Social Alex Jones' Infowars has filed for bankruptcy

Go soak your head.

---------

Lenny Pozner, 51, is preparing to pack his bags, again. A few weeks ago, “hoaxers” – as he calls conspiracy theorists – reproduced a map of his Florida neighborhood with a dropped pin marking the precise location of his apartment. It will be the eighth time in five years he will have been forced to move home as he strives to keep one step ahead of the fanatics who relentlessly hound him.

Pozner’s crime, in the eyes of conspiracy theorists, is being the father of one of the 20 children who were gunned down in the mass shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, in December 2012. Noah was the youngest of all victims. He had just turned six.

Within months, conspiracy theorists, egged on by Alex Jones and Infowars, went to work. They generated thousands of web posts and a 426-page book called “Nobody Died at Sandy Hook”.

Their thesis: the shooting at the elementary school never happened. The 20 kids who died were “crisis actors”. The tragedy was a con. Noah had never even existed, he was a construct of Photoshop.

Within a year, it had reached such a pitch that Pozner knew he had to do something. “I agonized about the situation for several weeks. But ultimately I felt I owed it to my son to protect his memory.” He posted on his Google+ page his son’s birth and death certificates and kindergarten report card.

“I was extremely naive. I believed that people were simply misinformed and that if I released proof that my child had existed, thrived, loved and was loved, and was ultimately murdered, they would understand our grief, stop harassing us, and more importantly, stop defacing photos of Noah and defaming him online.”

Instead, he watched his deceased son buried a second time, under hundreds of pages of hateful web content. “I don’t think there’s any one word that fits the horror of it,” Pozner says. “It’s a phenomenon of the age which we’re in, modern day witch-hunts. It’s a form of mass delusion.”

Lenny Pozner has been fighting to prove his son’s existence and has moved house multiple times to escape death threats.

Pozner is extraordinarily controlled. His voice is flat and preternaturally calm, as though all emotion has been pummeled out of him. His apartment has the same pared-down, antiseptic quality. “I’ve gotten good at moving, I’ve adapted to it,” he says.

He left Newtown for Florida in 2013 with Noah’s mother, his now former wife Veronique De La Rosa, and their two daughters in the hope of rebuilding their lives. (He asked the Guardian not to identify the town he now lives in.) He has deliveries sent to a separate address and has rented multiple postal boxes as decoys.

The most serious of death threats came from Lucy Richards, a Florida resident who was so fervent in her belief that the Sandy Hook massacre was fake that she left messages on Pozner’s cellphone saying: “You’re going to die. Death is coming to you real soon, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” In June 2017, Richards was sentenced to five months in prison, followed by a further five months under house arrest.

Pozner sees this outpouring of hatred as a product of digital technology running ahead of society’s ability to contain it. “Social media hasn’t matured. We lack a segment of law enforcement specializing in it. There really is no one to help.”

But he reserves his staunchest criticism for Alex Jones, who he blames for amplifying conspiracies in the pursuit of profit. In a lawsuit suing Jones for defamation for more than $1m, lawyers for Pozner and De La Rosa chronicle how Infowars baited them over many years: the shooting was “staged”, a “giant hoax”. The school was an elaborate film set. It was all a “soap opera”.

But in targeting Pozner, Jones picked on the wrong guy. Since 2014 Pozner has made it his life’s work to confront the conspiracy theorists. Through his organization the Honr Network, Pozner has systematically challenged those who he believes cross that line, forcing moderators to delete posts. In 2018 alone, he reported 2,568 videos to YouTube and had 1,555 of those expunged.

Pozner’s lawsuit against Jones, which mirrors a similar legal case brought by Fontaine, is making its way through a federal court in Austin, Texas. Earlier this month they received a legal boost when the judge granted them access to Jones’s financial and marketing documents under discovery.

Jones denies defaming anyone, though he has so far failed in having the suits dismissed on free speech grounds.

Regarding the free speech argument, Pozner says: “You have the right to express yourself and your opinions, no matter how offensive they may be, until your chosen form of expression impedes my rights to be free from defamation and harassment.”

What shocks Pozner most, he says, was how alone he was when he began this fight. “I was the only one standing up to the hoaxers, and other than the loss of my son that was my biggest disappointment at the time.”

At least he has brought his son’s memory back to life. If you search Noah Pozner on Google you will find hundreds of articles about the boy’s life and death, and virtually none of the bile from those who questioned his existence.

