• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AMC's Interview with a Vampire TV Series

I did not even know the second episode was out yet (no pun). Will check it out.

The first episode is full pulp and I hope that they just keep doubling down on it
Yeah, I like that they're going all in on it.
They've also set up a path for the show to go to in the current day, so it has a lot of potential, imo.

Louis, heir to a plantation in the novel, is now Mulatto. How many non-white guys were heir to plantations which used Black slaves? They changed the timeline to make this more plausible.

Actually there were some.

One of the first big legal cases on slavery in US history involved a black land owner and an African slave.

The slave argued to the court that he was an indentured servant and should have been released after completing his contract, the black land owner argued he owned the man for life.

The court sided with the landowner.

That was in Virginia ~ 1655, the case of John Casor and Anthony Johnson. Anthony Johnson was a freed black man and the court declared John Casor to be Anthony Johnson's property for life.

vampire sex.png
I think they got the ghey out out of the way and they can continue with the story now. I will watch a few more episodes tonight. It's really not that bad. I don't even think this series is woke. The only few instances is maybe Lestat defends Louie against rich people at a card game that called him niBBa. Give it a shot. It's not a great epic but it's not a terrible story.

Last edited:
Some stuff is goofy if you change swap the race but in this case they changed the story to account for the race swap. This swap isn't that bad. I can't stand fantastic 4 black Johnny Storm. It makes no fucking sense. They should make Sue a black woman too but people don't like the interracial marriage.

Last edited:
I saw the first episode and the wife and I enjoyed it. We have not read the books at all, so our only reference point is the Pitt and Cruise film. And that was long ago, so there are no memory bias for this show. Overall, we both enjoyed it and will keep tuning in. Grey Worm is a good actor. The scene with Louie and his brother on the roof was good. Shocked me.

Randomly decided to watch the first episode and was pleasantly surprised. The beginning was a little iffy but it kept getting better and was actually somewhat enthralled by it at the end. Despite being a reboot, it seemed entirely original and there was a lot of very creative choices that worked well. Worth noting also, the guy playing Lestat is really good. Definitely going to watch more.

I saw the first episode and the wife and I enjoyed it. We have not read the books at all, so our only reference point is the Pitt and Cruise film. And that was long ago, so there are no memory bias for this show. Overall, we both enjoyed it and will keep tuning in. Grey Worm is a good actor. The scene with Louie and his brother on the roof was good. Shocked me.

Grey Worm.... I thought that I had seen that actor before but I did not make the connection for some reason.

I was half asleep when I was watching this.
First off, Dubai isn't a good place for gheys or vampires to hangout at. It makes no sense. I don't get why Louis went to the rival brothel to bang broads. He has his own hookers. Also this show isn't quite woke. The blonde vampire ghey pretty much used his powers to turn out the black guy. That's sexual assault! Brother! LOL at the floating sex.

They should casted Ruby Rose or some nonbinary chick as the Lestat lead. I think Anne Rice wanted a female to play Lestat originally.
Despite the butch haircut ....... with Hair Ruby Rose actually isn't that bad looking at all kinda like UFC Rose

Despite the butch haircut ....... with Hair Ruby Rose actually isn't that bad looking at all kinda like UFC Rose
I don't know much about her acting. I am assuming they need someone to look sexy to seduce a dude.

I am waiting to see what happens to the rest of the story. I was wondering if Lestat killed Louie's brother.

How much buttsecks?

Edit: watching it now

Sure it is. If you have money, you can do whatever TF you want there, and no one is going to get in your business.

Fook that. Ruby Rose is ass cancer. The show would be cancelled by episode 6 if she was helming it.

Guys please dont make jokes. This is a serious thread about a serious topic. I will no doubt watch this and enjoy as a fan of the movie.

I don't know much about her acting. I am assuming they need someone to look sexy to seduce a dude.

I am waiting to see what happens to the rest of the story. I was wondering if Lestat killed Louie's brother.

I think he kind of referenced that at the end, right? Mind fucked him enough to have him dip out. Unless that was Louie just faulting Lestat for his brother's own crazy actions.

I think he kind of referenced that at the end, right? Mind fucked him enough to have him dip out. Unless that was Louie just faulting Lestat for his brother's own crazy actions.
Maybe I missed that part. Towards the end I was a bit sleepy. I can't wait to catch up on it later.

Actually there were some.

One of the first big legal cases on slavery in US history involved a black land owner and an African slave.

The slave argued to the court that he was an indentured servant and should have been released after completing his contract, the black land owner argued he owned the man for life.

The court sided with the landowner.

That was in Virginia ~ 1655, the case of John Casor and Anthony Johnson. Anthony Johnson was a freed black man and the court declared John Casor to be Anthony Johnson's property for life.
Damn, even back then Anthony Johnson hit really hard.

Alright, so through two episodes I am not being drawn into the story like I anticipated. It is kind of boring right now, and I am on the fence of giving it one more episode. I was hoping this would be better, but I am just not feeling it.

Alright, so through two episodes I am not being drawn into the story like I anticipated. It is kind of boring right now, and I am on the fence of giving it one more episode. I was hoping this would be better, but I am just not feeling it.

I'm just struggling to think of what could actually be done in series form. It doesn't seem like a story that can stretched too long. Like, is this interview gonna last six years, or some shit?

Back