Media Alex Goatan being a man of integrity as usual

As a person he seems great, as a fighter he is just taking on strikers and is far from the guy who fights anyone, any time and all dat jazz.
I mean, It's just them circumstances. Looking at the LHW rankings, there's ONLY strikers in the top 10 aside from Ankalaev who Pereira just called out. Jiri was the former champ who vacated, Hill was the last champ who vacated. Of course it made sense for Pereira to fight them they are literally the top guys right now.

Ankalaev is ceirtanly next if he's not injured. Who should Pereira fight that isn't a striker? Paul Craig? Jailton Almeida?

I mean, It's just them circumstances. Looking at the LHW rankings, there's ONLY strikers in the top 10 aside from Ankalaev who Pereira just called out. Jiri was the former champ who vacated, Hill was the last champ who vacated. Of course it made sense for Pereira to fight them they are literally the top guys right now.

Ankalaev is ceirtanly next if he's not injured. Who should Pereira fight that isn't a striker? Paul Craig? Jailton Almeida?

He also called out Khamzat, but never followed through. He also called out Izzy to come up to LHW. He teased a fight with Aspinall, just to backpedal afterwards. Calling out Ank is meaningless untill he actually signs the contract.

He could have fought plenty of guys at MW who would pose more of a grappling threat than any of the guys he has faced.

As for who he could face, Almeida, Blaydes, Aspinall, Jon Jones. Dude wanted to try HW, right? Or was that just all talk? And I am sure Khamzat would still take that fight at LHW too.

Hill never deserved to get a TS and didn't beat the sitting champ, I don't consider him having been a legit champ.

Last edited:
He also called out Khamzat, but never followed through. He also called out Izzy to come up to LHW. He teased a fight with Aspinall, just to backpedal afterwards. Calling out Ank is meaningless untill he actually signs the contract.

He could have fought plenty of guys at MW who would pose more of a grappling threat than any of the guys he has faced.

As for who he could face, Almeida, Blaydes, Aspinall, Jon Jones. Dude wanted to try HW, right? Or was that just all talk? And I am sure Khamzat would still take that fight at LHW too.

Hill never deserved to get a TS and didn't beat the sitting champ, I don't consider him having been a legit champ.

When you have to name a bunch of guys from a different division in order to make your point, your point sucks.

When you have to name a bunch of guys from a different division in order to make your point, your point sucks.

When you blatantly ignore that the fighter of discussion himself has said he wants to fight in that division and has actually called out guys from different divisions, you clearly are blinded by your love for the guy.

When you blatantly ignore that the fighter of discussion himself has said he wants to fight in that division and has actually called out guys from different divisions, you clearly are blinded by your love for the guy.

He said he's interested in fighting at HW at some point. That point is not now.

He said he's interested in fighting at HW at some point. That point is not now.

Obviously not. Wait till Gane by some luck of the draw becomes champ or interim champ, then he'll go up I bet.

Also you ignoring the part about MW. He could have fought Brunson, Hermanson, Vettori, Whitakker, even Costa. They would all pose more of a grappling challenge than any of the guys he actually fought at MW. He just got to skip all those guys, conveniently

Obviously not. Wait till Gane by some luck of the draw becomes champ or interim champ, then he'll go up I bet.

Also you ignoring the part about MW. He could have fought Brunson, Hermanson, Vettori, Whitakker, even Costa. They would all pose more of a grappling challenge than any of the guys he actually fought at MW. He just got to skip all those guys, conveniently

He's a LHW. Are you capable of naming someone in his own division? That's how desperate your argument is. It's hilarious.

He's a LHW. Are you capable of naming someone in his own division? That's how desperate your argument is. It's hilarious.

Bud, I am talking about his whole career. It's a trend that stretches over his whole UFC career. You just wanting to focus on the right now doesn't negate all that came before. You just have no real rebuttal, so you want to ignore it, again.

Obviously Ankalaev has been the most deserving guy to fight for the LHW belt for longer than Alex has been in the division. But already after winning the belt he called out Izzy immediately... No, it's not his fault he only fights strikers. Lol!

IIRC Khamzat was in the fact the one who put Pereiras name in his mouth first. Then Pereira said sure up to 205. All quiet after that.

Izzy confirmed HE turned down to fight Pereira at 205. He wants Dricus at 185. Not even sure why Izzy is being mentioned here since your original criticism is Pereira ducking grapplers, but ok.

