Social Alex Jones' Infowars has filed for bankruptcy

People have been bamboozled into taking far worse. Like Eben Byers:

In 1927, Byers injured his arm falling from a railway sleeping berth. For the persistent pain, a doctor suggested he take Radithor, a patent medicine manufactured by William J. A. Bailey.[4] Bailey was a Harvard University dropout who falsely claimed to be a doctor of medicine and had become rich from the sale of Radithor, a solution of radium in water which he claimed stimulated the endocrine system. He offered physicians a 1/6 kickback on each dose prescribed.[5]

Byers began taking several doses of Radithor per day, believing it gave him a "toned-up feeling", but stopped in October 1930 (after taking some 1400 doses) when that effect faded. He lost weight and had headaches, and his teeth began to fall out. In 1931, the Federal Trade Commission asked him to testify about his experience, but he was too sick to travel so the commission sent a lawyer to take his statement at his home; the lawyer reported that Byers's "whole upper jaw, excepting two front teeth and most of his lower jaw had been removed" and that "All the remaining bone tissue of his body was disintegrating, and holes were actually forming in his skull."[6]

His death on March 31, 1932, was attributed to "radiation poisoning" using the terminology of the time, but it was due to cancers, not acute radiation syndrome.[4][7] He is buried in Allegheny Cemetery in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in a lead-lined coffin.[5]

<Moyes5>

Absolutely horrid way to die! He was better off getting hooked on Laudanum!

Alex Jones will still likely have to pay victims' families in his Sandy Hook defamation cases despite Infowars filing for bankruptcy, lawyer says

AAVEpHq.img

"Alex Jones, the far-right conspiracy theorist and owner of InfoWars, will likely still have to pay victims' families in his Sandy Hook defamation cases despite his companies filing for bankruptcy, a bankruptcy lawyer told Insider. "

Alex Jones will still likely have to pay victims' families in his Sandy Hook defamation cases despite Infowars filing for bankruptcy, lawyer says (msn.com)

Jones is more right than mainstream media about many things the last several years.
He married a chick that used to offer nude hotel massages, nothing right about that. At best he married a chick that jerked off business men for money and at worst she also fucked them.

Good. Fuck him, except this is fucking the families he already caused harm to with his bullshit. He looks like a big toe.

He married a chick that used to offer nude hotel massages, nothing right about that. At best he married a chick that jerked off business men for money and at worst she also fucked them.
Jones is more right than mainstream media about many things the last several years.
The MSM is never wrong.

cdwth4ygvau81.jpg

What this whole Sandy Hook episode is supposed to do is set the precedent that you can't question official narratives. Truthers and conspiracy theorists will eventually be sued and/arrested in the future. So basically if you're government is lying about something you have to stay quiet or risk getting sued.

And this is all based on the notion that it might hurt a potential victims feelings. We are giving up so many of our rights based on feelings. It's crazy.

So sgain, Alex Jones is an asset being used as a fall guy to set new precedents. Who was the first guy to be 'deplatformed' on all major internet outlets? Exactly. That's his role.

"Far-right website Infowars and two other companies owned by radio host Alex Jones have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in light of several defamation lawsuits. The filings were made in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.

Chapter 11 bankruptcy procedures put a hold on pending civil litigation while letting a business keep running as it prepares a turnaround plan.

Court documents seen by CBS News show that the companies that filed were Infowars, IWHealth aka Infowars Health, and Prison Planet TV.

Infowars says in the filing that it has assets of $0 to $50,000 and liabilities of $1,000,001 to $10 million."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alex-j...-filing-defamation-suits-sandy-hook-massacre/

Quite the turnaround from some stats that came out in court a few years ago, unless of course Alex isn't quite being honest...

"Despite his pleas for money, Infowars’ store ― where Jones sells an amalgamation of dietary supplements and survival gear ― made $165 million in sales from September 2015 to the end of 2018, according to court filings related to a lawsuit Jones recently lost over his lies about the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/infowars-store-alex-jones_n_61d71d8fe4b0bcd2195c6562?v7
I almost never visit any of his sites, but I did like Alex Jones in Waking Life.

Jones is being persecuted. The judgements against him are default judgements by corrupt judges who are making politically motivated decisions.
It was a default judgement because he blew them off and refused to show up.

What this whole Sandy Hook episode is supposed to do is set the precedent that you can't question official narratives. Truthers and conspiracy theorists will eventually be sued and/arrested in the future. So basically if you're government is lying about something you have to stay quiet or risk getting sued.

And this is all based on the notion that it might hurt a potential victims feelings. We are giving up so many of our rights based on feelings. It's crazy.

So sgain, Alex Jones is an asset being used as a fall guy to set new precedents. Who was the first guy to be 'deplatformed' on all major internet outlets? Exactly. That's his role.
<36>

Go soak your head.

