Media Anthony Smith "Francis Ngannou is one of the easier fights for Jon Jones"

Would love to see this fight, honestly stipe/jones isn't as interesting

Relax. Jon is more proven than Ngannou at this point, period. Ngannou didnt lose a close decision to Stipe, he got dominated. Oh and Jon didnt get tagged as much as you think in the Reyes fight. There were entire 10 punch flurries that looked impressive live, but most wiffed or glanced. Jon Jones has great defense.

lol seriously a lot of haters think that because Reyes looked good hitting air most of the fight he dominated Jones in the stand-up.

Stumbled, got any examples? I think he's taken or reacted to most of the big shots he's taken ridiculously well.. I've never seen him rocked and i've seen him take some big punches, though granted Francis is next level to what he has faced in this regard, and only needs a glancing shot to rock most people..

It's a good point, I just can't see anyone moving in with a wild 4 punch combo on Jones and him not defending very well, either movement, rolling the shots, partial blocks, dudes defence game is stacked.. I think Jones has too much experience to just stand and get 4 shotted without a takedown, serious head movement or some other crafty means of defending/countering.
Maybe "stumbled" was exaggerated. "Affected" might be fairer. I feel like I saw that both in the Santos and the Reyes fight. I'd have to re-watch. Neither of those guys hit anywhere NEAR Ngannou. I don't think Jon can take from Ngannou the shots he took from them.

Maybe "stumbled" was exaggerated. "Affected" might be fairer. I feel like I saw that both in the Santos and the Reyes fight. I'd have to re-watch. Neither of those guys hit anywhere NEAR Ngannou. I don't think Jon can take from Ngannou the shots he took from them.
It's hard to believe anyone can take a clean Ngannou strike, but who know's how the speed is altered at HW, Jones being used to fighting generally faster strikers might mean a lot.. We saw Stipe ducking and diving and escaping all the shots, Jones imo has higher Defence game than Stipe, perhaps not by much though.

It's hard to believe anyone can take a clean Ngannou strike, but who know's how the speed is altered at HW, Jones being used to fighting generally faster strikers might mean a lot.. We saw Stipe ducking and diving and escaping all the shots, Jones imo has higher Defence game than Stipe, perhaps not by much though.
You might be right. If this was Jon of 4 yrs ago I'd be all in on Jones. But today's Jon is still a bit of a mystery to me. I'm not sure how rapidly he's declining but he sure doesn't appear to still be the dude was just leagues ahead of his division anymore. He seems to be scraping by in fights he would have presumably dominated years back. Time will Tell like Bob said.

EDIT: And it's not even the clean strikes I'm worried about as much as the ones he tries to roll with. Hopefully he doesn't eat a clean one. But I don't know if those can be rolled with. Time may indeed tell.

You might be right. If this was Jon of 4 yrs ago I'd be all in on Jones. But today's Jon is still a bit of a mystery to me. I'm not sure how rapidly he's declining but he sure doesn't appear to still be the dude was just leagues ahead of his division anymore. He seems to be scraping by in fights he would have presumably dominated years back. Time will Tell like Bob said.

EDIT: And it's not even the clean strikes I'm worried about as much as the ones he tries to roll with. Hopefully he doesn't eat a clean one. But I don't know if those can be rolled with. Time may indeed tell.

Absolutely, I think it's still really hard to tell how much he may or may not have declined personally, we've seen shit performance and bounce backs before, it's an easy one to accuse the lack of juice, despite him arguably losing those fights or at least struggling in them, I still don't think he really struggled THAT much, like he was never once getting absolutely fucked up or completely humiliated, just got some wacks no one expected and some takedowns didn't work, he's set his own bar soo fucking high though if he does anything not perfect folks will come down on him like a ton of bricks..

Absolutely, I think it's still really hard to tell how much he may or may not have declined personally, we've seen shit performance and bounce backs before, it's an easy one to accuse the lack of juice, despite him arguably losing those fights or at least struggling in them, I still don't think he really struggled THAT much, like he was never once getting absolutely fucked up or completely humiliated, just got some wacks no one expected and some takedowns didn't work, he's set his own bar soo fucking high though if he does anything not perfect folks will come down on him like a ton of bricks..
But, to be fair, he was looking untouchable for a good streak. Either this competition is way higher or his skills have declined to some degree. True, he was never getting knocked around - I mean he's still a champ. But I'm not sure how much he's declined or hasn't tbh. It's hard to tell. Opposite of Nas, I guess.

images

Prove that this is a lie. Also prove that Ngannou is on steroids.
thats that medal of honor 1 passport

(i dont know if this video is funny but its the first thing that i could find for my reference)

I favor Jones now. Not as much as I would have in 2013, but I think he’s too well rounded for Francis.

jon jones haters gonna cry for many years lol haha

Smith for some reason thinks because got bullied by jon jones everyone else will, he said the same about reyes. Meanwhile my mans out here struggling to restrain the local crackhead
he predicted jan vs reyes correctly

Either way it’s a lose/lose situation for Jones, he should fight somebody like Blagoy who suits his style better.
True, I think the only way Jones finds success at HW is if he has the same ridiculous reach and length advantage that he had at 205. And Ivanov is indeed one of the shorter HWs out there.

Ngannou seems like a steep first transition fight. But an interesting one nonetheless.

I agree, Jones style is to be elusive and drown fighters in the 4th and 5th rounds.... that's the prefect strategy against Francis.

Francis style is to pressure and go for the knockout, that's the WORSE strategy against Jones.

I hate Jones but he would sit on Ngannou for five rounds

Smith for some reason thinks because got bullied by jon jones everyone else will, he said the same about reyes. Meanwhile my mans out here struggling to restrain the local crackhead

In fairness local crackhead was a D1 all american wrestler

Back