News Alex Pereira signs new 8-fight deal with the UFC

Everyone has gotten used to dudes fighting once a year that they are acting like its all over.

Homie could fight twice this year, and 3 times each of the following years and be out of this contract in less than 3 years.

Will still have time to sellout to a boxing loss or pfl softball pitch by then

An opportunity
The opportunity was him getting signed in the first place... Which he took and ran with.

An 8 fight deal is a fixed price for the same job 8 times, without being able to negotiate.

This...

Why would you sign a fixed deal when you have the potential to become one of the biggest stars around...

8 fights might sound like a lot, but nobody is cutting Alex any time soon - he's put himself in golden handcuffs, and probably at not-that-great a rate...

Lets assume he wins the belt and then goes 5-0 defences, and generates a big following... Why wouldn't you want to renegotiate your value..?

Dude learned nothing from Ngannou.

Again, this is how it works:

We create a no-law room.
We put you, Pereira, and the UFC in the room.
The rules of the room: No talking, no sign language, no hand signals, and Pereira's current contract is null and void until Pereira can convince you to convince the UFC that you think the UFC is the greatest company on earth and grownups don't need babysitters. The only form of communication allowed is bleeding and screaming, and the UFC must face the wall and wear hearing muffs. So there has to be a lot of blood and really loud screaming to get the job done.

So basically, Pereira only has two choices: he must agree with you that UFC sux and choose to sacrifice his contract and leave, or, he has to make you bleed and scream so much that UFC notices and becomes convinced that you learned from pain.

We video it and play it every day on this board and shoop it for years and also post the video on faceboard and twix.

After this hypothetical situation occurs, only then are you allowed to come back and be a sherflake trying to convince everyone that other grownups need anything from you.

It gon be fun!
Get busy douche!

Probably set him up with more money than Izzy’s last contract. Behind Jones, and Conor. But probably the highest paid UFC fighter that actually fights, imo.

Word.

Pereira is unafraid of anyone, fights more often than any current Champion.

Probably is the most exciting fighter out there.

The UFC has recognized this.

Again, this is how it works:

We create a no-law room.
We put you, Pereira, and the UFC in the room.
The rules of the room: No talking, no sign language, no hand signals, and Pereira's current contract is null and void until Pereira can convince you to convince the UFC that you think the UFC is the greatest company on earth and grownups don't need babysitters. The only form of communication allowed is bleeding and screaming, and the UFC must face the wall and wear hearing muffs. So there has to be a lot of blood and really loud screaming to get the job done.

So basically, Pereira only has two choices: sacrifice his contract and leave, or, make you bleed and scream so much that UFC notices and becomes convinced.

We video it and play it every day on this board and shoop it for years and also post the video on faceboard and twix.

After this hypothetical situation occurs, only then are you allowed to come back and be a sherflake trying to convince everyone that other grownups need anything from you.

It gon be fun!
Get busy douche!
What the fuck are you talking about you sad little man?

Go and project your gay little S+M fantasies on someone else, and fuck off while you're doing it...

<DisgustingHHH>

I heard he want to do stand up comedy. He will earn money doing that.

He's probably getting Anderson Silva money as the UFC needs him more than he needs them.

...on the verge of becoming a superstar

...still improving in terms mma

UFC needs a Brazilian star

Why would he ever want to go back to GLORY? Pretty sure he's done there for good. As for boxing, has he even expressed anything about wanting to go that route? Seems like Alex is more interested in achievement hunting in the UFC than having some kind of boxing career like Francis.

why not secure a couple bags before you ride off into the sunset?

What the fuck are you talking about you sad little man?

Go and project your gay little S+M fantasies on someone else, and fuck off while you're doing it...
Moving on from the subject of closet gimps hiding in Sherdog threads, I see what you mean; that is a lot of fights to be locked into at this stage in his career. At Alex's age, it seems 8 fights could take him to the end of his career; he will be 37 at his next fight (the first fight of this deal I think).

But do you think it could be structured to reflect higher percentages if he continues to win? It seems unthinkable (although far from impossible) that Alex would accept a deal that didn't account for his potential as a superstar in the sport.

Literally.

This will give down as one if the most short-sighted decisions of all time.

The UFC doesn't even have to book his 8th fight - they fan lock him away in the wings forever if they want to/he doesn't tow the line like a good boy...

Even with boxing as an option on the table he has something to negotiate with... Now he's fucked if anything goes wrong.
They have to offer a certain amount of fights a year that are feasible. If they don't he can just sunset clause it out. Maybe he doesn't want to box. Maybe he just wants to enjoy his new sport and not lose his biggest weapons..

Moving on from the subject of closet gimps hiding in Sherdog threads, I see what you mean; that is a lot of fights to be locked into at this stage in his career. At Alex's age, it seems 8 fights could take him to the end of his career; he will be 37 at his next fight (the first fight of this deal I think).

But do you think it could be structured to reflect higher percentages if he continues to win? It seems unthinkable (although far from impossible) that Alex would accept a deal that didn't account for his potential as a superstar in the sport.
You'd hope there's some kind of structure... There would have to get everything else off the table. Or maybe there's even an "exhibition" clause that we don't know about.

The worry that I have is that if he gets to a certain amount of fights, and starts looking elsewhere or not playing the game with the bosses that they just shelve him, and burn his last effective years.

He knows what he's doing, obviously... But so many fighters before him have been screwed over by deals like this in the past, it's a strange decision, especially with the opportunities that have started to seep in lately - gimmick boxing being up there...

Meanwhile, here's my broke ass talking about how a millionaire needs to handle his business.

<28>

They have to offer a certain amount of fights a year that are feasible. If they don't he can just sunset clause it out. Maybe he doesn't want to box. Maybe he just wants to enjoy his new sport and not lose his biggest weapons..
This all makes good sense, and tbh I'm just speculating something I have zero personal insight with, apart from fandom...

Anything could be possible as I mentioned above... I'm self-employed, so I'm looking at this through a "fuck getting locked in" filter, but maybe he just wanted stability and to be able to concentrate on training, and leave the rest to Dana.

Either way, its good to know he'll be around for a good while longer.

8 fights!?
this guy must have a shit management team
or he knows he’s on the decline…

*unless he’s trying to be the next Arlovski
The UFC doesn't really budge when it comes to contract negotiations

It's usually a take or leave it... and by leave it I mean they throw you under the bus in front of the Media and insult you publicly

The UFC gets Alex for 8 fights, but have the right to release him if they so please before 8 fights

But, Alex only gets paid if he shows up to those fights... and he cannot work for anyone else until this contract of 8 fights is fulfilled. But again, the UFC can release him if he loses his next 3. No guaranteed money for anyone except the UFC

36 yo 8 fight deal

lol

Back