alice in chains unplugged is the greatest thing MTV ever did

Unplugged started in '89, Nirvana wasn't the first.

Or did you mean first grunge act? Becauae if Pearl Jam is considered grunge, they did it in '92. I personally consider Pearl Jam just regular ol' alternative and not really grunge.
Pearl Jam was definitely grunge. It was a loosely defined genre, with elements of metal, punk, alternative and classic rock. But all the original bands were from Seattle or at least Pacific NW...and carried some of the dark, "no sunshine for the last 3 weeks" from that area into their music. Pearl Jam had a nice unplugged performance as well.

Nirvana had heavier punk influences as well as o.g. modern/college rock influences (and their earlier stuff on Bleach and Incesticide often had sludge influences),
As well as the Pixies, who did songs with the alternating heavy/loud and soft parts about 5 or 6 years before Nirvana. I believe Cobain acknowledged them as a big influence.

When the band started playing nutshell, Layne came to the stage stoned out of his mind and just hit the notes perfectly. It was really one of the best performances in history.

When the band started playing nutshell, Layne came to the stage stoned out of his mind and just hit the notes perfectly. It was really one of the best performances in history.

He was wearing gloves because his fingers were literally falling off from what i read is super sad. Was still an amazing performance and sucks there isnt music like this anymore really

Back