*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

He was clearly concussed when he was getting up from the knockdown right before the KO (Which was a hilarious walk up and walk off ko)
I just wish Anthony could have followed up.
I would have preferred a uppercut, Mike Tyson style.

Unironically yes. It's time for some serious introspection for UFC fans. It's time to end the farce that MMA has become - a sloppy brawlfest.
Bestest sport in the world,hush up you sad old lady

Because a KO over a fat man is more impressive than a decision loss against another fat man.
Fat man AKA the current best Heavyweight boxer in the world.

Dude stop. Lol.

People seem to forget that he’s been hurt by straight punches a few times in the UFC. Stipe a few times and Curtis Blaydes hurt him in the opening seconds of their first fight with a JAB. Ngannou tried to hide it and Curtis didn’t recognize it but he was definitely staggered. His chin is very solid though, but not solid enough to take multiple power shots from a world champion boxer. It wouldn’t matter how good his chin is if he doesn’t have enough defensive awareness to roll with punches.
Really I think it shows you that how you caught is important, Francis likes to pressure people but against Fury he was basically set to take the punches were as he walked onto the first couple of knockdowns here. It did seem here he knew he needed to hurt Joshua earlty and was trying to get to him more than vs Fury.

I would say probably he'd be best of going back to MMA now though were I think chin is arguebly less important, were he can potentially KO opponents before taking damage. Maybe if Fury offers him a rematch take that at some point(I'd guessing Fury and Uysk will have at least 2 fights) but really building a boxing career I think may not be the best for his health.

And on top of what you said, i certainly doubt it ever was 8mill guaranteed money, more like Purse + PPV estimated to make around 8 million, even Ngannou always said "around", no one gave straight numbers, the UFC are notorious for paying small purses and the rest from PPV.

The ufc is the only major sports organization that pays out less than 15% of their revenue to the athletes. Lmfao people are dead brained.

There’s a reason why the ufc is involved in a major anti trust lawsuit and every fighter is involved.

Jon jones didn’t have the balls to go against the ufc. He wanted that big 30 mill didn’t wanna go out and get it.

Francis should be commended. He got what was his, he got his 30 million. Yeah maybe the Cinderella story ended for boxing, but

For a boxing novice? He’s got a better resume than half the top ten in boxing lol. .

Thr funny and sad part about this whole thing was that Jones sold like ten times as many PPVs as Wilder did in his career.

Jones really should have like 100 mill net worth by now.

He’s the sports goat, been a champion since h was 22 and the guy has probably made less than 12 million in his careert

Maybe now that Ngannou's been exposed as so washed up (and clearly never any good), he's a good fit for a pro bout with Jake Paul.

Do it, Jake! We believe in you.

Maybe he gets another bout against like Wilder if wilder is bored, but even if not End of the day his leaving UFC game worked. He made enough money to retire if he's not an idiot. And probably has one decent, albiet smaller pay day left at PFL if he still wants that.
Wilder actually would really need that. Not out of "boredom"

Because a KO over a fat man is more impressive than a decision loss against another fat man.

I like how you avoided my comment back. I think you realized you’re IQ and your net worth are both zero

How is Mercer KOing a fat Sylvia more impressive than Ngannou arguably beating the best heavyweight boxer in the world? LMAO.
Ngannou lost to a washed up, untrained Tyson. You are delusional if you think Ngannou stands a chance in boxing. Just watch Joshua and Ngannou doing the mitts in the dressing room, you don't even need to watch him fight to know he's severely lacking in speed and skills to compete in high level boxing.

There's always been speculation about that. Its fuckin hard to tell. He could be anywhere between 35 and 42 and youd believe it.
So you’re saying he’s a modern day Danny Almonte. 🧐

The crazy aspect is he was obvious half KOed after the first one. The ref allowing him to go was bush league ...Joshua tee off'd on him like he was testing his one punch max power
Oil sheiks need to be entertained, unfortunately. His corner should have stopped it after the 2nd knockdown for sure.

Wilder actually would really need that. Not out of "boredom"
For ngannou's well being, I really hope that fight doesn't happen. If Joshua knocked him out like that, Wilder would send him straight to the morgue on a stretcher.

So you’re saying he’s a modern day Danny Almonte. 🧐
Nah the shit that dude is on is way more insane hahah

Francis looks great...for whatever his age is but i'd imagine theres a 6 or 7 yr curve but Danny Almonte's on some 15 - 20 yr curve lmao

Really I think it shows you that how you caught is important, Francis likes to pressure people but against Fury he was basically set to take the punches were as he walked onto the first couple of knockdowns here. It did seem here he knew he needed to hurt Joshua earlty and was trying to get to him more than vs Fury.

I would say probably he'd be best of going back to MMA now though were I think chin is arguebly less important, were he can potentially KO opponents before taking damage. Maybe if Fury offers him a rematch take that at some point(I'd guessing Fury and Uysk will have at least 2 fights) but really building a boxing career I think may not be the best for his health.
Are you retarded? Who the fuck wants to see a rematch with Fury after getting flatlined by Joshua?

He should fight that fat Chinese guy that throws a couple of hard punches a round.

For ngannou's well being, I really hope that fight doesn't happen. If Joshua knocked him out like that, Wilder would send him straight to the morgue on a stretcher.
Yeah but the way Wilder fights,Francis has more of a chance....Esp if he can do clinchwork

Uh, mma bloomed in 2017 and then started to decline slowly. Now we got this, the best one who ever did it in mma got schooled and humiliated in a manner like this.
Lol, mma is still a bushleague of amateurs where some boring dagestani wrestlers are some kind of GOATs and boxing is much more superior combat sport overall.

Boxing = Classic Rock
Kickboxing = Heavy Metal
MMA = Nu Metal

Back