Media Alex Pereira believes ‘scared s***’ Israel Adesanya doesn’t want to fight again:

He needs to not get derailed by a wrassler, and earn that shot.
Why? If he plays his cards right he can avoid anyone at mw with a wrestling in base. He could get a fight with Till then Costa/cannonier. With a couple high profile fights he could get a title shot. If UFC sees potential money maker they have a way of being careful with match making

Izzy will just take him down and dominate him that way to win the fight. This is mma, not kickboxing.
He has zero take downs. Wouldn't be the safest to shoot your first against a ko artist.

He has zero take downs. Wouldn't be the safest to shoot your first against a ko artist.
Zero take down, cause he usually has an advantage on the feet, so there is no need to try to grapple. However, against Alex Pereira his advantage will most likely be on the ground, so logically it would make sense for him to utilize his ground skills...he should be a lot further ahead in this department than Alex.

Did anyone already say that he should earn his shot?

Remember when Duffy kept calling out Conor for a rematch and then lost fights and hasn't had a fight booked in years?

This isn't a knock on Pereira because obviously he has skill, but MMA is not kickboxing. MMA is MMA. And Izzy is the best MW in the world. If Pereira thinks he can take that title from Izzy, he's gonna have to earn it. Otherwise he might go on a 3-fight losing streak and get cut, like Duffy.

Alex hardest challenge will be TDD against a possible good wrestler but UFC can work around that to a title shot.

If Izzy and Alex fight I think it might go the same way just cause they will both prefer to strike and neither are wrestlers. Izzy lost to him twice. I give Alex the upper hand if they do fight unless Izzy with smaller gloves and time in MMA proves to let him out point Alex.

Last edited:
Not really. At all. Izzy is "eager" to fight Alex if, you know, Alex actually gets some wins in the company/division. Any champ would be stupid give title shots to brand-new competitors in the organization. Alex has to win some fights to hype up the "rematch". If Alex gets dominated/taken down with ease by mid-tier (or worse) guys in the division, he has NO BUSINESS fighting a reigning champ, and he knows that. He has to earn his keep just like everyone else, and he's even got it easy: he has (deserved) hype, a great fighting background, and a W (in another combat sport) over the champ. Just keep steering straight, make sure your TDD is tight, and he's good to go. No need for this lame, disingenuous shots at the reigning, defending, now long-term staple Champ of the division. Makes him look whiney IMO, or delusional/stupid, which I don't think he is.

Izzy should fought him rather than Whittaker?

If Izzy were as anxious to fight Alex as he claims to be, he'd say "Fuck this, let me fight this guy." He's not that anxious to fight him though, so what Alex is saying is true: that Izzy isn't being honest about his desire to fight him.

I think Izzy is probably scared of this mans ability to knock people half dead. Just like everyone else on the planet with half a clue. Guy is as nasty as it gets.
This. Losing to him means being flatlined. He's not looking to decision you. Fighters like that are viewed differently by other fighters because of that added risk. It's one thing to have KO power, it's another thing to be technical and have KO power.

He has 2 wins over him and knocked him out last time they fought. Izzy should want to get that back and to prove he's the better fighter now.

How do you see the fight going in MMA? I have a hard time seeing it go much differently.

Hea not saying he DESERVES it he's saying if he was in Izzy shoes he would be dying to right that wrong. I think deep down izzy knows he's a terrible match up for him but thinks he won't make it to a title shot due to the wrestlers in the division.

I can see him beating izzy but honestly not Whittaker or Vettori.
I think Izzy is right that Alex won't make it to a title shot. He'd have to get very favorable match-ups. Not only does he lose to Whittaker or Vettori, Brunson is a tough fight too. Costa would be interesting. He could maybe beat Strickland but hell even Strickland might beat him.

Alex wants to be the guy but I don't even see him climbing the ladder because he has no groundgame at all.

I think Izzy is right that Alex won't make it to a title shot. He'd have to get very favorable match-ups. Not only does he lose to Whittaker or Vettori, Brunson is a tough fight too. Costa would be interesting. He could maybe beat Strickland but hell even Strickland might beat him.

I agree

Back