Anderson Silva vs Yoel Romero

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
How on earth even prime silva could beat Romero?

He have iron chin, explosivity, power, wrestling, agressivity, confidence, not scared at all

He is everything Silva hate, the same Prime Silva who struggled against the average Sonnen

I dont want to shit on a legend like Silva but come on he cant beat Romero that's obvious

Silva get exposed as soon the new generation of MW came to him

Silva would be a gatekeeper in this actual era with weidman, romero, moussasi, rockold, adesanya, whittaker and even costa

He was not able to pass weidman but almost all the MW i named run through weidman

Last edited:
Two counter strikers and Romero freezes again and Anderson gets a decision win. Those fights might look great on paper but if you analyse it, it would be nothing like you think

I don't wanna shit on your thread but your thread is shit.
Check out how Romero lost to Adesanya and you might get a clue how Silva has a way to victory.

NaturalFarEeve-max-1mb.gif

Romero doesn't even need to use his wrestling to beat silva tbh.

Check out how Romero lost to Adesanya and you might get a clue how Silva has a way to victory.
Silva doesn't have the leg kicks and range weapon of adesanya. Seriously when's the last time you see silva throw leg kicks? Against Maia?

That fight would have been absolutely horrible to watch. I don't think I'd have managed to stay awake for long enough to find out who won.

That wasn't prime Romero, and Izzy might have better TDD than Silva.

That wasn't prime Romero, and Izzy might have better TDD than Silva.

Romero rarely utilized his wrestling for offense and never for lay and pray or going for submissions. He used to go for an explosive takedown every now and then to try some burst ground and pound. If he wasn't succesfull with the gnp, he would let the other fighter scramble away and then assume his usual counter-striking position.

Romero being a wrestling threat is one of the biggest myths in MMA. He used it mostly defensively. Also Romero has 0 submission wins.

I don't think prime Romero beats prime Anderson. Don't see it. Anderson was fast enough to evade the punch and on top of that had the chin to eat it. Romero wasn't able to put away Robert Whittaker, whom I like a lot (hard to dislike The Reaper), but his chin is not great. Prime Anderson decisions him and breaks his hands in Romero's face.

Running away and hiding behind the ref ? :D

You know he's the only elite MMA fighter to ever hide behind a ref right?

Romero wasn't able to put away Robert Whittaker, whom I like a lot (hard to dislike The Reaper), but his chin is not great.
{<huh}
Whittaker has a damn good chin, what are you on about?

Two counter strikers and Romero freezes again and Anderson gets a decision win. Those fights might look great on paper but if you analyse it, it would be nothing like you think
Romero from 5 years dumps him on his head like he did Machida. Current Romero you're right

Romero from 5 years dumps him on his head like he did Machida. Current Romero you're right
Anderson still has better guard game than him. Machida is hard to takedown but once he gets taken down he has no idea what to do. Romero could get him down, but im no sure whether he would finish him

Romero rarely utilized his wrestling for offense and never for lay and pray or going for submissions. He used to go for an explosive takedown every now and then to try some burst ground and pound. If he wasn't succesfull with the gnp, he would let the other fighter scramble away and then assume his usual counter-striking position.

Romero being a wrestling threat is one of the biggest myths in MMA. He used it mostly defensively. Also Romero has 0 submission wins.

I don't think prime Romero beats prime Anderson. Don't see it. Anderson was fast enough to evade the punch and on top of that had the chin to eat it. Romero wasn't able to put away Robert Whittaker, whom I like a lot (hard to dislike The Reaper), but his chin is not great. Prime Anderson decisions him and breaks his hands in Romero's face.
Yes I'm aware Yoel wasn't a successful amateur wrestler because of his takedowns, he scored his points with tilts and turns, and defensive techniques on top, so that's why his style isn't as effective in MMA. Prime Romero would still have some nice takedowns to steal some close rounds against Anderson, though.
ql9YDL3.gif
giphy-downsized.gif

CraftyFinishedDegus-size_restricted.gif

Yoel-Machida-smash.gif

Last edited:
This is how boring MMA is right now. We make hypotheticals between 45 yr olds.

Prime Romero would still have some nice takedowns to steal some close rounds against Anderson, though.

That's true, I agree here. Younger Romero was more exciting with mixing in the takedowns and bursting more often.

People really do wear rose tinted glasses when they talk about Romero don't they?

Back