Alex Pereira has never gone 25 minutes before

I think he can go 25 minutes of doing nothing with Adesanya, that or he might seal the deal earlier.

He tranes UFC with Glover everyday. I really dont think Cardio will be an issue and definitely not grappling. Glover knows what it takes to prepare for 5 rounds and his mentoring of Alex is an underrated aspect of this fight.

If anything the 5rounds just gives Alex more opportunity to land that one good punch. All he needs is one.
Why do you think grappling and cardio won't be an issue because he trains with Glover?

I see so many people say this... training with a good grappler doesn't make you a good grappler lol.

Why do you think grappling and cardio won't be an issue because he trains with Glover?

I see so many people say this... training with a good grappler doesn't make you a good grappler lol.

Glover is an elite grappler and has been traineing UFC since Dana had hair lol. I really do think people are underestimating Glovers mentoring of Alex. Hes been teaching Alex for a few years now and is a key person over looking his transition to mma. Sure Alex is obviously not a great grappler just from training with Glover but I bet Alex has solid grappling defense. Which is more than enough for Israel.

I am also intrigued that he's working with Glovers boxing coach (who improved Glovers boxing big time) Alex has the right people around him to be champ.

I predict a lot of running from izzy

So much stalling?? What? Grappling literally has stalling warnings and 30 second point clocks put in place to ensure that there's continuous action and attacking. You're talking about MMA. I'm talking about actual grappling.
Yea and that's why these guys have matches in competitive bjj that are 20 mins straight with no breaks right?

I don't think Alex will do very well over 5 rounds with a strong grappler, he's never encountered that style fight. He can prepare very well I am sure but it would be different in a real fight dealing with that.

I personally think this fight will be pretty slow action wise. I think both guys are so good that neither will make many mistakes and there just won't be many openings. I think Alex will create some interesting moments if he gets Izzy against the cage.
certainly has the right training partner to prepare him for it though.

e's been training with glover for a few years now.

Alex doesn't waste a lot of energy so I don't see cadio being a problem. I can see Izzy getting the best of Alex early in the fight. I feel that either Alex wins by tko/ko or Izzy wins UD. This is a 50/50 pick em fight. I can't wait until Saturday night!

2 Cancer's. Going to be a good fight unless one or the other decides to point fight. Could be boring, but it's expected since neither will likely want to be reckless.

Glover is an elite grappler and has been traineing UFC since Dana had hair lol. I really do think people are underestimating Glovers mentoring of Alex. Hes been teaching Alex for a few years now and is a key person over looking his transition to mma. Sure Alex is obviously not a great grappler just from training with Glover but I bet Alex has solid grappling defense. Which is more than enough for Israel.

I am also intrigued that he's working with Glovers boxing coach (who improved Glovers boxing big time) Alex has the right people around him to be champ.
Why do you think he has good grappling defense? We saw him get our clinched the only time he fought someone with a grappling game plan and it was an unknown guy.

Pretty much everyone at the high level has great coaching, Glover is a full time fighter and it ultimately focused on himself… I’m sure having Glover is helpful, but I don’t think it means that much.

Think of how many guys train with great wrestlers their entire career who never have good wrestling.

Izzy has zero forward pressure so if he gets tired he can simply stop and take a breathe.

I doubt it will be a factor, Izzy doesn't fight at a high pace.

Title bout in Glory kickboxing are 5 THREE MINUTE ROUNDS

He has never had 5 round 25 minute fight. Going from 15 to 25 minutes is a big jump. How do you guys think this will factor into the fight??

It could be a factor, not because of the 3 mins in Glory but because he hasn't gone 5 in MMA before. I guess we'll see, he looks in good condition but if Izzy can make him miss a lot he might tire out.

I said the same thing about Oliveira, who amazingly had 41 fights before facing Islam. I was making the point that he'd never been in deep waters and Islam (with a much shorter career) had at least been in the 4th round once.
At the time I might have joked that Islam can't finish top fighters. But then he tapped Oliv.

Back