News Alex Perez vs Tagir Ulanbekov is set for June 15

Who wins?

• Total voters
Perez has the wrestling to shut down Tagir but sadly nothing to offer in the standup.
How are we going with this take two days after Perez knocks out Matheus Nicolau?

Oh Alex looked good for sure, I'm just saying that using the fact that he was able to KO Nicholau as support for the idea that he'll be able to KO any given other Flyweight is... questionable. It's starting to look like KO'ing James Vick or Phil Hawes: i.e., "welcome to the club". The performance was more impressive on the basis of his ability to apply educated pressure and output, not really on the basis of him hurting Mateus.

Nicholau is frustrating because he is well-rounded and uber-talented in some areas, but he only knows how to fight at one pace and as mentioned has arguably the worst chin in the division. He's also a very different stylistic match-up than Tagir.
Yeah I have to agree with that assessment of Nicolaus' chin.
I don't think Alex is going to KO Tagir that's for sure, but I think he has the ability to give him fits with his wrestling, and possibly win an ugly decision sir.

This momentum is great for Alex Perez. Reviving his career.

that was very controversial if I remember correctly.

Oh, there was plenty of fuckery on Tim's part lol.

But even so, he still showed that there were plenty of holes in Tagir's game.

Not saying Perez will necessarily be able to exploit them as well. Tim's unpredictability helped him a lot, and Perez is not unpredictable at all, but we'll see.

Me > Alex Perez > Matheus Nicolau

I beat him the one time we wrestled years ago. He needs to keep winning so I can build my name off of him.

Back