Am I being too negative or did Dustin look like s***?

I think he looked good. He's getting old. lol. But he was looking pretty young in there and he was fighting a BEAST.

only thing I didnt like is him draped over the fence glazing the Trump family like they wouldnt use his children's skin as leather bags
TDS is real

He looked rough in the first round but he's always a slow starter and he was fighting a killer.

As soon as he shook off the jitters he looked like the divisional top-5 that he is. And when he threw strikes he looked very sharp

The repeated attempts for guillotine were bizarre, especially when he was getting stuck in bad positions every time.

You could see the moment where his brain clicked and he realized "ok no more guillotines" and he ended the fight with strikes seconds later

The 1st round pressure from BSD was like walking into a meat grinder. His corner may have been yelling at him to stop going for the chokes but at least if you're forcing an opponent to defend a choke and bringing them to the ground you're slowing the pace, and stopping them standing right in your face and teeing off on you.

His boxing still looked great and that KO was beautiful. The follow up strike was also devastating.

What's he supposed to do, starch a hyper aggressive did with 1 shot?

I love that Poirier somehow became a devastating power puncher later in his career.

And none of his opponents seem to realize it. They all go balls to wall against him.

Yeah he looked like shit getting an absolutely sick KO over a massive hype train you are dead on the money

He looked slow, stiff.... like he was stuck in the mud.

He fought a very aggresive opponent, he was just adapting.

that being said, he shoud either drop the guillotine as a sub in mma, or make it work as a defensive tool for a better positioning; the times he attempted it it was useless but once he got it as a control/positioning weapon he was better.

Or work out the basics, it's amazing he always does the guillotine and never submits someone.

Hahaha. Dustin literally looked like he could finish the fight at any point. via choke or ko. Some of you were fooled by the 'barrage of badness' from Benoit.
None of his many choke attempts were anywhere near threatening a finishing opportunity

That version of DSD going berserker probably pressures/wins the first round against anyone except maybe Islam, unless he gets KOd/subbed in the process.

But he completely gassed himself out in the process. All Dustin had to do was weather the storm without taking damage and then return fire. Which he did.

Even the dumb attempts at guillotines might have helped since it led to more grappling and BSD tiring quicker.

Also Dustin has confidence in his ground game to go for those guillotine. He got out of trouble each time.

It was 2:38 of the second.

Poirier was drowning. BSD is a psycho and didn't respect that power though.
Drowning? He ended the fight without a mark on his face. If you’ve never watched a Poirier fight I can see why you’d think he was in trouble. If you’ve watched Poirier’s career, you’d know he wasn’t in any real trouble.

BSD was impressive for sure. His clinch-work, pressure and aggression were all aspects that looked very good. But never once did I think Dustin was “drowning”. He never looked like the fight was about to be called.

Other than the ill advised guillotine attempts I thought he looked good. Rogan was acting like he was exhausted but the fight was at a furious pace and both men looked about equally tired IMO.

Back