Social Animal consciousness. Does it change your perspective?

Huh? The analogy was the bear Is the omnivore and eats deer as well as berries/ fish roots plants. Because that's literally how they are built. Just like humans.

Although They have a exceptionally long digestive tract which is another adaptation we don't have.

Do humans have long or short digestive system?

[COLOR=var(--bbQxAb)]It can be seen that the human digestive tract is relatively small. Compared with that in the pig, an omnivore that is often regarded as a model for humans, the human large intestine is much reduced. The dog intestine is capacious but relatively short.
[/COLOR]

We can break down meat.... not vegetation that should tell you a bit about what we are designed to eat.

Gelatin is used in metal processing to improve metal's structure, such as cadmium in batteries. Animal fats and gelatin are used in many technical applications to which we owe the comforts of our life… and "at present it is extremely difficult—it not impossible—to find alternatives,"

The left over bits of what we " immoral " people consume get used to provide for our day to day lives.

Seems pretty silly to me to use a bit of the animal and point fingers at the people who used the rest and claim moral superiority

Bear is struggling to survive. Needs to be in peak athletic shape to survive. Doesn't have access to eggs, dairy, or supplements. Human is probably overweight and overconsumes their necessary amount of animal derived nutrients by a good margin. Human has a piss easy life in comparison and is supposed to be smarter than the average bear. It's a pointless comparison.

A lot animals obviously die of natural causes and I'm not sure how much gelatin and whatnot is necessary for metal manufacturing. I don't think this topic is completely binary. It's more moral to limit how much you contribute to harming animals and it's less moral to contribute more to it, especially when it's merely hedonistic or when it's even bad for your health as is the case in overweight people.

Bear is struggling to survive. Doesn't have access to eggs, dairy, or supplements. Human is probably overweight and overconsumes their necessary amount of animal derived nutrients by a good margin. Human has a much easier life in general and is supposed to be smarter than the average bear. It's a pointless comparison.

A lot animals die of natural causes and I'm not sure how much gelatin is necessary for that metal manufacturing. I don't think this topic is completely binary. It's more moral to limit how much you contribute to harming animals and it's less moral to contribute more to it, especially when it's pointless beyond hedonism or even bad for your health.

No... bears don't just eat meat when they are struggling to survive.............. that's silly.

It's apparently necessary for all batteries.. no exceptions unless I missed it.

Humans have a much easier life? Yeah some... some.... no

Even iron supplements contain animal products. Which is a go to for many vegans. Along with vitamin d

Many over-the-counter iron supplements available today are derived from heme-based sources. Even if a supplement's iron source is non-heme, there is a good chance that the product contains dairy or ingredients derived from fish or other animal-based proteins.

You do realise without the meat industry within 20 years there will be a drastic reduction of animals right? You think farmers are going to keep paying to keep these animals alive ? What they release em into the wild to suffer? Just kill em?

I'm 100% on board with the reduction of animal suffering.

This is likely the worst thread in Sherdog history. TS should be killed and eaten... Or not based on proclivities.

I'm 100% on board with the reduction of animal suffering.

Same here man but a lot of these types just see any type of killing of an animal as delivering suffering. If done right, these animals would be dead before they even know what happened. Lights out, shows over - no suffering or pain. Gone in an instant.

Starving in the wild or getting injured, possibly catching disease, and getting eaten while still conscious is more pain than any farmed animal would ever feel if done correctly. They like to pretend as if nature itself isn't fucking brutal. Wild animals don't go in peace lol

animals.jpg

Remember that the whole reason CHUDS paint every trans woman as a predator or communist is to make it easy to kill them when the state gives the green light. Humans don't need to believe something is unconscious to kill or eat it. Even OP reflexively asserted his right to animal life.

If we found out pigs are oinking novels about freedom, we'd still eat them. That is just how it is. Woe to the conquered.

If I think of my pets: think animals are beautiful creatures and they deserve to live in peace and enjoy life.

Then when I look at my diet all those feeling about animal well being goes out and I am only concerned with the quality of my proteins.

