Media All 3 judges gave Jiri round 1

Who did you score round 1 for?

• Total voters
So glad this doesn’t matter because Marc Goddard decided Jiri needs to be protected

A KO win renders this irrelevant.

Journey is just as important as destination. One or two major changes in camp affect the product of the fight. With a strong opinion like this, I'm sure you've got some real experience in the fight game to back up your assertion. Can you use this to clarify why you look and the "what" and not the "how"?

How can anyone be surprised? Top control on the ground has always seemed to negated everything else on judges' scorecards.

The rules were changed in large part to stop top control from being the game changer that it was previously. Judges still living in the past, calling it wrong though.

Damn it’s a real shame this fight wasn’t a 1 rounder.

Scored it for Alex, calf kicks themselves were the most significant part of the round.

I predicted Alex would win, but as soon as I saw Jiri wasn't going to fight like an idiot I was rooting for him.

Reactions: HHJ
Alex dropped him with a leg kick and had him reacting to every kick after that, he also had a guillotine for a moment before the takedown.
Jiri getting a takedown and doing nothing with it only for Alex to end the round on his feet isn't enough to swing him the round on a damage based scoring system

Just goes to show you absolutely nobody understands the rules. The new rules clearly state that damage > everything and Alex did far more damage

Alex dropped him with a leg kick and had him reacting to every kick after that, he also had a guillotine for a moment before the takedown.
Jiri getting a takedown and doing nothing with it only for Alex to end the round on his feet isn't enough to swing him the round on a damage based scoring system
Just goes to show ya how ufc judges fuck shit up. The fact all 3 of them gave it to jiri... ufc judging is never going to get any better

Rogan cumming in his pants over leg kicks made people think Alex dominated the round.

I think the feeling of danger was the reason people could feel like Jiri won round 1 but he didn't land any damage at all and had his leg battered.

Reminds me of the Val/Grasso round 5 fight where the feeling of a finish felt way closer than it actually was so judges scored it a 10-8 on the possibilty of a finish?
So A SINGLE judge scored it a 10-8*****

If Alex's grappling was so bad he wouldn't be taking no damage on the ground against Jiri and Jan and then beating them in the later rounds.
What the fuck kinda mental gymnastics logic is that?

Back