Media Alexander Volkov says he doesn't have the ability to turn down the fight vs Sergei Pavlovich

Nearly all the heavyweights in MMA are shit to be honest. He'd be a labourer on a building site if it wasn't for the UFC.

Instead they're paying him probably 50k+ a few times a year for low quality action.

<{danayeah}>

"I don't have the ability to refuse."

He LITERALLY does, just say no & don't sign the contract. I'm sorry you don't have ability to comprehend this.
Do you really have that much of an inability to read between the lines or are you just straight up dumb?

"I don't have the ability to refuse."

He LITERALLY does, just say no & don't sign the contract. I'm sorry you don't have ability to comprehend this.

Of course he "literally" does, but if he says no he would be severely damaging his relationship with the UFC. Same way nobody can stop you from telling your boss you're taking the next month off work but the consequence is you won't have a job to return to.

I saw the thread title and for some reason I was sure it was talking about Volkanovkski, not Volkov. That was a trip.

"the UFC, as I understand it, received a 'yes' from Sergei Pavlovich’s team, because they replied that they would agree if I agreed"

Lmao, I bet they said the same to Sergei. Then just announced the fight, thus putting the pressure on both teams to accept.
<[analyzed}>

That’s very good! And obviously true, when you think how UFC conducts business

Reactions: HHJ
UFC won't let Volk refuse this fight yet they'll let their champions refuse anyone they want lol..

Nearly all the heavyweights in MMA are shit to be honest. He'd be a labourer on a building site if it wasn't for the UFC.

Instead they're paying him probably 50k+ a few times a year for low quality action.

<{danayeah}>

I love it when you guys make these baseless comments.

Volkov made 300K is last fight and the fights prior 200K+. He's got a decent contract with the UFC.

If he wasn't fighting, he's be doing something else. But he wouldn't a labourer, he's got a university degree in Engineering in Russia.

Being pressured by a premature announcement, is not the same thing as being forced.

That said, I can understand people not wanting to fight their bros. It doesn't have to be personal though. At the highest level of Kung Fu, teh master can fight another master without malice in their heart.

200.gif
Not every fighter can fight without malice in their heart.

Volkov vs Jailton and Gane vs Pavlovich was literally perfect matchmaking. Gane says he accepted the Pavlovich fight so not sure what's going on here.

I mean he says he already turned down multiple other fights so he had to fight someone.

Of course he "literally" does, but if he says no he would be severely damaging his relationship with the UFC. Same way nobody can stop you from telling your boss you're taking the next month off work but the consequence is you won't have a job to return to.
Agreed… but uf an “accidental injury” occurs in training I doubt UFC will argue with Russian physcians or waste $ flying their medical team over to examine. Pav signs another fight, afterwards Volkov can do the same and they avoid each other.

Its really fucking mean of the promotion to book two friends this way.

Back