Movies ALIEN: ROMULUS (First Teaser Trailer)

Will inevitably watch it when it’s streaming.

Expectations aren’t too high. Read it was originally intended to be released on Hulu.

hell yeah this looks awesome. As someone who just watched the Evil Dead 2013 movie, this dude is going to go nuts if this is R rated. Stoked for more Alien movies.

good teaser. worst case scenario? it's a bloody (literally) fun sci fi thriller that's shot really well, in spite of any shortcomings (if any)

Pretty much my hope. I can't go in expecting a classic like the original. But an entertaining thrill ride? Alvarez can do that, and within an Alien film I think it could be a great combination.

hell yeah this looks awesome. As someone who just watched the Evil Dead 2013 movie, this dude is going to go nuts if this is R rated. Stoked for more Alien movies.

His Evil Dead movie was fucking intense. Even if you don't like the genre you can't deny that he delivered the goods on what that kind of movie should be. A couple silly things aside, it was extremely well done.

Ditto for Don't Breathe.

Looks better than anything we've gotten since at least Alien Resurrection. Also looks like "Alien: Isolation The Movie". I am definitely ok with that. Appears that we are finally getting a REAL Alien movie after decades of 'in name only' dogshit.
<mma4>

Wish the protag was more of a babe. She's kinda ugly.
<6>

I mean...ok. Alvarez said the same thing but I guess he's in on your big conspiracy.
Who cares what one dude in a giant movie machine says? What I said follows logically based on the history of the franchise and the state of film in general.

Who cares what one dude in a giant movie machine says? What I said follows logically based on the history of the franchise and the state of film in general.
Lol. Ok. So Ridley Scott helped make the movie, then denied it, and then the director of the movie took his help, only to then to make up a story about Scott not having helped and they both conspired to tell a lie about Scott being invited to a screening in which he had no idea as to the contents of the movie. Because "logically based history franchise state of film".

Last edited:
Not holding out too much hope for it, but it'll be a cinema trip no doubt.

I don't know why that dude saying "Run" sounded so off to me, but it took me completely out of the vibe both times I watched it.

Disturbing Horror vibe throughout the trailer. This could work if it's done well with a nice mix of anticipation & tension, contrasted with well done violence payoffs, but hopefully there's a well developed story to bring it home on top of all that.

Lol. Ok. So Ridley Scott helped make the movie, then denied it, and then the director of the movie took his help, only to then to make up a story about Scott not having helped and they both conspired to tell a lie about Scott being invited to a screening in which he had no idea as to the contents of the movie. Because "logically based history franchise state of film".
Woman prattle. Just take the L dude.

Looks like we're going back to the "horror" side of things with this one.

It's about time!
It's really kinda bizarre when you think about it that they never really went back to a full horror movie.

not really much to go on with the trailer so I'm keeping my expectations reserved but it did look a bit generic to me. The only other Fede Alvarez movie I've seen was his Evil Dead remake but I thought it sucked

My initial impression is that it's darker than the third season of Picard, the set appears soviet era repressed minimal, and the apparent lead character is quite similar to Ellen Ripley/Sigourney Weaver.

Last edited:
That looks like an easy IN so far!

<RomeroSalute>

Back