Media Anthony Smith says Alex Pereira would "jump at the opportunity" to fight him

He's gonna retire as the Greatest Fighter of All Time at this point

Last edited:
Only in his mind he thinks the fight will be close.

They also forget that old Glover grapplefucked Jan and Alex has been training with Glover for years now.

That makes it look even worse for Pereira, since he arguably lost to 40 year old jan at elevation because of graappling, and as you pointed out yourself, jan is not an elite ground guy.

I guess Smith is right AP probably would jump at the chance to fight him easy highlight reel KO. Matter of fact that probably should have just booked this squash match for 301 so he could fight in Brazil

I'm sure Alex would fight for the easy paycheck and defending of the belt.

Last edited:
I'm sure Alex would fight hi,for the easy paycheck and defending of the belt.
Absolutely. Its very easy fight for Pereira considering Smith's fight with Rakič and how he crumbled after few leg kicks...

That makes it look even worse for Pereira, since he draw with a 40 year old Jan at elevation because of grappling, and as you pointed out yourself, Jan is not an elite ground guy.

Hes not wrong. Pereira would love to be gifted a title defense.

Imagine. All the possibilities. Ankalaev, Krylov, Rakic. Perhaps a Jiri or Hill rematch. And the UFC gives Pereira a title defense against Anthony fucking Smith. Would be the greatest gift someone could ask for.

Week after Smith been KOed by Poatan

"He doesn't even hit hard, I just wasn't on that night"

I used to like Anthony. I generally like the journeymen who have a nice late career run and usually have fun fights. But good grief, the guy is completely delusional about where he stacks up in the game. You've lost three of your last four. You shouldn't even be talking about any potential fight with the champ right now. It's not even close to being on the radar.

This is one of those guys that just his existence alone is cringe.

On what probably was one if not the shittiest LHW division of all time.
Smith won three fights to get a title shot. He beat Rashad off a four fight winning streak and a shot Shogun. His only legit win in the lead up to Jones was a competitive win over Volkan that could've gone either way.
Neil Magny thinks he can beat Alex? haha
Don't disrespect Magny like that.
That doesn't fit the whole "Alex can only kickbox and has no grappling but no one tries to grapple him" narrative that people love.
Well Alex did look beatable in that fight which is what Smith is getting at. But Smith looks way more beatable and yet has no humility.
Week after Smith been KOed by Poatan

"He doesn't even hit hard, I just wasn't on that night"
"I don't even remember being hit, that's how forgettable his power is. I was winning before the KO and I know if I could perform to the level I do in the gym he'd be the one getting knocked out."

Of course he would jump
It would be a very easy fight

Back