Anderson crossed over to boxing and he WON!

So is the time finally right for Silva vs RJJ? I say why the hell not. We're in an era of freakshow boxing fights so this wouldn't exactly be a hard sell. Anderson has more than earned it with his performance last night and Jones is always looking for a payday.

The media wants him to surpass Jordan so badly but he never will.
His personality is shit at times, and its really obvious. Not that jordan was a saint, but he still passes dad approval. That to me makes the difference

AFter Vitor KOs De La Hoya, we are gonna see Vitor vs Silva this year

Silva is still one of the best strikers ever in MMA.

Finally MMA gets it's redemption after paul embarrassed MMA.. Good for Anderson.. I had to look twice to realize he just turned 46.. Amazing.
Anderson should call out the Paul brothers, Anderson would get a huge payday

JCC jr used to fight at 154...fought Canelo at 164 three years ago and lost every round 120-108

Couldn't make 182 for this fight so he obviously didn't train much.

Silva won a split decision, close on all three cards so the highlights don't tell the full story.

Still good for 46 but let's not get too excited about a boxing career going forward.

For JCC jr this was his typical disappointing performance.
Did you watch the fight? Or pull the split decision information from Wikipedia? Serious question.

You’re trolling or blind.

I was going crazy watching this last night. Silva has always been one of my favorite fighters, and I thought he was crazy taking this fight. He proved me, and a lot of people wrong last night.

<BC1><{silvanormal}>

I am happy for silva. I didn't think he would win not because he wasn't good enough but rather because he's been looking real old in his last few fights.

I mean it wasn't surprising seeing him defensively evade chavez while getting a couple of good licks in. Anderson Silva always had a great defense. I still wouldn't want to see him against any power punchers in the same weight class

I'm more of a casual these days as it's too damn hard to keep up with the boxing. But I would assume that he would be knocked out by a top 15 guy. For what it's worth I don't think Chavez could best one either.

But even at 46 I bet Anderson could beat someone like the guy Badou Jack just beat on the Paul Maywesther undercard. I've always thought he would fair well in boxing. I didn't want Roy to ever fight him because Roy's been shot for almost 20 years.

He possibly could. Anderson as I said honestly seems to be quite gifted as a boxer. He looked absolutely magnificent for 46. I'd say the same thing for a pro boxer as well. Especially at that age.

I feel some people have hijacked a wonderful moment for Anderson to use it to praise MMA. Because of the the fucking Paul brothers or whatever.

It's completely bizarre to me. Other sports stars change sports. It's not uncommon. Michael Jordan, Freddie Flintoff etc.

Some do well, some are awful. Surely this would have more to do with the individual, their circumstances i.e age, actual experience etc and their competition than the institution they came from?

Anyone on here who says Chavez Jnr represents boxing will be met by despair by anyone who has followed his career. He gave up caring a long time ago. Boxing has 4 champions in each weight class so you could argue that he is top 4 at one point. That wouldn't even be that accurate given the utter favouritism he received throughout his career.

If BJ Penn got beaten in an MMA fight by a pro boxer now. Say someone with some grappling experience to measure against AS boxing experience. Would anyone be massively shocked if he lost? It would somewhat surprising but you wouldn't be completely shocked.

Lol at anyone who thinks this is impressive. Two washed up old dudes fighting. Throw Anderson in there with a 25 year old no name boxer and see what happens. Old men have no business fighting.

Prime Anderson Silva is the GOAT MMA boxer

The repeated failed drug tests and getting knocked out by Weidman are the only blemishes on a legendary career.

Can’t help but be happy for the guy right now, this was an incredible feat. Hopefully he gets the RJJ fight

Eh, a bigger guy with previous boxing experience that spent his MMA career as a striker beat a washed up bum that continually disappointed his father.

Iz normull

<6>

Back