News Alistair Overeem tests positive after fight against Badr Hari

Here’s team Overeem’s reaction on the suspension

This is why I wish the specifics about the substance would just be disclosed.

If it is in fact some kind of pain med, even if against the rules and still warranting of the punishment, it would at least give Glory a better narrative if Overeem is to return and participate in the tournament.

They honestly shouldn't have even drug tested for this main event.
That's like not an option.

For people that haven't caught up the days of juiced up HW Kickboxers in a free for all with no testing has passed us by nearly 10 years ago.

Reactions: HHJ
Here’s team Overeem’s reaction on the suspension

lol I guess they have to say something.

Reem was a fuckin tank in this fight,10 yrs younger than he is,and Badr looked like a frail old man.

Did y’all see Reem’s current shape?

View attachment 987854

WOW, crazy. Looks like 2003 Pride WGP Overeem again, which was already in incredible shape...

OvereemBelfort130PrideGP051.jpg

Been following his career since the 2003 Pride HWGP. It's time to hang 'em up. His career lasted way longer than it seemingly should had. A lot of great memories with the Demolition Man.
An absolute legend of the fighting game!

UPDATE:

Alistair Overeem ain’t retired yet!

Like I said (in the thread), one of my colleagues (TjinMMA) from MainEventNL who’s friends with Overeem reached out to his management to ask about Reem’s “retirement-report”.

The management replied and told us it’s fake news. Reem ain’t retiring yet.
In the Dubai-interview Reem said he planned on retiring, but didn’t say “when” he was going to retire.
His management told us Overeem actually plans to fight 1 or 2 more times (I assume he’ll fight in GLORY’s 8-man heavyweight Grand Prix in December and then call it a day).
GLORY’s matchmaker Robbie Timmers also replied to me that he doesn’t know where all those “retirement-talks” are coming from.

First-hand information straight from Alistair Overeem’s management:

Go to the instagram-post and hit the translate button because it’s Dutch (and give us a follow;)), or here is the English translation:

Management: “He ain’t retired yet”

Wipe your tears, Overeem is not retired yet!

During an interview with @lovindubai Alistair Overeem stated that he has decided to stop fighting.

What he didn't announce is “when” he would.

Following the coverage of this news, we have contacted the management of 'The Reem' for a response.

His management stated that Overeem hasn't stopped fighting at all.

He is expected to do 1 or 2 more fights before he hangs up the gloves.

UPDATE:

Alistair Overeem ain’t retired yet!

Like I said (in the thread), one of my colleagues (TjinMMA) from MainEventNL who’s friends with Overeem reached out to his management to ask about Reem’s “retirement-report”.

The management replied and told us it’s fake news. Reem ain’t retiring yet.
In the Dubai-interview Reem said he planned on retiring, but didn’t say “when” he was going to retire.
His management told us Overeem actually plans to fight 1 or 2 more times (I assume he’ll fight in GLORY’s 8-man heavyweight Grand Prix in December and then call it a day).
GLORY’s matchmaker Robbie Timmers also replied to me that he doesn’t know where all those “retirement-talks” are coming from.

First-hand information straight from Alistair Overeem’s management:

Go to the instagram-post and hit the translate button because it’s Dutch (and give us a follow;)), or here is the English translation:

Management: “He ain’t retired yet”

Wipe your tears, Overeem is not retired yet!

During an interview with @lovindubai Alistair Overeem stated that he has decided to stop fighting.

What he didn't announce is “when” he would.

Following the coverage of this news, we have contacted the management of 'The Reem' for a response.

His management stated that Overeem hasn't stopped fighting at all.

He is expected to do 1 or 2 more fights before he hangs up the gloves.

If he fights in the grandprix he should get some horse kebab quick or he might actually get serious injuries this time around.

First big media outlet to spread our news:

“Dutch combat sports outlet Main Event NL, has reached out to Overeem's management after mainstream media picked up the news a couple days ago, to confirm that the Dutch legend will not retire. While he does indeed plan to leave combat sports soon, likely to promote his new lifestyle and perhaps work in the health industry, he still plans to fight one or two more times.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mezgomg
Back