Alexander: The Making of a God - six part Netflix docudrama series

Me too other than Jesus ......... Alexander is the most interesting person to ever live imo at least in terms of generals. There's no we near enough movies. There's 1 movie from 50s and the seriously awful movie made in 04 with Colin Farell. Nothing else really.

Netflix should of done drama series about Alexander like Angel Studios did on the Chosen.. going the shitty ocudrama route is the easy way to make it.
The Chosen is better than it as any right to be. A really excellent series, all things considered.

The Chosen is better than it as any right to be. A really excellent series, all things considered.
Agree. It shouldn't be as good as it is . Was started completely on donations on a skeleton budget and released for free an just caught fire as The director just hit it out of park an while I'm not crazy about Jon Routhmie in other shows he's about as perfect for the Jesus role as it gets. With Netflix, Amazon, CW picking it up the production value has taken leaps but they still put it out for free... The first month before release they put 2 episodes a week in the movies (Cinemark) and only 1 or maybe 2 movies out sell it.

Agree. It shouldn't be as good as it is . Was started completely on donations on a skeleton budget and released for free an just caught fire as The director just hit it out of park an while I'm not crazy about Jon Routhmie in other shows he's about as perfect for the Jesus role as it gets. With Netflix, Amazon, CW picking it up the production value has taken leaps but they still put it out for free... The first month before release they put 2 episodes a week in the movies (Cinemark) and only 1 or maybe 2 movies out sell it.
Yeah. My wife and I have supported almost everything Angel Studios has put out in cinemas. “His Only Son” is an absolute tour de force of independent film making, and absolutely one of the best films in years. Highly recommend.

Is it going to be a gay romance like the 2004 movie? I always think back to the opening narration by Anthony Hopkin’s Ptolemy “they say the only thing that could conquer Alexander was Hephaestion’s thighs” my buddy and I looked at each other and said “I hope he’s talking about that dude’s grappling skills” :oops:

Part 2 is soon I thought heard. All the really good stuff happened in first part though.

But why not make drama series on his life that spans maybe 5 seasons.. hew moat revered general to ever live . There's 1 movie on him an not a single series but this docu drama. Other great general Napoleon, Julius have many movies and docu dramas ......... Alexander who is more famous actually than either has nothing but Oliver Stones garbage that he re made 100 times.

Nolan would kill an Alexander movie.

Me too other than Jesus ......... Alexander is the most interesting person to ever live imo at least in terms of generals. There's no we near enough movies. There's 1 movie from 50s and the seriously awful movie made in 04 with Colin Farell. Nothing else really.

Netflix should of done drama series about Alexander like Angel Studios did on the Chosen.. going the shitty ocudrama route is the easy way to make it.
I was talking to my best friend about religion and he brought up Jesus, I mentioned to him that there isn't really any historical evidence there was a Jesus of Nazareth. They have info on Alexander and all these other guys from the ancient world but not really much if any on the Jesus. My belief is that if he did exist, his story got mixed with a lot of the mythology that came before him (Buddha, Krishna, the zodiac).

Part 2 is soon I thought heard. All the really good stuff happened in first part though.

But why not make drama series on his life that spans maybe 5 seasons.. hew moat revered general to ever live . There's 1 movie on him an not a single series but this docu drama. Other great general Napoleon, Julius have many movies and docu dramas ......... Alexander who is more famous actually than either has nothing but Oliver Stones garbage that he re made 100 times.

I read that Alexander encountered giant beasts in caves in India, like some sort of monster, that shit would be cool in a movie and it would be surreal, we rarely get told of historical accounts of strange shit like that. Columbus apparently saw a UFO but i never heard about that until a few years ago, it's a fairly relevatory event.

WTF did I just read?

@lsa is a big fan of Alexander. And Hephaestion.

Reactions: lsa
I was talking to my best friend about religion and he brought up Jesus, I mentioned to him that there isn't really any historical evidence there was a Jesus of Nazareth. They have info on Alexander and all these other guys from the ancient world but not really much if any on the Jesus. My belief is that if he did exist, his story got mixed with a lot of the mythology that came before him (Buddha, Krishna, the zodiac).
Do more research. There ia plenty of external info on Jesus. You may not believe or whatever but that fact he existed noone really even debates.

Do more research. There ia plenty of external info on Jesus. You may not believe or whatever but that fact he existed noone really even debates.
depends on who you ask, if you ask christians, obviously they'll say there's plenty. Also, even if a Jesus of Nazareth existed, it doesn't explain all the old mythologies and stories from older cultures that got into his story. I think it's possible the guy existed but they threw in the zodiac stuff (12 apostles, 12 months etc..,son,sun of god, light of the world) and then we'd have to find out how much was the old mythology. Same for any of the biblical figures, Moses isn't historical either as far as the egyptians, but the story of a baby being left in water goes back to older cultures, same for noah, which, concerning the flood at least, is the most universal of all biblical episodes, almost all cultures have flood lore.

depends on who you ask, if you ask christians, obviously they'll say there's plenty. Also, even if a Jesus of Nazareth existed, it doesn't explain all the old mythologies and stories from older cultures that got into his story. I think it's possible the guy existed but they threw in the zodiac stuff (12 apostles, 12 months etc..,son,sun of god, light of the world) and then we'd have to find out how much was the old mythology. Same for any of the biblical figures, Moses isn't historical either as far as the egyptians, but the story of a baby being left in water goes back to older cultures, same for noah, which, concerning the flood at least, is the most universal of all biblical episodes, almost all cultures have flood lore.
I read that historians believe that they were multiple perosns that fit the description of Jesus and have said and done similar things.

Back