News Alexandre Pantoja to defend Flyweight title against Steve Erceg at UFC 301

Who Wins?

• Alexandre Pantoja

Votes: 64 77.1%
  • Steve Erceg

Votes: 19 22.9%

• Total voters
Are people really pushing for Mokaev after that last fight? He was in the drivers seat knowing Kape botched his weight cut, Albazi is hurt, Moreno just lost, Royval just lost to Pantoja. So he was in the drivers seat knowing if he goes out and makes a statement he's probably next and then he had a boring ass fight where he took a knee and held on during rounds two and three.

I'm sorry but thats what you want next?

This is a example of why it can be rewarding to watch thin cards like Rozenstruik vs. Gaziev.

It ended up having title ramifications for the Flyweight division, as well as got Umar some shine.

Lol imagine the amount of people who will be saying "Who?!?" if this is the main event and they have no clue who Erceg is. It would've been just as bad if Horiguchi was signed & immediately put into a title fight like some of you guys were dreaming about. <Lmaoo>

Of course the UFC should match up two guys soon to be out of their athletic primes in a title fight. <Lmaoo>

RIZIN tried to feed Horiguchi to a prospect a few months ago.

Is this the main-event?

HAH that would be hilarious

I bet Dana thought "Spanish and Portuguese are similar enough. We'll have Pantoja defend his belt in Brazil against someone nobody really knows"

I am not bothered by this, Erceg is a savage.

steve-erceg-astroboy.gif

There has to be top tier talent in other organisations. This shit is bad

Makes far more sense than Mokaev. He's clearly not even close to ready, he has looked like shit in all of his UFC fights and Erceg just had a spectacular KO. I have no clue what people were talking about saying he was next.

Also, Erceg probably beats Pantoja.

Last edited:
Makes far more sense than Mokaev. He's clearly not even close to ready, I have no clue what people were talking about saying he was next.

Yeah people are just falling in love with wikicapping and reading his 12-0 record, 6-0 in UFC etc. Like you said you just have to watch the Perez fight to know that he's clearly not ready to compete for a title.

Yeah it's a lot easier to sell a title fight with a highlight like that (even though it's against Schnell) vs whatever the hell Mokaev was doing in his last fight lol. <Lmaoo>
Very much this. Steve is probably fighting for the title on a 12/12 DWCS contract too. Either Pantoja submits him or Erceg pulls out a miraculous KO and underdog story. Either way, it's very cheap for the UFC

Honestly, this idea that fighters need to train for 8-12 weeks for a fight is ridiculous.

Just thinking out loud, but UFC should create some sort of incentive program for fighters to stay in shape (at least close enough to make weight on relative short notice).

If fighters would regularly take fights with a 4 week fight camp it would significantly open up options.

Football coaches create game plans within days. It shouldn't take 6 weeks of game planning to know what the other fighter will do.

Be pretty wild if Erceg won and ended up a champion in less than a year from his Debut.

Crazy even though Erceg is ranked 10th currently coming off a win on Matt Schnell.

Via Ariel Helwani

I wonder if they will raise his ranking leading up to the title shot, as that is a move the UFC loves to do...

Or should I say, that is something that the "independent" media which surely operate completely on their own, have tended to do leading up to title shots.

Chito magically appeared in the top 5 when he was scheduled to rematch OMalley without beating anyone to rise in ranks.

One of the more exciting matchups I can think of. I'm down.

Who is this Michael Scott looking motherfucker. What is he gonna do?sell some paper to Pantoja? Who the fuck is this guy.

Back