Media Anthony Smith explains his actions last night after his fight with Ryan Spann at UFC Vegas 37

Anthony onion skin Smith

So because anytime a fighter wins their opponent gets labelled washed up and all accomplishments by all fighters are disregarded then its OK for Anthony Smith to get the same treatment?
DismalMixedCheetah-small.gif

This logic seems to track.
He wants to act like he is some world beater when he is not. He is not a bad fighter but it is not like he is taking the heads of all the young bucks as he makes his way up the mountain. Picking off weak opposition does not mean much.

I don't even think he get's that much shit. It's a lot of fair criticism. He needs thicker skin. Imagine still being mad at Spann after you tap him out. Get a grip man. Imagine if he was on a press run with someone like Conor.

Only jackasses start screaming at their opponent after beating them. Poor sportsmanship.

The UFC is run on marketing and everyone knows it. Your opponent is supposed to say they don't care what you've done, they're going after you. Literally 'no shit' Anthony. Spann for his part appeared professional and chill in there, good for him.

Smith will get his teeth knocked out when he fights guys like Glover or Santos. He is what he is and seems unhappy about it. Smith should be happy he fights in a thin division so he can stick around.

Seems like Anthony rehearsed his rant many times in front of the mirror, his cat, or night terrors…

Glad it’s off his chest and he can move on — it’s not a good look, especially for a winner.

DC chiming in from the IDGAF Sisterhood is also a bad look.

Smith is very good at taking advantages of his opponents weakness and missteps. He isn't as good in creating his offense if opponents fights a tight fight. He couldn't get going vs Jones, Glover or Rakic because he didn't get much from those guys. But make a mistake and Smith will punish for it.

UFC uploaded a better still censored version to youtube BTW, the live version was basically muted.

Is he talking about within the company or with the fans? You get a completely one-sided beatdown like he did against Old Man Glover it's gonna drop your stock a bit. I don't see him getting anymore shit then anyone else on here. This dude is the guy with a perpetual chip on his shoulder and that's been evident for years. One of the reasons I've never liked him. Maybe it's what he needs to motivate himself.
"old Man Glover" is a fucking monster.

I certainly won’t argue on that point. All you have to do is look at Anthony Smith’s face to know he’s really dumb.
Smith isn't dumb, far from it.
His look belies his intelligence, he's intelligent in his analysis of fights, he's self aware and speaks very well for someone that gets fucked up for a living.

Smith isn't dumb, far from it.
His look belies his intelligence, he's intelligent in his analysis of fights, he's self aware and speaks very well for someone that gets fucked up for a living.
Then why’d he leave his garage door open?

People forget shit, jesus mate...you never spilled a coffee? Stubbed a toe? Left the oven on?
People make mistakes and if you don't then you're not people.
How dare you equate stubbing one’s toe to leaving the garage door open.

maybe Adolf Eichmann should have used that defense.

“Herr Eichmann is it true to that oversaw the mass slighter of millions of civilians?”

“Jesus mate...you never spilled a coffee? Stubbed a toe? Left the oven on?
People make mistakes and if you don't then you're not people.”

them the court erupts in applause and he’s immediately set free

I think Anthony was playing up the robber. Smith probably beat the living shit out of that dude and was covering his ass.
Supposedly he was on some hard drugs. If that’s the case I 100% believe it.
I remember years ago going out to the clubs and seeing this small skinny guy clearly fucked up on something getting dragged out by 2-3 massive body guards. He was like a rabid fucking animal clawing at them, like at one point they literally dropped him on his head on concrete and he jumped back up trying to grab at them again, it was pretty crazy.

How dare you equate stubbing one’s toe to leaving the garage door open.

maybe Adolf Eichmann should have used that defense.

“Herr Eichmann is it true to that oversaw the mass slighter of millions of civilians?”

“Jesus mate...you never spilled a coffee? Stubbed a toe? Left the oven on?
People make mistakes and if you don't then you're not people.”

them the court erupts in applause and he’s immediately set free
I like you, you're out there... But i like you.

Reactions: JSN
Back