Social Animal consciousness. Does it change your perspective?

I'm not adding anyone to my ignore list just for disagreeing with me, disagreements are part of life. But I'm not tolerating passive-aggressive comments, insults, or personal attacks.

That's when you earn a spot on the ignore list.

And now you earned the 15th spot.

Bye.

There's a soymunculus response if i ever did see one. Enjoy your safe space!!

The vitriol in this comment section against vegans is intense, and I can tell it's because you all have a guilty conscience. (Except for the two sociopaths I've identified in this.)

You can spew all the nonsense and lies you want, throw in personal attacks and insults, that's all fine by me.

At the end of the day, deep down, you know you're contributing to the suffering of sentient beings.

YOU have to live with that.

My conscience is clear.

The animal products you eat come from a living being who suffered.

Personal choice does not make an action morally justifiable.

You can do better.

I have nothing more to say in this thread.

Good luck.

Sociopaths do us all a favor when they reveal themselves.

Thanks for that.

You think you're on top of the food chain?

You're a parking lot attendant believing you're a Formula 1 driver because you are holding a set of keys.

#13 on the ignore list. Bye.

Bruh, you were on 15. Basic math skills, do you have them?

The vitriol in this comment section against vegans is intense, and I can tell it's because you all have a guilty conscience. (Except for the two sociopaths I've identified in this.)

You can spew all the nonsense and lies you want, throw in personal attacks and insults, that's all fine by me.

At the end of the day, deep down, you know you're contributing to the suffering of sentient beings.

YOU have to live with that.

My conscience is clear.

The animal products you eat come from a living being who suffered.

Personal choice does not make an action morally justifiable.

You can do better.

I have nothing more to say in this thread.

Good luck.

Your understanding of suffering is childish.

What do you think about improving the conditions of the animals we eat?
Highly depends. Canada already has slaughter humanely laws and I personally enjoy hunting.

Define some things you think canada should change and ill listen to your argument.

Edit: things that won't cause prices to skyrocket. As that is what it will ultimately come down to.

What amazes me is how absolutely poisoned a person has to be and desensitized by the religion of scientism to have ever bought the ridiculous claim that animals weren't conscious in the first place.

There was a guy on sherdog recently asking if we thought chickens had personalities and I thought. Are you kidding me? We have five chickens. Every single one of them are totally different from one another. Sensitivity softness adventurousness boldness it's just amazing how each of them are different and I don't see how anyone could have ever spent any time around an animal and not noticed that they're conscious.

Thank God for Jane Goodall or we'd still be thinking chimpanzees were not conscious.

I've been a vegetarian for about 25 years and the reason why is because I just don't want to eat anybody. I don't want to cause another animal harm so that I can survive.

There's all kinds of meat alternatives now, and we're not very far away from lab-grown meats either, so there's never been a better time to be vegetarian.

Highly depends. Canada already has slaughter humanely laws and I personally enjoy hunting.

Define some things you think canada should change and ill listen to your argument.

Edit: things that won't cause prices to skyrocket. As that is what it will ultimately come down to.
I don’t have negative opinions of hunting and view at as probably the most humane choice. I don’t do it myself though. I probably would become vegetarian if I had to. Or pescatarian at the least.

Slaughterhouses are basically horror movie fuel in the United States.

What amazes me is how absolutely poisoned a person has to be and desensitized by the religion of scientism to have ever bought the ridiculous claim that animals weren't conscious in the first place.

There was a guy on sherdog recently asking if we thought chickens had personalities and I thought. Are you kidding me? We have five chickens. Every single one of them are totally different from one another. Sensitivity softness adventurousness boldness it's just amazing how each of them are different and I don't see how anyone could have ever spent any time around an animal and not noticed that they're conscious.

Thank God for Jane Goodall or we'd still be thinking chimpanzees were not conscious.

I've been a vegetarian for about 25 years and the reason why is because I just don't want to eat anybody. I don't want to cause another animal harm so that I can survive.

There's all kinds of meat alternatives now, and we're not very far away from lab-grown meats either, so there's never been a better time to be vegetarian.

Why do you think the Lord made a system where everything eats each other?

I came to this realization some time ago when I was going down the rabbit hole watching exotic pet videos. Watching things like wallabies bond to their owner was definitely eye opening that there was a whole world of living thinking creatures that were much more intelligent than we had previously understood.

Then I read about things like humpback whales protecting seals from orcas and recently one that saved a scientist that routinely dove around them from a shark that was stalking her and realized we’ve been way wrong about all of this. Here we have clear examples of animals showing empathy towards a different species and intervening.

I know I should probably stop eating meat. Maybe one day I’ll sack up and do it.
Whales are probably second in intelligence right after humans. It is a huge stretch to treat a whale and a rabbit the same.

Sauce: NBCNews. Bolding is mine.

Seems obvious that animals have some level of consciousness, but it's not going to drive me to become a member of PETA.

I agree that animals should be treated well, but also that we are given the freedom to eat them.

The conspiracy nut in me sees this as further evidence to corroborate the misguided notion that animals have equality with humans and that we should eat bugs (until we determine they also should not be abused, eaten, swatted, etc.).
I'm sorry to all the animals that taste delicious. I blame God for making you all animals to taste so yummy in my tummy.

Whoever thought animals didn't have conciousness? I thought that was plainly obvious as a young child.

We are omnivores . We have cannines. We don't have have multiple stomach chambers. For some vegan would suit for others it'd be a death sentence. Depends on the individual.

What does biology say?​

In general, humans can eat seeds, fruits, vegetables, roots, and many other plant parts. That said, our bodies aren’t able to digest them all completely.

The outermost layer of every plant cell is the cell wall, which is made of fiber-like compounds like cellulose, hemicellulose, and lignins. You can’t digest these fibrous compounds since you lack the necessary enzyme cellulase (4Trusted Source).

Herbivores like cows, goats, and deer likewise can’t produce cellulase on their own. However, they have friendly gut bacteria that produce it for them — while humans don’t have such gut bacteria (5Trusted Source, 6Trusted Source).

Yet, our bodies produce all of the enzymes, such as protease and lipase, necessary for the breakdown and absorption of meat.

Whales are probably second in intelligence right after humans. It is a huge stretch to treat a whale and a rabbit the same.
Sure a whale is more intelligent but even rabbits have a level of intelligence that would probably surprise you. They bond, love, learn and fear. They have unique personalities and like to play. you wont see it when they are kept in cages though.

Fun fact gorillas are herbivores because they have it.. we dont

Gorillas don't need to eat protein, because they grow their own protein in the bacteria that thrive inside of them. The gorilla consumes the vegetation to feed the bacterial colonies of their microbiome, and then absorbs the protein formed by the bacteria as they feast on the cellulose fibers of the vegetation

Fun fact gorillas are herbivores because they have it.. we dont

Gorillas don't need to eat protein, because they grow their own protein in the bacteria that thrive inside of them. The gorilla consumes the vegetation to feed the bacterial colonies of their microbiome, and then absorbs the protein formed by the bacteria as they feast on the cellulose fibers of the vegetation
Gorillas use PEDS confirmed

This reminds me that artificial lab made meat is coming to stores in like 5 to 10 years (they can make it already)

Thats gonna be interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back