All you dummies not watching Mr Inbetween

Why was I not informed about this before!

Awesome show. Just finished season 3.

Love his psychopath smile.

I watched about 4 episodes and it's pretty damn boring.

I seen season 1 it was decent . I think I heard the rest was a let down . Did I hear wrong an it gets better

Season two just ended.

If you like great television, you cannot miss this show.

Find a way to watch it immediately.

@ThulsaDooom knows.

I just finished the season two finale and I'm actually angry nobody here is watching it.

I watched it. There should've been two more seasons. It wasn't too bad.

I seen season 1 it was decent . I think I heard the rest was a let down . Did I hear wrong an it gets better

Definitely heard wrong or you were just misinformed. The show keeps getting better and better as the episodes/seasons go by.

It’s streaming on amazon. I recommend you watch it before finishing the series

I did it after season 2.
I liked it. Also finished season 3. Great ending!
Overall, one of my favorite series, I enjoyed all the seasons.

There's also this short story, but cannot find it right now
Magic Happens: The Story of 'The Magician'
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1332552/?ref_=nm_ov_bio_lk3

Also, no idea if they are related
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280962/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_t_2
Mr In-Between (2001) - A hitman falls in love with an old friend and starts questioning the meaning of life. In HD.

The actor who plays Gary has this short sketch

Last edited:
Ok they finally started airing season 1 episodes so I can actually start watching this show.

But what's this? It's based on a ten year old movie called the magician? Well shit, the completist in me won't let me start this show until I see that.

But it only cost 99 cents to rent it from Amazon so I'm watching it now.

And now I'm going to disappear from this thread to avoid spoilers.

I will check that one out. I initially thought that was Willem Dafoe.

5LJqNTv.png

Listen to this.

Unfortunately the third season winds up back in that zone.

Love the show but I do think Season 3 was a bit of a let down. For the final season not much was happening.

Listen to this.

Unfortunately the third season winds up back in that zone.

THE MAGICIAN (2005) is the demo tape, recorded on a 4-track in someone’s basement; MR. INBETWEEN is the polished album made in a professional recording studio, the fully realized dream.

Loved season 3 myself, didn’t feel a dip. My only minor irk was literally the music choice at the very last second of the series, otherwise I thought it was frikkin incredible from beginning to end

Season two just ended.

If you like great television, you cannot miss this show.

Find a way to watch it immediately.

@ThulsaDooom knows.

I just finished the season two finale and I'm actually angry nobody here is watching it.

Thanks for the heads, up as I never heard of this show. I binged it and it was great. 9/10

Am familiar with The Magician and Man bites dog from years back.

But I can only watch this if I buy it or pay for yet another subscription service. Which isn't gunna happen.
Was willing to give it a go though

Just finished the series. Really enjoyed it.

I also love how they never explain the name of the show, because once you get what's it's about, then the meaning behind name becomes obvious.

But it's more than just a simple "oh he's caught between two worlds."

Mr. In-between is from an old song. The relevant lyrics are:

You gotta accentuate the positive (which Ray does. He's always trying to be a good person, good father, good friend)

Eliminate the negative (Ray literally eliminates a lot of bad people, and the ones he doesn't kill, he eliminates their negative contribution to the world by teaching them some humility).

Latch on to the affirmative but don't mess with Mr. In-between (this is another layer since ray it's such a badass and anyone who double crosses him ends up regretting it, so yeah, don't mess with him. But it's also a commentary on how Ray is screwing himself by being in between. There are tons of contradictions that cause him problems because he's got one foot in each world.)

Here's the song for all those too young to know it

Finished season 3 yesterday and now I’m left here feeling empty that we won’t be getting any more. Feels like there was a ton of life left in this show if they kept it going for another 1-2 seasons.

I heard someone say this show is Breaking Bad meets Curb Your Enthusiasm and I feel that’s a perfect way to describe it. Hopefully more people catch on to this show because it deserves all the success and recognition in the world.

Back