AMAZON PRIME & PBC agree to a deal

Rick Glaser said today that the Netflix story was bs floated by Al Haymon to improve the Amazon offer. Rick Glaser might be full of shit, so who knows. Amazon would be great as long as it’s for more than just ppv distribution. You can’t grow or develop fighters strictly through ppv.
IDK Netflix just doesn’t make sense on a brand that constantly depletes wherever it goes ? Netflix isn’t a boxing or combat anything it usually actually gets stick for controversy so it tends to be watered down aimed at family based themes beyond horror/ thrillers so I would assume boxing would be viewed as a poor choice as it’s live event of guys trying to hurt each other ? Idk .

I read some boxing expert on twitter say that the Amazon deal was for PPV distribution only, and they wouldn’t be a regular streaming partner. So no monthly shows with PBC the way they do with OneFC.

I’d prefer DAZN myself because i thought their boxing programming was pretty good when I subscribed. They also did a decent job pushing the product, whereas Amazon seems indifferent to combat sports. It’s all just content to them.
Boxing expert … Rick glazer … ? A PBC hater

Was watching post fight ufc 295, Dana saying ufc fight pass could end up being the home of big time boxing now that Showtime & HBO have moved on. I was like laughing then thought well if it is just PBC Pay-for-Views on fight pass why not....?

Was watching post fight ufc 295, Dana saying ufc fight pass could end up being the home of big time boxing now that Showtime & HBO have moved on. I was like laughing then thought well if it is just PBC Pay-for-Views on fight pass why not....?
They will never pay Al’s asking price …. They don’t even pay their fighters

They will never pay Al’s asking price …. They don’t even pay their fighters
Yeah Al Haymon would be expensive and Fight Pass is cheap but do pay their fighters never heard differently, and have been expanding into other combat sports. It is quite a step up for UFC Fight Pass but not impossible.

Yeah Al Haymon would be expensive and Fight Pass is cheap but do pay their fighters never heard differently, and have been expanding into other combat sports. It is quite a step up for UFC Fight Pass but not impossible.
Ufc is cheap as fuck … they are not making a deal with Haymon … they will work with Tom Loaffler and 360 promotions who is a smaller show

Boxing isn't going to find a stable network unless it downsizes its own costs. The sport is pretty much being funded by a genie right now. Even if it finds a good backer there's this constant expectation of "wtf are they doing now"

Boxing isn't going to find a stable network unless it downsizes its own costs. The sport is pretty much being funded by a genie right now. Even if it finds a good backer there's this constant expectation of "wtf are they doing now"
If by network you mean big tech (youtube, netflix, amazon and apple) they have endless cash and will gobble up the old remaining networks and movie studios, but youre right, somehow I think those Canelo and Mayweather paydays are numbered and we wont hear about them anymore in the near future, big tech play by different rules

Regular Amazon Prime shows and also PPV events …

I'm not exactly excited for that. Dangerously niche

I'm dropping my showtime subscription, hopefully this gets clarified soon.

Back