All Time GOAT poll

No . Fedor had better longevity. Fought undersized. Anderson had some more impressive wins but overall I'd say Fedor
I have GSP because he avenged his 2 losses and retired on top. People shit on him for the Hendricks rematch but he left at the right time. Not like most of these guys who continued on and got knocked out and embarrassed at the later stages of their career. Silva, Fedor, BJ etc

Fedor and GSP are tied with GSP ahead slightly ahead record wise, but Fedor slightly ahead dominance wise when it came to his prime era. GSP had losses peppered in his career that he avenged but they were still there, Fedor's 10 year unbeaten streak is the stuff of legends. Anderson fucked himself popping. It should be agreed upon that a proven steroid cheat cannot be in contention for GOAT.
MM for sure rounds out the top.
I have GSP because he avenged his 2 losses and retired on top. People shit on him for the Hendricks rematch but he left at the right time. Not like most of these guys who continued on and got knocked out and embarrassed at the later stages of their career. Silva, Fedor, BJ etc
Hendricks proved to be a case of "Man that guy was so much better before the testing." so I can't even hold that against GSP. Got out on top, Dana was mad because he didn't put the next guy over. MMA is more similar to wrestling than many of us would care to admit.

No bad losses in his career
Equally good or even better resume
Belt in two divisions

Its Jones, then the rest can fight for 2nd, 3rd etc

upload_2023-3-26_15-43-40.jpeg

How does that make GSP better than those guys just because he retired on top? Quitting makes you better than someone who keeps fighting??? Fedor and Anderson could have retired on top too but they kept fighting and taking the risk until someone finally ended their title reigns. GSP retired at 32 with less than 30 fights. Fedor and Anderson are warriors and fought into their mid 40's. Why would we punish Fedor and Anderson for still wanting to be competitive even after old age and serious mileage? I respect that more than a guy who quit right after he was gifted a controversial decision victory.

They're both GOAT's of their divisions, but Jones and IMO GSP are ahead of both of them

Fedor, Anderson, Jones, GSP, Mighty Mouse

All goats. No need to split hairs

Lmao nice joke. Fedor got ko’d by a mw in Hendo… padded record in the wwe of mma in pride .. Silva fought in a mediocre mw division and got destroyed at the end of his career multiple times.. Jones and Miocic are the true goats

No I put...Fedor with Cain...as the best ever.....DC and Stipe as competing...but JJ is right around the corner to beating Fedor and Cain imo......If JJ Beats an old Stipe...I wont be able to gauge it...Just like Stipe beating old DC in the 3rd fight..he looked horrible.

But Fedor and Cain imo are the two best ever, if you want to put one over the other, IDC really...I can't really say which one I think is better...Both in their prime, could have beaten the other imo.

It’s funny.

I realised this lately when I made a reference to Altimirano’s haircut being a homage to R9.

All these young folk are like “who?”.

First true time I felt ‘old’ as a sports fan.

Like legit, when I’m 45, people won’t even consider MJ. That’s a scary thought lol. Steph Curry will be ‘old school’.

All that said, Anderson for me is still the GOAT. I know it’s a tad biased, I get it. But with all that said, I realised lately, these opinions are dying a hard death.

Fedor being the HW GOAT is now a sin, crazy lol.

I'd say Fedor and GSP tied. Jon Jones is right there though. A couple more wins he's the GOAT.

Didn't mean to do that, phone is bugged on

this site

Fedor and then all else. the level of competition fedor cleared out and his win streak has been unbeaten. until then, the others are simply other farm animals grazing.

Fedor and then all else. the level of competition fedor cleared out and his win streak has been unbeaten. until then, the others are simply other farm animals grazing.

Fedor by far has the worst resume out of all these fighters being mentioned. Never beat a well rounded fighter, beat old one dimensional relics from the 90s and his best wins are still opponents who were one dimensional, and his record is Littered with cans and freakshow fights. All of a sudden that "decade streak" amounts to very little in the grand scheme of things.

The big 3(Jones, Silva, GSP) did not have pro wrestlers/freakshows, no-names, guys with almost no fights right in the middle of their streaks to extend the longevity.

The bottomline is Fedor fans had their creative way of using propaganda to make him appear as the GOAT. This did not hold up as people started seeing through it.

Fedor by far has the worst resume out of all these fighters being mentioned. Never beat a well rounded fighter, beat old one dimensional relics from the 90s and his best wins are still opponents who were one dimensional, and his record is Littered with cans and freakshow fights. All of a sudden that "decade streak" amounts to very little in the grand scheme of things.

The big 3(Jones, Silva, GSP) did not have pro wrestlers/freakshows, no-names, guys with almost no fights right in the middle of their streaks to extend the longevity.

The bottomline is Fedor fans had their creative way of using propaganda to make him appear as the GOAT. This did not hold up as people started seeing through it.
pride fc had without a doubt the better HW roster than UFC, at that time. you are a noob, and know nothing. you lack perspective and nuance. that is all.

I’d say Fedor’s the greatest HW and Silva is the greatest MW, neither are GOAT imo.
I’d have picked Jones, but dude’s cheated more than he defended his title.
GSP is teh GOAT.

pride fc had without a doubt the better HW roster than UFC, at that time. you are a noob, and know nothing. you lack perspective and nuance. that is all.

Yes, correct, at THAT time. An earlier time in MMA where most fighters were one dimensional. Fedor was one of the only ones who was well rounded and he feasted on the former.

The fact is if you take that 9.5 year winning streak and take out all of the trashy fights against pro wrestlers, freakshows, MW's, rookies etc. you would find 10+ of those, and you can take 3 to 4 years out of that timeframe and Fedor would barely have a half a decade of winning against one dimensional HW's.

Impressive for the time, but not a P4P GOAT or even HW GOAT. Silva, GSP and many others could have reigned 10+ years too with that level of opposition. Khabib essentially has the same type of padded record as Fedor but nobody serious ranks him #1.

The outdated "10 year-30 fights unbeaten" claim is so full of holes and easily dismissed, only on sherdog does it still hold up.

Back