Same here man but a lot of these types just see any type of killing of an animal as delivering suffering. If done right, these animals would be dead before they even know what happened. Lights out, shows over - no suffering or pain. Gone in an instant.

Starving in the wild or getting injured, possibly catching disease, and getting eaten while still conscious is more pain than any farmed animal would ever feel if done correctly. They like to pretend as if nature itself isn't fucking brutal. Wild animals don't go in peace lol

animals.jpg

I don't think I've ever met a vegetarian or vegan who had such childish views regarding nature, that's a strawman you types frequently use because you can't actually defend your position. We don't base our ethics on what occurs in nature.

I don't think I've ever met a vegetarian or vegan who had such childish views regarding nature, that's a strawman you types frequently use because you can't actually defend your position. We don't base our ethics on what occurs in nature.

I don't think all vegetarians or vegans think this and never claimed that. Many are grounded in reality and are capable of having conversations without hurling insults at the other side lol - maybe just not on Sherdog!

You can believe whatever you want to believe. I've defended my position many times in here.

I don't think all vegetarians or vegans think this and never claimed that. Many are grounded in reality and are capable of having conversations without hurling insults at the other side lol - maybe just not on Sherdog!

You can believe whatever you want to believe. I've defended my position many times in here.
There may be annoying vegetarians out but my experience has been just the opposite. It's always the meat eaters that can't let it go, can't stop bringing it up, can't stop making wise cracks about what we're eating and also half the time end up eating our s*** because they want to try it after doing nothing but throwing insults for half the afternoon.

In my experience, meat eaters are often half cocked and defensive already, probably because their own conscience tells them there 's something a little bit wrong with killing animals when you don't really have to and then that gets projected onto the vegetarians.

Remember that the whole reason CHUDS paint every trans woman as a predator or communist is to make it easy to kill them when the state gives the green light.

Lol... how the fuck did you get to that itt. You aren't even quoting or addressing anyone just randomly blurted out politics

animals.jpg

They also seem to be unaware just how many animals would die or not even be born / raised without the meat industry.

Also just how required humans are for a lot of the domesticated animals to have a good life and just how brutal their deaths would be without human assistance.

Not shearing a sheep is fucked. Not milking a cow is fucked. Not collecting a chickens unfertilised eggs. Fucked.

Animals have been selectively domesticated / bred for so long that they won't survive without humans... and would live and die ( on general ) a far more brutal existence.

I'd love to know what they think would happen to all the animals without the meat industry.

I think in their mind a nice retirement with all the care they're provided with now lol.

They also seem to be unaware just how many animals would die or not even be born / raised without the meat industry.

Also just how required humans are for a lot of the domesticated animals to have a good life and just how brutal their deaths would be without human assistance.

Not shearing a sheep is fucked. Not milking a cow is fucked. Not collecting a chickens unfertilised eggs. Fucked.

Animals have been selectively domesticated / bred for so long that they won't survive without humans... and would live and die ( on general ) a far more brutal existence.

I'd love to know what they think would happen to all the animals without the meat industry.

I think in their mind a nice retirement with all the care they're provided with now lol.

We eat nearly 100% of the cattle we raise. So yeah that species of human manipulated cattle would die out but letting them die (eating.them) would be far less sad then continuing to birth raise and slaughter them generation after generation.

Same as chickens.....

I haven't looked into it but the whole process would probably take less than one year.

Last edited:
This is exceptionally ill thought out frankly.

We eat 100% of the cattle we raise. So yeah that species of human manipulated cattle would die out but letting them die (eating.them) would be far less sad then continuing to birth raise and slaughter them generation after generation.

Same as chickens.....

No... no we don't eat 100% of the cattle we raise.

So that's your moral solution.
Let billions of animals die out. Don't consume them. Don't let them breed.

That may be far less sad to you. It's not to me.

That baby animal in the wild is eventually going to be eaten and die brutally. Generation after generation. Raised and killed. It's literally life regardless

No... no we don't eat 100% of the cattle we raise.

So that's your moral solution.
Let billions of animals die out. Don't consume them. Don't let them breed.

That may be far less sad to you. It's not to me.

