Media Alex Pereira trains with Sensei Seagal

My favorite part about Steven Seagal movies is he uses stunt doubles for everything, including scenes that only have walking. In one movie he barely leaves his chair and even has a fight scene while still sitting down.
LMAO. Well at least he didn't fall asleep while sitting down. There was one movie of his I saw where he fell asleep in the chair during a talking scene. Everyone is sitting in a room talking and Steve is in the chair snoozed out. I'm honestly surprised they kept that in the final cut of the film cause it's so obvious. The only reason Steven makes these straight to DVD/streaming movies anymore is cause his ego won't let him stop. Not that I mind though cause they at least provide for mindless entertainment when bored and want something to fall asleep to or something.

{<shrug}

"Aren´t you the guy from that crappy movie, underwater or something?" Nick

LMAO. Well at least he didn't fall asleep while sitting down. There was one movie of his I saw where he fell asleep in the chair during a talking scene. Everyone is sitting in a room talking and Steve is in the chair snoozed out. I'm honestly surprised they kept that in the final cut of the film cause it's so obvious. The only reason Steven makes these straight to DVD/streaming movies anymore is cause his ego won't let him stop. Not that I mind though cause they at least provide for mindless entertainment when bored and want something to fall asleep to or something.

{<shrug}
He is a one take kinda guy. The first take is always the best.

I honestly wouldn’t mind if he ran for president

I actually think Seagal does have a wealth of knowledge as a martial artist. My issue with the guy is the kind of person he is outside of that

And then he broke his leg and got destroyed by Jake Paul in boxing. Seagal is a death sentence.

Anderson fell off because he started mocking his trainer. Seagal said Anderson was like a son to him, and Anderson tried to go Hollywood (after Seagal presumably warned Anderson of such temptations).

Seagal talks a lot - the Bruce Lee bit is off - mocking martial artists is off - he deserves all the criticism there is in that regard.
However - when it comes to what he teaches - I would say it's all legit.

Just like with Bruce Lee though, there will always be questions since they never went pro.

Why do any fighters even entertain his bullshit anymore? Lol

We saw what happened after Anderson & Lyoto stopped working with Sensei Segal... their careers finished just like that, Hopefully Pereira doesn't make the same mistake and acts like a know-it-all.

GOAT Low + High kick defense technique
1713358304001.png

Last edited:
Back