Yeah he said he wants Aspinall at HW and guess what, it might still happen. Completely pointless fight but it might still happen. Pereira doesn't make the calls, the UFC does lol. Dana said he doesn't like the fight. ALOT of fighters call fighters out. The majority of time the specific callout doesn't happen. That's not the fighters fault. The organisation makes the final decision.

I was being sarcastic when i mentioned dudes from other weight classes. He specifically said Aspinall. No way the UFC would let him fight non title fights in other divisions when he's the belt holder. What other champion would even do that? How often does it even happen?

It kinda just sounds like you don't like Pereira. Which is ok.

IIRC Khamzat was in the fact the one who put Pereiras name in his mouth first. Then Pereira said sure up to 205. All quiet after that.

You recall incorrectly. Khamzat accepted and then it was quiet on Alex' side.

Izzy confirmed HE turned down to fight Pereira at 205. He wants Dricus at 185. Not even sure why Izzy is being mentioned here since your original criticism is Pereira ducking grapplers, but ok.

Yeah, you completely are missing the point. Him calling out a striker in Izzy who he already fought 4 times of which 2 were in the UFC and not all that long ago, is him trying to fight a striker yet again.. Good thing Izzy didn't accept, because it would have been ridiculous.

Yeah he said he wants Aspinall at HW and guess what, it might still happen.

Might, but when people have pressed him on it he backpedalled and declined.

Completely pointless fight but it might still happen.

Oh yes, completely pointless to fight someone who is the interim champ (who is ducked by the supposed undisputed champ) a weight class above and who is likely to test you were you still really need to be tested. Nobody would ever give someone credit for beating a bigger guy or beating a tough stylistic match up. Are you even a fan of MMA?

Pereira doesn't make the calls, the UFC does lol.

They both do. If you think that Pereira has no leverage despite him being one of the most popular guys in the company right now, then you should think again, bud.

Dana said he doesn't like the fight. ALOT of fighters call fighters out. The majority of time the specific callout doesn't happen. That's not the fighters fault. The organisation makes the final decision.

And Dana has been convinced by fighters who wanted to fight someone of which Dana didn't like it initially, quite a few times.

And there are plenty of upsides to either a Khamzat vs Pereira fight or an Aspinall vs Pereira fight. IMO, it wouldn't be that hard to convince Dana if you really wanted to convince him, meaning if you really want the fight.

I was being sarcastic when i mentioned dudes from other weight classes. He specifically said Aspinall. No way the UFC would let him fight non title fights in other divisions when he's the belt holder. What other champion would even do that? How often does it even happen?

They did it with Anderson Silva a few times.

It kinda just sounds like you don't like Pereira. Which is ok.

No, it sounds like you haven't really thought this through.

I like Pereira plenty, but my first love is fighting and MMA and it never gets trumped by any particular fighter. And ducking the actual mixed part of mixed martial arts isn't negated by me liking the fighter who does it. I'm just gonna call it like I see it, even if it rustles the feathers of the guys who turn a blind eye to that kind of shit if it's someone who they like.

That doesn't mean I think he will never fight a tough stylistic match up (hopefully he will), but he has been prolonging it for the longest time.

In the 3.5 years he has been in the UFC he could have and should have asked and pressed the UFC to give him a credible grappling threat. Because what's the point of going into MMA of you are only going to fight strikers?

Bud, I am talking about his whole career. It's a trend that stretches over his whole UFC career. You just wanting to focus on the right now doesn't negate all that came before. You just have no real rebuttal, so you want to ignore it, again.

Obviously Ankalaev has been the most deserving guy to fight for the LHW belt for longer than Alex has been in the division. But already after winning the belt he called out Izzy immediately... No, it's not his fault he only fights strikers. Lol!

He called out the guy he just lost to making it 1 and 1 in MMA, as Izzy fans like to remind us.

So yes, when guys are 1 and 1 they generally have a rubber match. It makes all the sense in the world, just too bad Izzy ran for the hills.

Ank looks to be next. I'm sure you'll have a problem with him if Alex wins that one, too.

Your agenda is clear as day. Just be honest about it.

He called out the guy he just lost to making it 1 and 1 in MMA, as Izzy fans like to remind us.

So yes, when guys are 1 and 1 they generally have a rubber match. It makes all the sense in the world, just too bad Izzy ran for the hills.

Ank looks to be next. I'm sure you'll have a problem with him if Alex wins that one, too.

Your agenda is clear as day. Just be honest about it.