That baby animal in the wild is eventually going to be eaten and die brutally. Generation after generation. Raised and killed. It's literally life regardless
It would be way less animals to keep raising them and eating them though. Think about that man. We create a species. We manipulate one into existence. We raise and slaughter millions and millions of them and then we decide to stop eating meat. So we finish eating the ones that are alive and we no longer keep that species we created alive to eat MORE of them. Anyway you slice that its way less death.

Are you really against an idea like that? And why are you if you are?

This isn't really subjective. They will objectively be billions less killed and eaten animals under my plan.

Also, I'm not advocating everyone becomes vegetarian but just for sake of argument.

It would be way less animals to keep raising them and eating them though. Think about that man. We create a species. We manipulate one into existence. We raise and slaughter millions and millions of them and then we decide to stop eating meat. So we finish eating the ones that are alive and we no longer keep that species we created alive to eat MORE of them. Anyway you slice that its way less death.

Are you really against an idea like that? And why are you if you are?

This isn't really subjective. They will objectively be billions less killed and eaten animals under my plan.

Also, I'm not advocating everyone becomes vegetarian but just for sake of argument.

Let's kill everyone now. There will be billions less people killed.

That isn't subjective. There will objectively be billions of people not dying in a hundred years under my plan.

Less suffering for all =)

There may be annoying vegetarians out but my experience has been just the opposite. It's always the meat eaters that can't let it go, can't stop bringing it up, can't stop making wise cracks about what we're eating and also half the time end up eating our s*** because they want to try it after doing nothing but throwing insults for half the afternoon.

In my experience, meat eaters are often half cocked and defensive already, probably because their own conscience tells them there 's something a little bit wrong with killing animals when you don't really have to and then that gets projected onto the vegetarians.

You must have not read through this thread then, my friend. LOL I was insulted multiple times already by the non-meat eaters for simply providing an opposite viewpoint.

I seriously don’t care if people choose not to eat meat. It’s not going to hurt my feelings or affect me in anyway. Don’t expect me to think the way you do, though.

It's surprising that eating meat is still considered morally ok. Especially in the west. Even 10+ years ago it surprised me. I never had pets growing up, but it became evident immediately once my sisters started getting chihuahuas when it was a trend how shockingly similar we are. And you can extend that to various other species, especially ones raised in captivity.

Eating meat is obviously morally bankrupt. You have a choice between being a sack of sh*t and doing the bare minimum to not be one, I think. I don't consider myself a bleeding heart of any sort and even I have been vegetarian off and on as an adult. And I don't take anyone seriously if they claim to be compassionate and eat meat.
Bacon taste good... porkchops taste good

If I think of my pets: think animals are beautiful creatures and they deserve to live in peace and enjoy life.

Then when I look at my diet all those feeling about animal well being goes out and I am only concerned with the quality of my proteins.

One of the main reasons meat will always be a necessity here is my dogs. I'll never be convinced I shouldn't be feeding them lol

Let's kill everyone now. There will be billions less people killed.

That isn't subjective. There will objectively be billions of people not dying in a hundred years under my plan.

Less suffering for all =)
Notice how you have to shift it to people in order to make your arguments because it doesn't land if you leave it at animals that we've created for food. There will be objectively way more suffering under your plan than mine Obviously....
every single animal I would kill is still going to be killed and eaten under your plan. There's going to be billions more killed and eaten under your plan.

You don't have an argument here, at least in the way you're arguing it.

You must have not read through this thread then, my friend. LOL I was insulted multiple times already by the non-meat eaters for simply providing an opposite viewpoint.

I seriously don’t care if people choose not to eat meat. It’s not going to hurt my feelings or affect me in anyway. Don’t expect me to think the way you do, though.
Well I won't deny that at all man and I don't even want to defend it. I really can't stand those assholes when they do that either. I think it's just so counterproductive and stupid.

I think ultimately it's a better direction for humanity if we all stop eating meat, but I can tell you right now. I never ever think that about any single person who I know or have dinner with because I think it's s*****.

I just went to dinner with my very best friend of 18 years. A very very close, deeply loved cherished friend of mine named Jill. She had fish even though she's mostly vegetarian and I would never dream of judging her for even one second about that.

Back