Anderson Silva says DC fight is on

I guess I'm one of the minority that thinks Silva's chances of winning aren't completely unrealistic.

Silva can be deadly in the clinch, is a better striker, and is dangerous off of his back. Cormier strength is taking the fight to the ground, and I know he can probably get the takedowns easy enough, but can he actually work the top control and bust Silva up? He's pretty collected and good at avoiding damage from the top, and Cormier's size advantage might work against him.

Anderson Silva winning the LHW belt in 2016 would probably be the most ridiculous thing to ever happen in MMA history. Well, at least right after Matt Serra winning the WW belt.

dnB4qqk.jpg
Lmao you win. Love that film btw... classic.

He hasn't won a fight in 4 years and isn't top ranked by serious MMA websites. He's irrelevant.
Lol irrelevant? He's the only one that can save this card! There isn't a single other fight that could generate as much hype on short notice.

Didn't Dana deny this?.. but if this does go down Silva is in for a rude awakening. DC ain't playing games.... he's pissed that Jones pulled out. He's out for blood, I'm scared for the person who faces him.

I guess I'm one of the minority that thinks Silva's chances of winning aren't completely unrealistic.

Silva can be deadly in the clinch, is a better striker, and is dangerous off of his back. Cormier strength is taking the fight to the ground, and I know he can probably get the takedowns easy enough, but can he actually work the top control and bust Silva up? He's pretty collected and good at avoiding damage from the top, and Cormier's size advantage might work against him.
25%

this is a terrible style fight for Anderson, especially on 24 hours notice :/ . He will be taken down and beaten up.

Combate announced it. They are usually right about everything.

Lol irrelevant? He's the only one that can save this card! There isn't a single other fight that could generate as much hype on short notice.

You think he will actually take this fight?

Let's wait and see until it's official.

Didn't Dana deny this?.. but if this does go down Silva is in for a rude awakening. DC ain't playing games.... he's pissed that Jones pulled out. He's out for blood, I'm scared for the person who faces him.
Being pissed at Jones isn't going to make Cormier a better striker against Silva.

I hope it's not true. I don't want to see Anderson lose again :/

If Anderson was offered the fight he would take it. I hope it is true and they offered it to him. I just want to see Anderson fight again.

Anderson Silva is boasting he's the one who was picked to replace Jon Jones in the UFC 200 fight against Daniel Cormier, but our UFC sources say no decision has been made.

We're told there are 3 contenders for the spot and Silva is indeed one of them. But UFC honchos are still meeting and they haven't picked anyone at the time of this post.

We're told there's a complication for Silva ... he just had gallbladder surgery and there are questions about his physical fight-worthiness for a match in just 48 hours.*or ability to pass PED tests*

We'll let you know ... stay tuned.

--TMZ

---

Dana White confirmed Cormier will still fight at UFC 200 and hopes to have an opponent announced today. He told Fox Sports’ Colin Cowherd several fighters had shown interest in stepping in, but ruled out new middleweight champion Mike Bisping who he said was “in no condition” to fight Cormier.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/jo...n/news-story/9697d9e4e9930037bf66f49ebd4f3b2d

When the fuck did TMZ become one of the top MMA sites, they break shit before any of these fuckers do.

Back