Opinion Another example of noble behaviour from the first family of UFC (edit: Professor Royce made amends)

UK.

This shit pales in comparison to Iraq and Afghanistan, but it's hypocritical right now when they've been painting Putin as some kind of monster for the Ukraine situation.

Mate, I’m English/British, too.

I dare say no (western) country than ours in human history has been responsible for as much unnecessary and unjust suffering than ours, p4p. Despite how we pretend otherwise.

As always, there are cunts on both sides….that these things are still a thing in 2024 is an absolute failure of the species.

Dude waited 4 months and 30k deaths to jump on this

So that's why he came to Bellator and had the most unnecessary fight in MMA against Ken Shamrock. He owed the IRS almost a million dollars!

To keep this MMA related. He shot his brand in the foot openly taking sides in such a polarising and emotional subject.

Gracie Barra's gonna have a big drop in Muslim/middle east money going forward.

Really baffles the mind why any somewhat public figure would choose to tie themselves to a stance that will surely piss off a large portion of the public.

You would think that would be media training 101.

There's no good side. I am not sure where you are based but there was a good program on BBC recently looking at the origins of the conflict and the Arafat/Sharon attempts at diplomacy etc. both sides continuously act in bad faith but yes on this occasion Hamas murdered many people in a terrorist attack and then cried when they got stomped in return. It is a tragedy that no one deserves to suffer, and the Israelis for sure are happy to exploit the tragedy for their own means to grab more land and political power in those areas, but as parents used to say, "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime". Don't vote in a political party who have been open and explicit that the complete destruction of the Israeli state and people is their main political ambition and then complain when the other side decide they want the same

Edit - on the last point see: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Hamas_charter

This is the poverty of discourse at the moment.

You initially fail to distinguish the actions of an extremist group from that of the general population. Then you try to gloss over that initial error by claiming that the population voted for such a party- ignoring the political and social reality on the ground.

I suspect you are American. For whatever people say about the United States and its broken system, the US remains a strong democracy.

That fact is explained on account of the continuity of political systems that includes Russia, the occupied territories in Gaza, Venezuala, etc. Going back to the United States, I am sure that a lot of people rightfully complain about the disconnect between their political leadership and the voting population. I am Canadian. My democracy is also strong (using the same standards as the US). I have huge issues with many of my political leaders, federal and provincial.

I do not think it takes much creativity to understand that the political representation in Gaza may not reflect the will of the people. You should be more sophisticated in that analysis.

Irrespective, you should at least understand basic moral reasoning, if not international law. The highest standard is not to return injustice for injustice. There are various iterations of this, including the christian seremon on the mount. At the very least though, in Judaism the standard is "an eye for an eye", which is measured reciprocation. In international law it is, at the least, the principal of proportionality. At a higher level, humanitarian law. Humanitarian law dictates that, NO MATTER WHAT you do not target civilians, you do not target hospitals, etc.

Of course, I am speaking out into the ether.

You made your comments knowing well that Israel used sophisticated weapons to kill ~30k people, the vast majority civilians (2.1k militants, 1:14 ratio), due to an attack that killed 1.1k people, majority civilians (373 security forces, 1:4 ratio).

Hamas and the Israeli government should be held fully accountable for treating civilians like straw dogs for their political purposes and the violence should end. Full stop.

Osss.

Gracie Barra gyms were already going down in popularity recently in the UK as gym owners have been leaving the franchise because of the mcdojo regulations.

This won't help.

War is ugly on both sides but lets not forget what the terrorist did to Israel to launch this attack.

I know these message boards are unlikely to be in the least bit unbiased, but I'll ask anyway.

The current conflict between Israel and Palestine. Did this go-round not start because of a Hamas (Palestinian terrorists/freedom fighters) attack on Israeli civilians? Then Israel has responded by fighting the fire with fire and basically done more of the same to them?

I realize this conflict is very, very old but it has gotten hot again relatively recently and from what little I've heard about it it sounded like Israel got attacked first.

Rational thinking is not allowed

Do you think the Hamas just woke up one day and decided man this is a boring day lets attack Israel?
They’ve been planning it for 40 years….

This is the poverty of discourse at the moment.

You initially fail to distinguish the actions of an extremist group from that of the general population. Then you try to gloss over that initial error by claiming that the population voted for such a party- ignoring the political and social reality on the ground.

I suspect you are American. For whatever people say about the United States and its broken system, the US remains a strong democracy.

That fact is explained on account of the continuity of political systems that includes Russia, the occupied territories in Gaza, Venezuala, etc. Going back to the United States, I am sure that a lot of people rightfully complain about the disconnect between their political leadership and the voting population. I am Canadian. My democracy is also strong (using the same standards as the US). I have huge issues with many of my political leaders, federal and provincial.

I do not think it takes much creativity to understand that the political representation in Gaza may not reflect the will of the people. You should be more sophisticated in that analysis.

Irrespective, you should at least understand basic moral reasoning, if not international law. The highest standard is not to return injustice for injustice. There are various iterations of this, including the christian seremon on the mount. At the very least though, in Judaism the standard is "an eye for an eye", which is measured reciprocation. In international law it is, at the least, the principal of proportionality. At a higher level, humanitarian law. Humanitarian law dictates that, NO MATTER WHAT you do not target civilians, you do not target hospitals, etc.

Of course, I am speaking out into the ether.

You made your comments knowing well that Israel used sophisticated weapons to kill ~30k people, the vast majority civilians (2.1k militants, 1:14 ratio), due to an attack that killed 1.1k people, majority civilians (373 security forces, 1:4 ratio).

Hamas and the Israeli government should be held fully accountable for treating civilians like straw dogs for their political purposes and the violence should end. Full stop.
You completely made up the 1:14 ratio and ignored that hamas was voted in, and currently has large support and vowed to repeat 10/7 over and over again. I’m sure you’d be just fine with them as your neighbor.

No worries once Hamas is obliterated and the hostages are returned the war will stop. Until then...Hamas is the elected government and is broadly supported by citizens of Gaza, so continuing the war effort is a moral imperative.

I know these message boards are unlikely to be in the least bit unbiased, but I'll ask anyway.

The current conflict between Israel and Palestine. Did this go-round not start because of a Hamas (Palestinian terrorists/freedom fighters) attack on Israeli civilians? Then Israel has responded by fighting the fire with fire and basically done more of the same to them?

I realize this conflict is very, very old but it has gotten hot again relatively recently and from what little I've heard about it it sounded like Israel got attacked first.

You are literally worse than Hitler! :mad: ;)

Let's Hamas is in charge and their stated goal is to destroy Israel completely. They also have the support of the citizens of Gaza.

Then they kick this round of shit storm off on 10/7. What they did that that day deserved what is happening now.

Back