By Pozner’s reckoning, one in five people around the world are suggestible to conspiracy theories, and their obsessions are amplified by the crude logic of digital algorithms. “There is just no more truth, there is just what’s trending on Twitter,” he says. “Used to be, you had to burn books to keep people from finding out the truth, now you just have to push it to page 20 of a Google search.”

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/23/conspiracy-theories-internet-survivors-truth

{<BJPeen}

Save it for someone who was born yesterday

What this whole Sandy Hook episode is supposed to do is set the precedent that you can't question official narratives. Truthers and conspiracy theorists will eventually be sued and/arrested in the future. So basically if you're government is lying about something you have to stay quiet or risk getting sued.

And this is all based on the notion that it might hurt a potential victims feelings. We are giving up so many of our rights based on feelings. It's crazy.

So sgain, Alex Jones is an asset being used as a fall guy to set new precedents. Who was the first guy to be 'deplatformed' on all major internet outlets? Exactly. That's his role.
The last paragraph is the only thing I'm not sure about.

I believe we were lied to about Sandy Hook. Too many things didn't make sense. Those things pointing it out seem to be scrubbed from the web now. It is very strange.

HIs ex wife used to advertise nude hotel massages, so maybe he wants her to go back to work.

He married a chick that used to offer nude hotel massages, nothing right about that. At best he married a chick that jerked off business men for money and at worst she also fucked them.

What does this have to do with Alex wifeing up a chick that jerked off dudes in hotels?

You’re really hung up on this guy’s wife, huh?

Hopefully he doesn't have to pay a cent to any of those sandy hook fak I mean folks.

What does this have to do with Alex wifeing up a chick that jerked off dudes in hotels?
i

I don't blame you. It took several years for these type of things to sink in for me also. But perhaps this will help speed up the process.

Here is Jones describing how is father was recruited to the CIA, as a dentist, and became privy to top secret projects and information. Of course Alex describes his Dad's relationship with the CIA as benign and nothing to see here. But then you have to consider Alex Jones persona, career, and personal history and put 2 and 2 together.

Ive heard Alex describe how his entire family are CIA/Military intelligence. He even described his family reunions as CIA reunions. Ive heard him describe the "high level" and top secret information his dad would share over Sunday dinner when he was growing up.

I think the question we need to ask ourselves is how far do apples fall from trees.

I believe we were lied to about Sandy Hook. Too many things didn't make sense. Those things pointing it out seem to be scrubbed from the web now. It is very strange.

Yeah, its cleary a psy op of some kind.

No joke, they’ve been sold out of this stuff for a while. Which makes me believe his store is doing just fine and this is all a ruse in order to not have to pay fines from that Sandy Hook stuff.
"sold out" that's just what big super male vitality wants you to think. sheep. /s

"Far-right website Infowars and two other companies owned by radio host Alex Jones have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in light of several defamation lawsuits. The filings were made in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.

Chapter 11 bankruptcy procedures put a hold on pending civil litigation while letting a business keep running as it prepares a turnaround plan.

Court documents seen by CBS News show that the companies that filed were Infowars, IWHealth aka Infowars Health, and Prison Planet TV.

Infowars says in the filing that it has assets of $0 to $50,000 and liabilities of $1,000,001 to $10 million."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alex-j...-filing-defamation-suits-sandy-hook-massacre/

Quite the turnaround from some stats that came out in court a few years ago, unless of course Alex isn't quite being honest...

"Despite his pleas for money, Infowars’ store ― where Jones sells an amalgamation of dietary supplements and survival gear ― made $165 million in sales from September 2015 to the end of 2018, according to court filings related to a lawsuit Jones recently lost over his lies about the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/infowars-store-alex-jones_n_61d71d8fe4b0bcd2195c6562?v7

Not surprised. But it will probably help him about as much as it helped Remington.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/28/gun-maker-remington-files-for-bankruptcy-for-the-second-time.html

https://apnews.com/article/sandy-ho...n-settlement-e53b95d398ee9b838afc06275a4df403

He has money. He's going to lose a lot of it.

There is nothing "strange" about Sandy Hook. Only thing strange is that some people think it was faked and a hoax. Perhaps those who think that should go have a chat with the families who lost a children in the tragedy. Hell even Jones himself is saying now that psychosis made him think that . He went too far and he backtracked heavily on his claims since being sued by the parents.

