Media Alex Pereira training Dutch kickboxing

That's a good pad holder. I like how he moves around like it's a sparring session and throws shit back too. And I'm guessing this is the 1st time he's held pads for Poatan and it still goes fairly smoothly.

Poatan hurt his leg on the padholder (nick)

I love Alex still being so connected to his kickboxing roots. He still pushed himself in the striking department.

Honestly American MMA can feel behind the times in terms of striking. America is still small time in the worlds of muay thai and K-1.

I used to love watching Hoost rip his cross-hook-low kick combo. It was quick and really effective. It's almost infuriating watching an MMA fighter throw a one-two combo of punches and then reset without following up with a heavy kick.

Hopefully he doesn't actually start fighting in a Dutch style. It's terrible for MMA and not suited for his body type anyways

I used to love watching Hoost rip his cross-hook-low kick combo. It was quick and really effective. It's almost infuriating watching an MMA fighter throw a one-two combo of punches and then reset without following up with a heavy kick.
Man, Ernesto Hoost is a freaking legend.
4-time K-1 WGP winner, Mr. Perfect!

1713827094633.jpeg

Hopefully he doesn't actually start fighting in a Dutch style. It's terrible for MMA and not suited for his body type anyways
Justin gaetheje clearly takes notes from Dutch style fighters. Izzy actually used a Dutch tactic to get Alex. High guard shell and then fire the 1-2. Krause did this to escape the ropes alot.

Back in the day every mma champ used to travel to holland to train with the greats and at great teams like golden glory. For an mma champ who has a rich kickboxing background I am surprised at how he doesn’t go down there more often.

I guess we have a lot of Dutch kickboxing coaches everywhere these days but nothing like going there

dpkBD5.gif

OMG A fighter lost a fight! A fighter lost a fight everyone!

You can see just “shocking” his muscles by doing different combos at a different tempo is tiring him out good. Alex does need to add the longer range leg-kick that whips with all your might with more turn-over on plant foot cause he has calf-kick fucking down to the tee already and both would be deadly

This is great for him but he is always traveling around and seeking high-level training/sparring like all over the world

And gawdwam he hits hard with dem stone hands

Back