---------

Lenny Pozner, 51, is preparing to pack his bags, again. A few weeks ago, “hoaxers” – as he calls conspiracy theorists – reproduced a map of his Florida neighborhood with a dropped pin marking the precise location of his apartment. It will be the eighth time in five years he will have been forced to move home as he strives to keep one step ahead of the fanatics who relentlessly hound him.

Pozner’s crime, in the eyes of conspiracy theorists, is being the father of one of the 20 children who were gunned down in the mass shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, in December 2012. Noah was the youngest of all victims. He had just turned six.

Within months, conspiracy theorists, egged on by Alex Jones and Infowars, went to work. They generated thousands of web posts and a 426-page book called “Nobody Died at Sandy Hook”.

Their thesis: the shooting at the elementary school never happened. The 20 kids who died were “crisis actors”. The tragedy was a con. Noah had never even existed, he was a construct of Photoshop.

Within a year, it had reached such a pitch that Pozner knew he had to do something. “I agonized about the situation for several weeks. But ultimately I felt I owed it to my son to protect his memory.” He posted on his Google+ page his son’s birth and death certificates and kindergarten report card.

“I was extremely naive. I believed that people were simply misinformed and that if I released proof that my child had existed, thrived, loved and was loved, and was ultimately murdered, they would understand our grief, stop harassing us, and more importantly, stop defacing photos of Noah and defaming him online.”

Instead, he watched his deceased son buried a second time, under hundreds of pages of hateful web content. “I don’t think there’s any one word that fits the horror of it,” Pozner says. “It’s a phenomenon of the age which we’re in, modern day witch-hunts. It’s a form of mass delusion.”

Lenny Pozner has been fighting to prove his son’s existence and has moved house multiple times to escape death threats.

Pozner is extraordinarily controlled. His voice is flat and preternaturally calm, as though all emotion has been pummeled out of him. His apartment has the same pared-down, antiseptic quality. “I’ve gotten good at moving, I’ve adapted to it,” he says.

He left Newtown for Florida in 2013 with Noah’s mother, his now former wife Veronique De La Rosa, and their two daughters in the hope of rebuilding their lives. (He asked the Guardian not to identify the town he now lives in.) He has deliveries sent to a separate address and has rented multiple postal boxes as decoys.

The most serious of death threats came from Lucy Richards, a Florida resident who was so fervent in her belief that the Sandy Hook massacre was fake that she left messages on Pozner’s cellphone saying: “You’re going to die. Death is coming to you real soon, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” In June 2017, Richards was sentenced to five months in prison, followed by a further five months under house arrest.

Pozner sees this outpouring of hatred as a product of digital technology running ahead of society’s ability to contain it. “Social media hasn’t matured. We lack a segment of law enforcement specializing in it. There really is no one to help.”

But he reserves his staunchest criticism for Alex Jones, who he blames for amplifying conspiracies in the pursuit of profit. In a lawsuit suing Jones for defamation for more than $1m, lawyers for Pozner and De La Rosa chronicle how Infowars baited them over many years: the shooting was “staged”, a “giant hoax”. The school was an elaborate film set. It was all a “soap opera”.

But in targeting Pozner, Jones picked on the wrong guy. Since 2014 Pozner has made it his life’s work to confront the conspiracy theorists. Through his organization the Honr Network, Pozner has systematically challenged those who he believes cross that line, forcing moderators to delete posts. In 2018 alone, he reported 2,568 videos to YouTube and had 1,555 of those expunged.

Pozner’s lawsuit against Jones, which mirrors a similar legal case brought by Fontaine, is making its way through a federal court in Austin, Texas. Earlier this month they received a legal boost when the judge granted them access to Jones’s financial and marketing documents under discovery.

Jones denies defaming anyone, though he has so far failed in having the suits dismissed on free speech grounds.

Regarding the free speech argument, Pozner says: “You have the right to express yourself and your opinions, no matter how offensive they may be, until your chosen form of expression impedes my rights to be free from defamation and harassment.”

What shocks Pozner most, he says, was how alone he was when he began this fight. “I was the only one standing up to the hoaxers, and other than the loss of my son that was my biggest disappointment at the time.”

At least he has brought his son’s memory back to life. If you search Noah Pozner on Google you will find hundreds of articles about the boy’s life and death, and virtually none of the bile from those who questioned his existence.

By Pozner’s reckoning, one in five people around the world are suggestible to conspiracy theories, and their obsessions are amplified by the crude logic of digital algorithms. “There is just no more truth, there is just what’s trending on Twitter,” he says. “Used to be, you had to burn books to keep people from finding out the truth, now you just have to push it to page 20 of a Google search.”

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/23/conspiracy-theories-internet-survivors-truth

Except that the lie he's been peddling is easily debunked and, at best, egregious. He's not a journalist by any means. He doesn't follow a code of ethics and isn't bound by any professional standards. He's a guy who creates conspiracies out of thin air at the expense of people to drum up an audience to whom he pushes snake oil products. He's a troll and a grifter with a camera and a crew. He does not deserve the same protections as official independant media agencies and their members.

Back