Media Aljo drops down list of fighters that he has on his radar

filthybliss

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
He gives the options below. I personally don't mind Yair or Brian. It'd be more interesting to see him fight Yair for a title shot but Brian is more deserving of that opportunity atm.

A) Brian Ortega B) Yair Rodriguez C) Movsar EvloevD) Arnold AllenE) **Insert opponent here**

Link:

aljo beats them all by some loophole he exploits. that's his way. the dirtiest player in the game.

1. Evloev
2. Evloev
3. Evloev
4. Evloev
5. Evloev

Evloev is hands down the best fighter from that list, not to mention the toughest match up for Sterling by far and that's not even remotely close, though he has 1/10th the hype as the rest of them, and he would run through Sterling and he knows this.

Sterling can make any of his other fights boring by the way he typically fights and he definitely has the ability to beat everyone on that list outside Evloev.

Also, Sterling don't deserve any of these fights in my opinion in the first place, so a trick question.

I personally wanna see Evloev vs Ortega. Evloev deserves someone higher ranked, and Ortega can't say no to someone like Evloev either.

The best guillotine in the weight class vs the arguably best grappler in the weight class who leaves his neck out for guillotine all the time in his fights.

Also, Sterling don't deserve any of these fights in my opinion in the first place, so a trick question.

I personally wanna see Evloev vs Ortega. Evloev deserves someone higher ranked, and Ortega can't say no to someone like Evloev either.

The best guillotine in the weight class vs the arguably best grappler in the weight class who leaves his neck out for guillotine all the time in his fights.
Sterling should be closer to a title shot than Brian's third shot

1. Evloev
2. Evloev
3. Evloev
4. Evloev
5. Evloev

Evloev is hands down the best fighter from that list, not to mention the toughest match up for Sterling by far and that's not even remotely close, though he has 1/10th the hype as the rest of them, and he would run through Sterling and he knows this.

Sterling can make any of his other fights boring by the way he typically fights and he definitely has the ability to beat everyone on that list outside Evloev.

Evloev is Like sterling if sterling didn't have BJJ -- He's a wrestler who can't bust a grape with his hands and he barely squeaks by in a lot of his biggest wins. At least Sterling has submissions.

Not sure why people see Evloev as the worst match up for sterling. The only people to have definitively beaten Aljo were strikers in O'malley and Moraes, not wrestlers. Even Yan, who gave him fits, is a striker. The only wrestlers or grapplers to have beaten Aljo did so many years ago in controversial decisions.

Last edited:
He gives the options below. I personally don't mind Yair or Brian. It'd be more interesting to see him fight Yair for a title shot but Brian is more deserving of that opportunity atm.

A) Brian Ortega B) Yair Rodriguez C) Movsar EvloevD) Arnold AllenE) **Insert opponent here**

Link:

Id rather see him fight Ortega because he won't be able to lay and pray him like he did to Kattar.

Id rather see him fight Ortega because he won't be able to lay and pray him like he did to Kattar.

What a waste of a fight that was, and I knew it would be the whole time. Stupid match making. It always should have been Aljo against ortega and Kattar vs. Yair or barboza. UFC sucks at matchmaking featherweights. Let's hope they Give kattar a fight against Murphy or Lopes next.

What a waste of a fight that was, and I knew it would be the whole time. Stupid match making. It always should have been Aljo against ortega and Kattar vs. Yair or barboza. UFC sucks at matchmaking featherweights. Let's hope they Give kattar a fight against Murphy or Lopes next.

Yeah I never understood that choice of opponent for Aljo sir.
Hopefully what you said happens though, because Kattar and Lerone and Ortega and Aljo would definitely be the right matchups.

i dont ever want to see aljo fight again after his last performance against kattar.

he def doesnt deserve to fight ortega, ortega should have the next title shot imo.

He should fight Evloev. It is somewhat a safe matchup for him. It's a guy who wants to take him to the ground and isn't that dangerous on his feet. I think the issue is that beating Evloev doesn't get him closer to the title. He still has to fight a name like Ortega or Yair.

He should target Volk as Holloway is fighting for the belt next
Ex champ vs ex champ

Aljo vs Ortega could be decent

Evloev is Like sterling if sterling didn't have BJJ -- He's a wrestler who can't bust a grape with his hands and he barely squeaks by in a lot of his biggest wins. At least Sterling has submissions.

Not sure why people see Evloev as the worst match up for sterling. The only people to have definitively beaten Aljo were strikers in O'malley and Moraes, not wrestlers. Even Yan, who gave him fits, is a striker. The only wrestlers or grapplers to have beaten Aljo did so many years ago in controversial decisions.

I mean...Yair has such shit takedown defense and defensive grappling it's kinda pathetic he was ever a contender but the 145lb division is devoid of grapplers and pretty shallow. Yair has a marketable style and nationality that he got to coast on but is the easiest matchup for Aljo by a country mile.

Allen is probably the second easiest, a couple fatal flaws in Allen's game is that 1. He struggles to have the cardio to stand up to high pressure and 2. When guys wrestle him he has solid takedown defense but isn't the best at creating separation or landing meaningful strikes to punish. So I'd say Allen is a much easier stylistic fight for Aljo, much easier to exploit...tougher than Yair, easier than Movsar.

Ortega...well, being 2-3 in his last 5 and being passed around like a cheap whore for champs to beat the shit out of just doesn't make him the most exciting challenge. Plus, Ortegas takedown defense isn't great it's just not often tested anymore because of his notoriously dangerous submissions. That said, I feel like Aljo can pretty comfortably win a decision here just because if he needs the takedown it's always there, he's a great enough grappler to not get subbed. He gets to dictate this fight and has a lot of options because of that, nowhere is Ortega clearly better either.

I'd say quite clearly Evloev is the toughest fight. He's got the best striking defense out of all these guys, the best defensive wrestling, debatably the best cardio. He's the youngest, he's undefeated and nowhere that the fight goes does Aljo have a clear advantage. This would be two rams butting horns as far as I see it. I think Aljo knows this, but it's prize fighting and the bigger name and lower risk opponent is always the best choice. It's obvious Aljo knows this because he's pushing back from the UFCs interest in making this fight.

Evloev the Russian programmer will get the bots to do the work for him on this one.

1. Evloev
2. Evloev
3. Evloev
4. Evloev
5. Evloev

I think he's super overrated and evloev has nothing for him at all I see zero space in that fight where he's advantaged other than maybe size. Aljo does whatever he wants to him.

Back