Anderson should have stopped after bonnar

FrenchHeavyWeight

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

33-4 is his real record for me,
everything after that was only for the money.

till this day people are still mad but i really think he gave his belt to Chris,
no more passion for MMA fights were just another day for him.

Who knows if he would have won?
after this he was completely done but this Silva was a late prime version just before usada

After USADA you mean

lol

But he’s still my GOAT, equal with Fedor

He still fought a competitive fight against a much younger Adesanya not too long ago.

Imagine the Anderson of ten years ago facing him!

till this day people are still mad but i really think he gave his belt to Chris,

after this he was completely done but this Silva was a late prime version just before usada

13828041954463.jpg

<6>
He's had some really questionable fights in the last few years from DC to Can on ear and Israel. It doesn't feel right to watch a legend hang on for too long, just like watching Fedor losing to guys he'd have smashed 15 years ago.

I don't think his standing would make a difference in the longrun if he retired right after then. Yeah he wouldnt have the horrible losses, but Ali has a bunch of horrible losses and he could've retired much earlier and that didn't hamper his career. Even Roy Jones if he retired after beating Ruiz, yeah he would've looked mythical but in a sense Roy having all those losses made his prime look even more mythical in a sense. Going back to Anderson anyway, I don't think it would've made much of a difference because his legacy was already cemented and you can just see how difficult it is for people to remain champ after he lost the belt that showcase his greatness. Hell, it was just recently that the number of days he lost the belt equaled the amount of time he was a champion yet everyone is playing musical chairs with it at the moment. You can look it at that way, or you can see that people who always retire early get questioned in their legacy that they only retired because they didn't stick around long enough to start accumulating losses.

Penn should have stopped after Diego. Chuck should have stopped after the Ortiz rematch

How would he have known he would lose to Weidman? Really easy thing to say in retrospect

Last edited:
if he can see the future like you he would stop. Hell, every fighters should travel back in time and stop fighting after they last win streak. Fedor and Cain should stop before they faced Werdum, Aldo should stop before he faced Conor, Cruz should stop before he faced Cody,...

Last edited:

008.png

Yeah, he should, but I can't blame him exactly.. It seems he likes to fight and is most likely being paid pretty well, only Sherdoggers are suffering from that lol

Maybe after that Cannonier fight he should call it a day.. Cannonier lost me as fan right there, kind of an allowed low blow.

"gave his belt to Chris"

this is just fucking sad. grow up.

its weird how he adamantly tried his absolute fucking hardest to avoid fighting Chris, only to then decide to "gift" his belt to him.

When I first saw the thread title, I thought it said that he should have stopped after "Boner", so I thought it referred to the Dick Pill bust

Back