Bruh, you are projecting a whole lot. That's usually the case with people who are overly concerned about what the fanbases of fighters say.

If he beats Ankalaev in a fair way I'll give him all the props. I'll give him all the props if he loses too. I just want him to fight a tough stylistic match up and solidify actually being a MMA fighter, and not a glorified kickboxer in a MMA setting.

Bruh, you are projecting a whole lot. That's usually the case by people who are overly concerned about what the fanbases of fighters say.

If he beats Ankalaev in a fair way I'll give him all the props. I'll give him all the props if he loses too. I just want him to fight a tough stylistic match up and solidify actually being an MMA fighter, and not a glorified kickboxer in an MMA setting.

A fair way? What? See, you're already laying the foundation for some bullshit excuses. An agenda, as I said.

I'm not wasting any more time on this ridiculous shit.

This man is a Khamzat fan talking about a different fighter not following through on callouts.
<EdgyBrah>

A fair way? What? See, you're already laying the foundation for some bullshit excuses. An agenda, as I said.

I'm not wasting any more time on this ridiculous shit.

Lol, see. You getting outraged by the idea of a fair fight. LMAO!! You people are not real MMA fans. Fair meaning there are no eggregious eye pokes, or nutshots, etc. That's just a standard I have for all fighters/fights. Again, I don't make special rules for fighters I like and other rules for fighters I don't. I'll leave that to the blind nuthuggers.

Last edited:
This man is a Khamzat fan talking about a different fighter not following through on callouts.
<EdgyBrah>

You really want to compare Khamzat who has been taking fights with stylistically tough match ups a bunch, to Alex? Khamzat doesn't have to prove himself in this regard, Alex does. Also Khamzat is in a much different situation with the UFC wanting to use him to appease the middle east's demands and also his ties to Khadirov in this time of war.

Last edited:
You recall incorrectly. Khamzat accepted and then it was quiet on Alex' side.

Yeah, you completely are missing the point. Him calling out a striker in Izzy who he already fought 4 times of which 2 were in the UFC and not all that long ago, is him trying to fight a striker yet again.. Good thing Izzy didn't accept, because it would have been ridiculous.

Might, but when people have pressed him on it he backpedalled and declined.

Oh yes, completely pointless to fight someone who is the interim champ (who is ducked by the supposed undisputed champ) a weight class above and who is likely to test you were you still really need to be tested. Nobody would ever give someone credit for beating a bigger guy or beating a tough stylistic match up. Are you even a fan of MMA?

They both do. If you think that Pereira has no leverage despite him being one of the most popular guys in the company right now, then you should think again, bud.

And Dana has been convinced by fighters who wanted to fight someone of which Dana didn't like it initially, quite a few times.

And there are plenty of upsides to either a Khamzat vs Pereira fight or an Aspinall vs Pereira fight. IMO, it wouldn't be that hard to convince Dana if you really wanted to convince him, meaning if you really want the fight.

They did it with Anderson Silva a few times.

No, it sounds like you haven't really thought this through.

I like Pereira plenty, but my first love is fighting and MMA and it never gets trumped by any particular fighter. And ducking the actual mixed part of mixed martial arts isn't negated by me liking the fighter who does it. I'm just gonna call it like I see it, even if it rustles the feathers of the guys who turn a blind eye to that kind of shit if it's someone who they like.

That doesn't mean I think he will never fight a tough stylistic match up (hopefully he will), but he has been prolonging it for the longest time.

In the 3.5 years he has been in the UFC he could have and should have asked and pressed the UFC to give him a credible grappling threat. Because what's the point of going into MMA of you are only going to fight strikers?
Pointless because Aspinall is the interim champion and has plenty of intruiging matchups in his division. Yes i like MMA. Do you? You mentioning Anderson Silva proves my point. That was over a decade ago. When Anderson had no one to fight in his own division. I don't know what delusions you have about Khamzat but he was the one yapping about Pereira first. Then you blame Pereira for it?

I don't know man. The amount of discrediting is a bit much. The amount of nit picking on this guy.

You're totally acting like he holds all the cards. "But but but he's been prolonging it for so long!" What do you mean he? Yeah he was fast tracked for the sake of the storyline with Izzy. The UFC noticed it would be huge. Blame them too if you have such a big problem with it. You're acting like Pereira is the promoter, manager and the matchmaker. Stop. He's just taken every opportunity UFC gave him. And won.

Some get fast tracked, some don't. It is what it is. He's the LHW champ now and your wish will come true in his next fight.

Back