All Things XFL: A new promotional video says XFL will relaunch in 2022

When the XFL launches in February, in which of the following will you partake?

• Watching games on television

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • Attending live games

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Buying merchandise

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Asking local sports bars to show games

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters
Sign me up for a Renegades fan club membership. Big game Bob is putting on the headset, no Manziels taken, we good to go.

The XFL's draft will be October 15th and 16th.

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-players/xfl-draft-october-15th-16th/

XFLDraftLetter.jpg

Hopefully Dc gets a good football team

Day 1 of the XFL draft is ongoing and can be watched on You Tube:

Day 2 of XFL draft:

Last edited:
Ya know, I would mind one of these leagues a actually succeeding. Gives failed NFL prospects a second chance to hone their skills and improve, and continue to chase their dream. Granted there is the CFL, but come back success stories from there are far and few between.

Last edited:
So one of the drafted players has backed out, due to the standard contract being too low of wages. 27k per game. I can see how with no minimum guaranteed, a person could he apprehensive of being cut or injured after a game or two and not wanting to quit their day job for it.

Lol tho, XFL athletes are still getting paid more (assuming play 10 game season) than the majority on the UFC's roster making ~15k/15k and fighting 3 times a year (can't forget that cool 3.5k reebok money for newcomers)

So one of the drafted players has backed out, due to the standard contract being too low of wages. 27k per game. I can see how with no minimum guaranteed, a person could he apprehensive of being cut or injured after a game or two and not wanting to quit their day job for it.

Lol tho, XFL athletes are still getting paid more (assuming play 10 game season) than the majority on the UFC's roster making ~15k/15k and fighting 3 times a year (can't forget that cool 3.5k reebok money for newcomers)
I am confused amount the amount of 27 K that player is reporting because the XFL indicated there are 4 tiers that are all above that base salary. The highest tier makes 600 K for the season. Also, all players will make bonuses just for showing up for a game and additional bonuses for winning. Whatever that guy was actually offered, it is obviously what the XFL felt was his market value. If 27 K is the real bottom tier, I wonder why more players are not complaining, because that is certainly shit money.

It's obviously a personal decision he has to make, and he certainly can make more than that with his computer science degree, but playing would give him some game tape for a potential leap to the NFL.

That link there is interesting. 60-100k is alright pay but for all the wear and tear of football on the body I'm not sure, and it being by game so not insurance against getting cut or injured? To do a year or two of in hopes to keep the dream alive to make it into the nfl obviously it makes sense there.

Tier 3: $6,000-$10,000 / Game
The bulk of rosters will be filled here, as 23/45 spots consist of Tier 3 players. With annual earnings reaching into six figures, this will be particularly enticing for players coming out of college. While NCAA pay is still a hotly contested issue, the XFL has not issued eligibility requirements, so prospects looking to make a name for themselves while being paid will take a long look at the league.

Nevermind, I actually read it wrong. Not 27k per game, but 27k per year with 1.6k game bonuses and 2.2k win bonuses. If that's true, yuck.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4085110002

Edit: I think I figured it out. 2.7k base pay per game + 1.6k game bonus + 2.2k win bonus = $6,500 per game (65k a year) potentially which would put him in that XFL tier 3.

XFL advertises their pay including incentives, computer science guy with a brain says F that, that's only 27k salary and a chance at more. I'm not quitting my day job for that.

Last edited:
One of the most popular things about the original XFL, was the football. The new XFL just released their new ball(s), which are different for each team. Apparently they are also wrapped like turkeys for the holiday.
image.png.754b688a5e3c7b570c73395b3fe59c14.png

They also have "pepple grip technology" for better catching, which apparently the league worked on for a year.
Web_Slider_2032x1056_Team_Balls

Haven't paid any attention. Do they have a TV contract? Who will be broadcasting if so?

Haven't paid any attention. Do they have a TV contract? Who will be broadcasting if so?
FOX (legacy), ABC (legacy), ESPN, ESPN 2, FS1, FS2. Roughly half of the games will be broadcast on regular FOX and ABC, most of the other half will be on ESPN and FS1. A couple games will be on ESPN 2 and FS2. The championship game will be on ESPN.

Back