News Alex Pereira calls out Jamahal Hill for his first title-defence at LHW

Who wins if they were to fight?

• Total voters
I don't know if Pereira has thought this through, he seems like he wants to get back in the cage sooner than later.

Hill isn't even back to training yet, he's not going to be returning any sooner than July at the earliest.

The translation says that Alex wants to break a record and defend the belt twice in the shortest time possible

I think both Hill and Ankalaev have solid claims to the next title shot, but when Pereira says "I want to fight Ankalaev", yet then a month later when Ankalaev wins and puts himself into contention and Pereira immediately says, "Let's focus on Hill" ......LOL it is a bad look.
Hill is getting the next TS. He was promised it. Even if Alex wanted to fight Ank now I highly doubt the UFC allows it. Not only because they promised hill but because that fight is much more marketable. Both are heavy hitting strikers that put dudes to sleep.

Uncle Aev is boring and unmarketable, albeit likely the best LHW on the planet rn. He should fight KRJ while Alex sorts out his next defense. I know this will trigger some folks, but I just don’t see the UFC pushing this guy. History is on my side.
Dafuq is KRJ?

The fact I am the first one to vote for Hill is stunning.

Hill should be favored.
Ah, man, rough night? Can't believe you're still hungover this late

Hill is getting the next TS. He was promised it. Even if Alex wanted to fight Ank now I highly doubt the UFC allows it. Not only because they promised hill but because that fight is much more marketable. Both are heavy hitting strikers that put dudes to sleep.
Well, there's a difference between "you'll get a title shot in  your next fight" vs "you'll get a title shot in  the next fight."

And there's also a difference between a UFC title shot promise vs an actual promise. Ask my boy sometime, if you can remember his name

Well, there's a difference between "you'll get a title shot in  your next fight" vs "you'll get a title shot in  the next fight."

And there's also a difference between a UFC title shot promise vs an actual promise. Ask my boy sometime, if you can remember his name
They gave Jiri his promised TS upon his return. Can't see why they would not do the same for Hill

Foul-Mania 2024

Ankalaev vs ____________

===

Poatan vs Hill is solid matchup to align the division -- if Jamahal makes it to the cage.

Fighters should never be allowed to choose who they fight.

Especially champions - ranking should matter and the next highest ranked fighter should compete.

This whole "I want to fight him." or "I don't want to fight him." is tired and played out now.

These guys are fighters not WWE Divas.

It gives them something to shout about for the Winner's in-cage interview.

Terrible call… unless we remember that Hill is the unbeaten (since he won the title) champ.
But F that sh-t!
Whatever excuse we can muster just to hate on the on the most elite competitors of the sport that we supposedly love.

Back