Anthony Pettis Calls Potential Cedric Doumbe Bout ‘Biggest Fight in PFL History’

Winner?

• Total voters

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
upload_2023-10-3_11-21-14.png

Cedric Doumbe already has a potential matchup at hand less than a week after his Professional Fighters League debut.

A multi-time Glory Kickboxing champ, Doumbe made headlines when he was booked to make his UFC debut on the promotion’s first-ever card in Paris last September. However, the French commission ruled that Doumbe’s gap in professional MMA experience compared to opponent Darian Weeks was too great, and the fight was canceled.

Doumbe was then signed by the PFL, where he made his debut at the promotion’s event in Paris on Sept 30. “The Best” walked out with a mattress with opponent Jordan Zebo’s name on it and lived up to his walkout by knocking his opponent out in nine seconds.

During an appearance on "The MMA Hour,” Doumbe subsequently called out MMA megastars like Jorge Masvidal, Nate Diaz and Anthony Pettis for mammoth matchups in the PFL.

“I want to make big fights, like super fights. Face like a Jorge Masvidal, Nate Diaz, maybe Anthony Pettis, you know,” Doumbe said. “I want to face these types of guys because I can knock them out. I know I’m better than them, I just want to prove. To show to the world, who am I.”

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/A...umbe-Bout-Biggest-Fight-in-PFL-History-191262

Probably true, there's not much to compare it to really is there

would make sense. dont know if they headline a paris card with this or if it would be a ppv kind of fight on a Francis card. but past his prime former ufc champ and name. would def have fans more interested than fighting some 6-2 guy nobody knows.

i guess nate is technically an option but if he's fighting in pfl its vs jake not doumbe and doesnt seem like he wants to fight for them. and jorge is under contract so pettis is the only realistic option of guys he called out.

“I want to make big fights, like super fights. Face like a Jorge Masvidal, Nate Diaz, maybe Anthony Pettis, you know,” Doumbe said. “I want to face these types of guys because I can knock them out. I know I’m better than them, I just want to prove. To show to the world, who am I.”

This guy sounds pretty doumb.

would make sense. dont know if they headline a paris card with this or if it would be a ppv kind of fight on a Francis card. but past his prime former ufc champ and name. would def have fans more interested than fighting some 6-2 guy nobody knows.

i guess nate is technically an option but if he's fighting in pfl its vs jake not doumbe and doesnt seem like he wants to fight for them. and jorge is under contract so pettis is the only realistic option of guys he called out.

I don't think it would get licensed in France. Unless they're more flexible about the experience gap than they were before.

Mind you they did let Baki fight Escudero so who knows what the actual rule is.

They should have just did Pettis vs Stephens, no point in this matchup. Let the Dummy keep crushing cans until he's 12-0 then maybe feed him to an MMA ex-champion.

Pettis has one of the best chins in MMA history. Max got an accumulated body shots TKO against him and his ribs cracked when Dustin had him in a body triangle. Corner also stopped Tony fight broken hand IIRC

His chin hasn't cracked..... it would against Doumbe and it would be a nasty KO too.

Doumbe calls out 40 year old retirees who are all ex Lightweights...Doesn't say a word about Lazy King, Magomedkerimov, Ray Cooper, Saidbou Sy, Umalatov etc. Kinda pussy level shit.

Doumbe calls out 40 year old retirees who are all ex Lightweights...Doesn't say a word about Lazy King, Magomedkerimov, Ray Cooper, Saidbou Sy, Umalatov etc. Kinda pussy level shit.

He's fought like 100 times in 10 years, although he's only in his early 30s I can't see him having that long of a career in MMA. He wants to fast track his fame and fortune, and PFL are trying to position themselves as Spectacle FC getting Ngannou , Jake Paul etc... can't argue with him asking for lower risk higher reward fights

He's fought like 100 times in 10 years, although he's only in his early 30s I can't see him having that long of a career in MMA. He wants to fast track his fame and fortune, and PFL are trying to position themselves as Spectacle FC getting Ngannou , Jake Paul etc... can't argue with him asking for lower risk higher reward fights

I'm a purist, just zone me out. I understand what and why he's doing this though, don't worry.

Umalatov has been pretty vocal about fighting Cédric Doumbé

I don't think it would get licensed in France. Unless they're more flexible about the experience gap than they were before.

Mind you they did let Baki fight Escudero so who knows what the actual rule is.

Baki had to ask an exemption iirc. And he said recently that he'll have to ask for an exemption again so he can fight for the ARES title (the french commission won't let you fight for a title if you got less than 10 fights)

Anybody wrestles with Doumbe it may not be a good night for Doumbe.

PFL should be very careful how they match him up to get the most out of of him. Still fairly young but a ton of mileage on the body.

LOl.

Wasnt Pettis making like 750k from PFL for losing all the time? Of course he wants back in.

Back