Media Anthony Smith: Jon Jones is very beatable

"very beatable"
gZLnQk.gif
Anthony looks better with hair
71wki6.jpg

This guy couldn't even tko a guy like a weightclass down who had high school wrestling experience during a home invasion

Jon Jones is fighting everyone from his wife to entire teams of police and when they finally. Restrain him HE STARTS FIGHTING THE MACHINES!

This guy cant speak on this matter.

I think that Smith is not a very good analyst but in this case, I partially agree with him: Jones being GOAT level everywhere is a myth.

His boxing is trash and his supposed amazing adaptability was nowhere to be seen in that first fight with Gus + in some of his last few fights at LHW. He does a few things really well, is a beast physically and is brilliant at using his limited tool set. If he ever faced someone who had great counter-wrestling and knew how to check/counter his kicking game, Jones would struggle (...particularly post-USADA Jones). Shockingly, the LHW division has never had someone like this during his time. Gus did great defending the TDs and mitigated the kicks with a) movement b) a massive boxing advantage, giving Jon the fight of his life. The blueprint has been out there for some time but as I said: no one has the skills required to make something of it.

Where I don't agree with Smith is that I consider Jones to have and exceptionally high fight IQ. I think it's by far his best attribute. Smith claiming that Jones is a drone who just follows instructions is silly hater talk. Applying techniques in the ring/cage requires split-second judgement calls and timing that your coaches cannot drill or micro-manage. He isn't adaptable in terms of tactics because his skill set is not very deep, but he knows exactly what his strengths and weaknesses are and he fights around these perfectly. Also, he has a champion's mindset - his focus is as bullet-proof as any I have seen and he will do absolutely anything to win (while being responsible/managing risk).

Jon has longer arms he beats Smith in all disciplines

Jon Jones is only good at MMA because it's mixed martial arts, guys.

I think that Smith is not a very good analyst but in this case, I partially agree with him: Jones being GOAT level everywhere is a myth.

His boxing is trash

His muay thai is exceptional.

So........

He beat him the first fight while living the party monster life, demolished him the second fight while focused. Sorry, try again.

the judges said he beat Gus the 1st time, but the actual fight was basically a draw. he demolished him the 2nd time while pulsing and Gustafsson was washed.

i know it's hard because your friend's friend's friend or whatever is best coke buds with Jon Jones, but come on bruh

Anthony Smith is that kid in elementary school who was like one wrong answer away from being put in the retard classes

His muay thai is exceptional.

So........

Compared to who? It's not on the level of MM, or Yan, or Edwards, or Adesanya, or Pereira, or Blachowicz, or Ankalaev, or a bunch of lower ranked fighters...

I am not saying his KB is trash (and neither is Smith). The point is simply that he has some strong attributes but is not GOAT tier in every dimension of MMA like much of this forum believes. He has a champion's mindset, elite level IQ and puts things together brilliantly - this is why he was the champ.

the judges said he beat Gus the 1st time, but the actual fight was basically a draw. he demolished him the 2nd time while pulsing and Gustafsson was washed.

i know it's hard because your friend's friend's friend or whatever is best coke buds with Jon Jones, but come on bruh
LMAO. I was almost a pro fighter but value my grey matter. Getting my face mushed to oblivion isn't in the cards, I have a masters degree in a neuro related field and know too much about the brain to put my brain at that type of risk. My buddy is an old training partner who trained at Jackson Wink. No, I'm not telling you who. Also, everyone juices in the pros. Everyone. Don't be naive. You think Gus never juiced? Actually, he didn't. Want to buy a bridge? I'll give you a good deal.

Compared to who? It's not on the level of MM, or Yan, or Edwards, or Adesanya, or Pereira, or Blachowicz, or Ankalaev, or a bunch of lower ranked fighters...

I am not saying his KB is trash (and neither is Smith). The point is simply that he has some strong attributes but is not GOAT tier in every dimension of MMA like much of this forum believes. He has a champion's mindset, elite level IQ and puts things together brilliantly - this is why he was the champ.

Interesting. Not on the level of all those fighters, yet he's never lost an MMA bout and never been knocked out.

And some of those fighters are elite level kickboxers who had dozens of kickboxing fights in high level orgaziations.

So he's not on the level of fighters who HAVE been knocked out on their feet in MMA matches, and he's not on the level of elite level kickboxers whose primary skillset was kickboxing at high levels outside of the UFC before becoming UFC fighters.

As I said, his Muay Thai is exceptional. Anyone with eyes and anyone who trains in it can recognize that. If he's a "level below" people like Izzy and Alex, his skillset is still remarkable.

Also, he TKO's either one of them.

Jon is a genetic freak, ofc he can be beaten, but when you're facing Jones your coaches better develop a solid gameplan for you in the event that you cannot finish him as quickly as you hoped. There's a reason Khabib's father had a ton of respect for Bones abilities.. the guy is on a different level everywhere.

Also I don't think Francis is Bones toughest fight @ HW, it's Ciryl Gane.

Smith: "he's not that good."

Proceeds to describe how Jon is incredibly good at mixing skill sets, and that's what makes him good afternoon mma.

Interesting. Not on the level of all those fighters, yet he's never lost an MMA bout and never been knocked out.

...because, as I said several times now, he has other championship level attributes. Elite level IQ, exceptional wrestling, good kicking game, puts it all together, amazing strength, endurance, chin.

Please keep in mind what it is that we are actually disagreeing about: Jones having 'exceptional' MT. He very clearly does not. Who are the guys with the best MT that he's beaten? Vera, twilight Shogun and Santos? LOL...

Jon is a genetic freak, ofc he can be beaten, but when you're facing Jones your coaches better develop a solid gameplan for you in the event that you cannot finish him as quickly as you hoped. There's a reason Khabib's father had a ton of respect for Bones abilities.. the guy is on a different level everywhere.

Also I don't think Francis is Bones toughest fight @ HW, it's Ciryl Gane.

If Francis outwrestled Gane, just imagine what Jon would do to him.

TBH, I think that Jon's legacy is overrated. The dude came into a weak LHW division with aging fighters and whenever he fought someone similar to his own size (Gus the first time), he struggled and some can argue had no business even being awarded that decision. Even against Reyes and Santos, he looked quite beatable and a lot are arguing whether he should have been rewarded those decisions but hey, to be the champ you have to beat the champ.

Jon saw the writing on the wall after the Reyes fight so he took off, I think that was smart.

However, his GOAT status is greatly exaggerated because of the weak division that he fought in.

TBH, I think that Jon's legacy is overrated. The dude came into a weak LHW division with aging fighters and whenever he fought someone similar to his own size (Gus the first time), he struggled and some can argue had no business even being awarded that decision. Even against Reyes and Santos, he looked quite beatable and a lot are arguing whether he should have been rewarded those decisions but hey, to be the champ you have to beat the champ.

Jon saw the writing on the wall after the Reyes fight so he took off, I think that was smart.

However, his GOAT status is greatly exaggerated because of the weak division that he fought in.
Jones Glover DC Rumble Davis Gus era was best at the time and you probably a delusional hipster who think jose aldo is goat

Back