Am I an old man or does modern rap music suck?

the mainstream stuff is never the good stuff,for example the best punk has to offer is not blink 182 or green day.

I can't stand the whole "mumble rap" shit. I get the weirdest bones from some Young,Thug tracks though...
You just have to take it with a HUGE grain of salt. Some of it is catchy but the lyrics are horrible in a lot of rap.
So young thug gives you boners? Eww

I'm a product of the 90s so all of my favorite rap is from then. So I agree with the sentiment.

To be fair though, I don't know that anyone growing up in this era would think 90s rap is any good either. Don't get me wrong I still hear current rap music from time to time that I do like, it's all about the style.

I can't stand this wocka flocka bullshit style of rap though.

Brooklyn rap game is solid still present day but lots of them aren't super mainstream like flatbush zombies underachievers, Stann Smith and Mekado

All that they play on the radio on the rap stations AND I MEAN EVERYTHING is absolute garbage.

This new wave of Mumble Rap is terrible and really says more about modern society and how we enourage stupidity and ignorance over everything else.

But then again I think record execs sign and push this crap on the public in an attempt to keep society stupid. *tin foil hat*

i'm black, but me think one day my race decided adopt a pussy ass bitch look.

Sorry but this shit aggrivates he hell out of me, in short yes rap is bad

Ugh.. this thread again. No rap doesn't suck. Most of the rap promoted in the mainstream is garbage yes.

However we are in a new golden era of rap and hip hop. J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, lil dicky, Flatbush zombies, Hopsin, Denzel Curry, Royce da 5-9

Dont forget the Underachievers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back