What is the more plausible ? That a mentally deranged kid named Adam Lanza who worshipped the Columbine shooters decided to pull his own Columbine or that it's an elaborate conspiracy with paid actors playing the victims parents (as claimed by Jones) all in the name to push gun control and etablish a gunless authoritarian new word order ? For christ sakes people.....

What this whole Sandy Hook episode is supposed to do is set the precedent that you can't question official narratives. Truthers and conspiracy theorists will eventually be sued and/arrested in the future. So basically if you're government is lying about something you have to stay quiet or risk getting sued.

And this is all based on the notion that it might hurt a potential victims feelings. We are giving up so many of our rights based on feelings. It's crazy.

So sgain, Alex Jones is an asset being used as a fall guy to set new precedents. Who was the first guy to be 'deplatformed' on all major internet outlets? Exactly. That's his role.

I don't think that's right. Alex Jones did not merely question a narrative. He presented one. He said the thing was a giant hoax and no one died. He said it was completely fake and done with paid actors. And he did it while the kids that died were being put in the ground, and for a long time afterwards. None of that is questioning a narrative.

Unfortunately for Alex, in the course of presenting his false narrative, he made a lot of demonstrably false, slanderous and libelous statements.

If you want to question narratives, question them. Prove them wrong. Prove them libelous, then hold those people accountable. Just like Nick Sandmann did.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/media/washington-post-sandmann-settlement-lawsuit/index.html
https://www.foxnews.com/media/nicholas-sandmann-nbc-settlement-covington-kid
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...lement-covington-catholic-student/2837478001/

I don't think that's right. Alex Jones did not merely question a narrative. He presented one. He said the thing was a giant hoax and no one died. He said it was completely fake and done with paid actors. And he did it while the kids that died were being put in the ground, and for a long time afterwards. None of that is questioning a narrative.

Unfortunately for Alex, in the course of presenting his false narrative, he made a lot of demonstrably false, slanderous and libelous statements.

If you want to question narratives, question them. Prove them wrong. Prove them libelous, then hold those people accountable. Just like Nick Sandmann did.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/media/washington-post-sandmann-settlement-lawsuit/index.html
https://www.foxnews.com/media/nicholas-sandmann-nbc-settlement-covington-kid
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...lement-covington-catholic-student/2837478001/

"Proof" is in the eye of the beholder. As is 'truth' and 'lies'. I think the official story is a lie. How might I legally express this point of view?

I almost never visit any of his sites, but I did like Alex Jones in Waking Life.

His part in A Scanner Darkly was well done too.

Things would have worked out better for Alex if he stuck to movies full time, saving the day with Nicholas Cage or something.
63dda8d453bb0c9119084b1a0441fe2a_w200.gif

49ZN7I.gif

His part in A Scanner Darkly was well done too.

Things would have worked out better for Alex if he stuck to movies full time, saving the day with Nicholas Cage or something.
63dda8d453bb0c9119084b1a0441fe2a_w200.gif

49ZN7I.gif

Nice. I gotta cheek out that flick.

I don't blame you. It took several years for these type of things to sink in for me also. But perhaps this will help speed up the process.

Here is Jones describing how is father was recruited to the CIA, as a dentist, and became privy to top secret projects and information. Of course Alex describes his Dad's relationship with the CIA as benign and nothing to see here. But then you have to consider Alex Jones persona, career, and personal history and put 2 and 2 together.

Ive heard Alex describe how his entire family are CIA/Military intelligence. He even described his family reunions as CIA reunions. Ive heard him describe the "high level" and top secret information his dad would share over Sunday dinner when he was growing up.

I think the question we need to ask ourselves is how far do apples fall from trees.

Yeah, its cleary a psy op of some kind.

Wait, do you believe Alex Jones when he says any of this stuff?

"Proof" is in the eye of the beholder. As is 'truth' and 'lies'. I think the official story is a lie. How might I legally express this point of view?
Well then you can't believe anything and that makes you a nihilist. Believing Jones and anything he says is, by your account, unknowable, nor is anything anyone says legally verifiable.

Wealthy people like this in the U.S don't go bankrupt. They just hide their money somewhere and then start over with a new legal cover. Only poor folks are actually bankrupt when the file for it cause they have no more to give, as opposed to simply not wanting to pay up.

Back