Announcement from Glory

+ 'murican heavyweight tournament.

Edit: oups, it's right there in the news, i'm blind. So, murican HW tournament, winner gets a spot in the contender tournament later this year.

Question: who the hell will they put in this tourney? Vigney? Fat Barry? Maybe some new blood. No matter who the winner in this is, he will just get slaughtered in the contender tournament if it will have ppl like Ghita, Zimmerman or Adegbuyi in it.

Last edited:
Glory 21 - May 8th in San Diego

https://www.gloryworldseries.com/en/news/view/731
FKbgE0n.jpg

What about Schilling? i thought he was going to fight Levin.

I hope Marcus can find back to form I don't know if he had just bad luck running into Schilling and Bian (literally), if he tried to hard to prove something vs Bian and had confidence issues or if his chin is a bit cracked from the Schilling fight but he needs to change something and either fight safer and kick more instead of rushing into clinches like a maniac or he has to improve his boxing a but he needs to do something (the best option for him would be both of course)

No way Levin vs Schilling again, blergh. I really hated the dumb KD scored by Joe. He had a great performance in Glory 19 but give him some time. Have fresh faces facing Artem Levin.

Rooting for Simon Marcus, but I want to see Wayne Barret get school'd by Levin.

It"s not Schilling, but the winner of the contender tournament from Dubai.

There"s also a tournament of heavyweights, but not contending. The winner will be part later this year in the HW contender tourney.

Is vigney some spike executive's select gay lover? I do not think there is one person alive that wants to see him fight twice in one night let alone the 3 other bums they will find to put in this thing

Schilling has another MMA fight lined up I believe. Will be nice to see Levin back again.

Is vigney some spike executive's select gay lover? I do not think there is one person alive that wants to see him fight twice in one night let alone the 3 other bums they will find to put in this thing

Hey! I like Vigney :(
I think the guy is decent (compared to other HW american kickboxers) and i'm picking him to win the tournament even though i don't know who the other 3 guys are. I believe the guy has potential but obviously, not enough to warrant a spot in the contender tournament later this year.

Hey! I like Vigney :(
I think the guy is decent (compared to other HW american kickboxers) and i'm picking him to win the tournament even though i don't know who the other 3 guys are. I believe the guy has potential but obviously, not enough to warrant a spot in the contender tournament later this year.

Well i guess he does have one fan! I just think he is still far off from the level he needs to be at to be on tv in the glory ring! The guy has major coordination and foot work issues and is basically a freak show fighter at this point in his career in my opinion.

I just think a tournament with 4 american heavyweights is bound to be an extremely sloppy bar room brawl with guys gassing at the end of the 1st round

What about Schilling? i thought he was going to fight Levin.

I hope Marcus can find back to form I don't know if he had just bad luck running into Schilling and Bian (literally), if he tried to hard to prove something vs Bian and had confidence issues or if his chin is a bit cracked from the Schilling fight but he needs to change something and either fight safer and kick more instead of rushing into clinches like a maniac or he has to improve his boxing a but he needs to do something (the best option for him would be both of course)

Schilling's focus aint Glory in the next few months:

B9B4zPBIAAQsV-Q.jpg_large.0.jpg

eh? He's a big natural athlete, i liked what i saw of him at the last glory show and i am interested to see how he will do going forward. A guy like everett sims on the other hand, not so much

eh? He's a big natural athlete, i liked what i saw of him at the last glory show and i am interested to see how he will do going forward. A guy like everett sims on the other hand, not so much

So, any inside info on who the other 3 fighters will be? Will Fat Barry be one of them?

So, any inside info on who the other 3 fighters will be? Will Fat Barry be one of them?

i wouldnt have thought so, he's kind of a marquee name

me personally i also wouldnt put vigney in a tournament; i really think he's got potential and if i was the matchmaker id be giving him a chance to develop on undercard fights; with Glory's US focus, an american heavyweight with talent is absolute gold-dust

Im hoping that Bouzidi puts an end to Fat Barry and helps him speed up the process of becoming full time Mr Namajunas.

Natural athlete and Xavier vigney do not belong in the same sentence. He has been training a year or 2 longer than Benny from Romania and he is I where near as good as adegbuyi right now

I also thought Vigney is interesting until I saw that he has no legs for kickboxing. I mean at the K-1 event in LA he was good but yet again it was an old and bad opponent. Then, Samedov destroyed him.

Anyway, let"s see him again. He"s a former American football player if I"m not wrong and not old at all.

Benny is currently 4th in the world, Xavier doesn"t really need to be top but to develop. I doubt he"ll become a contender at least but maybe nobody knows that now.

American hw tourney sounds pathetic and awful where are they going to dig up these fatties.

america? I am guessing there is a clue in the name of the tournament
I believe he means where in America. It's almost impossible to become a good HW Kickboxer in the US. No training partners your size and not many opponents to get experience against. This tournament will make a SK tournament look like a bunch of HW Petrosyans.

I believe he means where in America. It's almost impossible to become a good HW Kickboxer in the US. No training partners your size and not many opponents to get experience against. This tournament will make a SK tournament look like a bunch of HW Petrosyans.

I guess we've had a taster with that navy vs. airforce fight...

Back