Movies Aliens (1986) vs. Zodiac (2007) vs. Blade Runner (1982)

Which one is the best out the three?

• Total voters
Zodiac

Just an extremely well done film of a true crime of interest. A movie that manages to stay suspenseful for two hours of police and journalistic procedure after the last known Zodiac murder, when anybody with the slightest idea of the case knows nobody else is going to get killed...or caught.

The other two movies are great as well but Zodiac is more in line with my favorite genres

Blade Runner is the "best" buy my personal favorite of the three is Aliens. Zodiac though? Wtf?

Aliens all day, everyday. The other two aren't in the same league lol

It's Fincher's best film.

Se7en
Fight Club
Gone Girl
The Game

All shit on Zodiac. I remember watching that movie (barely) and thinking "Well this is boring as fuck. When is something going to happen?"

I'm not sure why that movie gets so much love.

<{vega}>

Aliens by far.
Blade Runner is visually stunning (and hugely influential) but is massively overrated.
Zodiac is not worth a rewatch.

Love all 3 but Aliens in GOAT tier.

1. Aliens
2. Blade Runner
3. Zodiac

As a horror fanatic, aliens get the nod for me. But damn Prometheus really shit the bed hard.. it's not even 10% of the film aliens was.

Se7en
Fight Club
Gone Girl
The Game

All shit on Zodiac. I remember watching that movie (barely) and thinking "Well this is boring as fuck. When is something going to happen?"

I'm not sure why that movie gets so much love.

<{vega}>

Zodiac is better than all of them. Only Se7en is on par with it and lol at mentioning The Game or Gone Girl which are good but not masterpieces.

It’s a story that happened in real life, so it needs to show the events.

Zodiac is better than all of them. Only Se7en is on par with it and lol at mentioning The Game or Gone Girl which are good but not masterpieces.

It’s a story that happened in real life, so it needs to show the events.

Zodiac is a "masterpiece"? (You didn't say that, but you implied it by saying that Gone Girl and The Game aren't)

<Neil01>

I guess it could at least be a cure for insomnia. Not every real life crime story needs to be told, and certainly not in such a boring fashion.

But that's your opinion, and I can respect that you liked it better. I just don't agree that it was better.

Cheers.

Zodiac is a "masterpiece"? (You didn't say that, but you implied it by saying that Gone Girl and The Game aren't)

<Neil01>

I guess it could at least be a cure for insomnia. Not every real life crime story needs to be told, and certainly not in such a boring fashion.

But that's your opinion, and I can respect that you liked it better. I just don't agree that it was better.

Cheers.

Yes it is.

It’s not boring as it focuses on details, characters and the serial killer too.

Back