins Guard
Back