Media Alex Pereira wants Ankalaev next

I wanna say I don't see Alex taking this fight at 301, but his balls are ginormous so I guess I almost expect it.

Seems more like the main event for Abu Dhabi. Newark, IFW, Perth, UK, Noche don't seem like plausible options for a myriad of reasons.

If Alex wants to be active he may need to shoot for Brazil. Or wait until the fall. If Ank can't step up throw in Roundtree or Krylov.
You mean Ankalaev won't take 301? Because Pereira is all about it.

This is the fight to make.
Great to see Alex call out Ank again. This needs to be sorted and if Alex wins his biggest test at LHW, then he go fight Aspinall next. I would say Jones, but if Alex takes Ank out, Jon would not take that fight.
You gotta be kidding me, that would be an easy fight for jones currently. Pereira does not have the wrestling chops in any capacity, why would jones not want an easy fight. Aspinall would also be a difficult fight for Alex to win. Unless it is a kickboxing match, he is having a hard time with an accomplished wrestler.

Gane is also more elusive on the feet than Alex and is faster. You could imagine what would or could happen.

Alex needs a lot more seasoning in the gym learning how to wrestle and grapple for that even to be a fight worth mentioning. Or he needs to showcase he can actually deal with an actual wrestler.

Alex should take his time and learn how to wrestle and grapple properly and not take on sharks in the UFC before he can handle them. You have to learn how to swim before you get into a pool with sharks. He has a punchers chance but that is not enough.

Last edited:
Alex should put steel cup on. Ankalaev will unapologetically keep kicking him in the nuts.

You mean Ankalaev won't take 301? Because Pereira is all about it.
Ankalaev will not fight at UFC 301, he gave an interview to a Russian channel, he said that he refused to fight Pereira at UFC 300, because of Ramadan. I don't think he will fight 20 days after fasting. He is also Dagestani, they never fight on short notice.

Seems more like the main event for Abu Dhabi.
Poatan is the champion and the fans want to see him fight in Brazil or USA. If Ankalaev refuses to fight outside Abu Dhabi or Saudi Arabia then screw him and give the title shot to someone else (Jiri, Rountree, etc.).

Last edited:
You gotta be kidding me, that would be an easy fight for jones currently. Pereira does not have the wrestling chops in any capacity, why would jones not want an easy fight. Aspinall would also be a difficult fight for Alex to win. Unless it is a kickboxing match, he is having a hard time with an accomplished wrestler.

Gane is also more elusive on the feet than Alex and is faster. You could imagine what would or could happen.

Alex needs a lot more seasoning in the gym learning how to wrestle and grapple for that even to be a fight worth mentioning. Or he needs to showcase he can actually deal with an actual wrestler.

Alex should take his time and learn how to wrestle and grapple properly and not take on sharks in the UFC before he can handle them. You have to learn how to swim before you get into a pool with sharks. He has a punchers chance but that is not enough.
I disagree. Jones has his eyes on Miočić, I doubt he takes anyone else. I’d like him to, but I don’t think he will. I’d love to see Jones vs Pereira at some point and I really don’t care who wins.
Also, no, he shouldn’t take time to learn wrestling. He is 37, he should focus on what he does better than everyone else and wrestle/grapple good enough to survive until he can unload.

Periera would get lay and prayed

he hasn't fought a single fighter with the wrestling that Ankalaev possesses
Lol you obviously didn’t see see the Ank vs Jan fight. The dude took bout 25 unanswered leg kicks until he was basically crippled to remember he could’ve wrestled the ENTIRE time.

He may have the wrestling but that doesn’t mean he’ll use it. His fight IQ is his problem.

Aspinall is hardly an accomplished wrestler.

I can see Alex losing to Ankalaev but I can also see him winning this fight honestly.
I am not ruling anything out anymore when it comes to Alex fighting.

Alex got his bjj black belt after the fight, he is ready.

I have not grappled with Alex, but I have always thought it was one of the most disrespectful thing towards bjj. He knocks a guy out, gets a black belt.
I saw Might Mouses reaction video to Max vs Justin and Alex vs Hill.. "And my ass don't have a black belt yet".

Would be hilarious to watch Poatan knock out Ank inside of 1 round, take virtually no damage and then call for Aspinall in July.

Would be hilarious to watch Poatan knock out Ank inside of 1 round and then call for Aspinall in July.

Good on him but as mentioned I'm not sure the UFC want this.

Can't stand Ank but this is fight to make. Props to Alex for wanting a tough fight stylistically.

Pereira beating Ankalaev pretty much closes out the division at LHW for him. No one else that would pose a reasonable challenge. After that he can bulk and fight HW champ and then retire win or lose. Probably best he can do with his legacy.

Pereiras wrestling is not as big of a liability as Anks inability to check leg kicks. He’s also not a submission threat on the ground or very active for that matter meaning Pereira always has a chance to get back up. Whether it be by his own scrambling, ref stand ups, or simply the round ending.

I don’t think Ank keeps a wrestling heavy pace for 5 rounds because it’s too taxing on his cardio, we’ve seen Pereira famished at MW be able to keep his unreal KO power late in 5th rounds. The last thing Ank wants is to deplete his gas tank forcing the wrestling early only to find himself gassed against Poatan.

It’s the best fight at LHW right now and I think Pereira has a good chance.

This.

Yikes.

Probably a bad move. I'm definitely in the group of people he referred to who think he's a terrible matchup for alex.

I'll say this though, if alex fights ankydank next and wins, he's really cemented his legacy. Nobody could say after that, that he hasn't tested himself against legit a wrestler. That, plus having ended izzys mw reign and taking the me belt before jumping up to lhw and taking that belt.... that puts him in pretty elite company.

Back